A Mod that will let you place more than one poll in a single Topic?

Started by Ken., August 23, 2006, 03:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

SMF 1.1 RC3
My forum currently has a contest running that will have three groups of contestants, divided according to their grade level in school.
So, even though its one contest, there will actually be three polls.
The forum membership will vote to select 1st, 2nd & 3rd place from the contestants in each of the three groups.

My issue this:
Is it possible to have a mod that will let you place more than one poll in a single Topic?

Specifically, what would be really great is being able to have three polls, side by side at the top of the 'voting' Topic.
I have looked at poll setup questions and did numerous searches on how to have more than one poll in a single thread in lots of places, including here on SMF, Google and several other forums, but so far it is not looking as though it can be setup that way with what is already available, so it looks like a new mod is my only hope.

My timeline for the current contest closing is about three weeks and I realize that may not be enough time (I don't really know what kind of hours are required to code a mod), but we are sure to do more contests on our forum and have the voting split as in this case... in other words, this will not be a one shot deal.
If someone is willing to give it a go I would be very thankful... Ken
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

klumy

good idea

but this request should be moved into the MOD Request section

codenaught

It's really not a bad idea for a mod, but unfortunately I can't see myself personally coding such a mod by your desired 3 week deadline. If I take a look at the code of SMF and not too many adjustments were needed I could see what I could do. Or I could find a code monkey and see if they are interested in making such a mod. ;)

Moved to Mod Requests
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Ken.

Thanks for the move akabugeyes, thought I had it in the right place!
And, thanks for taking a look at the possible mod.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Ken.

It's been about a week and I haven't heard if anyone is working this request, so hopefully this will bring it to the top of someone's list of things to take a look at???  ;D
Thanks... Ken

Alan S

i could try maybe but my time is limited now im back to school + im only really starting out making mods.....
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Ken.

Ken.

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the looks so far.

My contest closes in one week, on the 16th, so I'm checking one more time to see if anyone is able to fix me up on the three polls in a single topic mod.

As mentioned in my original post it would be great if three separate polls could be placed side by side (or vertically if need be) at the top of one single topic so that members would be able to go to that one topic and vote for contestants (who are in three separate groups within the one contest) in the contest that we are running.
Contest Link

Thanks again for all the looks and thanks for any help with this mod... Ken

bartag6

I am completely new to SMF.  But I was just wondering if anyone had done a mod like this.  Thanks.

Advertisement: