News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

I can't install this!!!

Started by Khlivny.Denis, May 15, 2004, 05:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khlivny.Denis

When i trying to run file install.php on my server, i have this error:

Warning: Undefined variable: _SERVER in c:\www\www2\forum\install.php on line 343

Warning: Undefined variable: _SERVER in c:\www\www2\forum\install.php on line 350

... and MySql database don't creatinng!

Chris Cromer

SMF requires at least PHP 4.1.0 or higher. That error means that you have too old a version of PHP installed to use SMF.

Ask your host to upgrade PHP.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

[Unknown]

Wow, that version of PHP must be really really old... cavemen wrote it or something.

-[Unknown]

Cadish

Just a little question, how can you know which version it is, just seeing those errors?

Bartrainer

Quote from: Cadish on May 15, 2004, 01:00:14 PM
Just a little question, how can you know which version it is, just seeing those errors?

I'm not one to know, but it seems that everytime you tell support what the errors say they know exactly what the problem say. I'm guessing it's their experience  :P
Everyone that says "it can't be done" is followed by someone that just did it.  The possibilities are as Powerful as your imagination...

"There are No bad cocktails, just bad drinkers."

[Unknown]

Yeah, the errors are cryptic but they mean something to us.... it's something you learn over time ;).

-[Unknown]

Chris Cromer

Some errors do have special meaning to help figure out the problem. $_SERVER  was added in PHP 4.1.0... so if an error appears saying that it doesn't exist it means that your using an older version than 4.1.0. Same goes for $_COOKIE, $_SESSION, $_ENV, $_FILES, $_GET, $_POST, and $_REQUEST. If any of those give errors saying they don't exist then it's an older version than 4.1.0.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Khlivny.Denis

Thank you for support.  I asked my hoster, what version of php it have, an he say that 4.0.6.
Now i understand what is the problem.
One more time thank you. I trying to do something with it.

Advertisement: