News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Another SMF phpNuke Question

Started by Springer, May 18, 2004, 04:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Springer

I do not think intergration is needed for what I want.  I may have to ask at phpnuke site also.

My game clan decided to update the site and phpnuke was an easy alternative for our needs.  The only accounts in Nuke is that of the few people that do the web admin stuff.  Absolutely no user accounts.  (we've modified everything to take that away)  So no need to get information from SMF.

The SMF forum is also fine the way it is.  I do not need any information from the nuke site.

But we would like to have the SMF forum work within nuke as if it were intergrated. 

The Brothers Disgruntled (This site isn't finished yet so no judging a work in progress  :P

The top link "Form" is to open iSMF in a new window.  The link Forum NUKE is my attemp using iframe to get SMF to appear within nuke.  (IF I can get it to work within, the top forum link will be removed)

The width isn't an issue, at 100% it works great.  However if I put the height at 100% it shows only the top of the SMF forum.  (top of page down to the line below the User box)  This forces me to create a height that isn't conveinant.

Is there a way to give the appearance I need?

Springer

One other thing about creating a height value.  If a thread is long it will extend past the area and no way to scroll down to it.

Oldiesmann

Try adding style="overflow:auto" to the iframe tag. That should make scrollbars appear.

iFrames are generally more of a nuisance than anything. Try using php includes or regular frames.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Springer

Thank you.  I'll go look about those now and see if I can manage to get one to work.

Springer

The style overflow didn't work.

Hopefully I'll have time later, or this weekend, to try the other two you suggested.

whiterabbit

iFrame scroll: Just add scrolling=[yes,no,auto] to iframe tag

iFrame height:

You can use javascript to control style.
After iframe loaded, you can do

document.getElementById('myIframe').style.height = height +'px';

To get iFrame height
Mozilla:

height = document.getElementById('myIframe').contentDocument.height;

IE:

height = document.frames('myIframe').document.body.scrollHeight;

Those just came out off the top of my head, but it should work;
you need to create a javascript function to use them, tho
and may put it inside onload tag of your iframe.
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

Oldiesmann

Oh yeah... forgot about the scrolling thing. Last time I messed with iframe was several months ago (as in sometime around September or October) when I was working on building a website to go with my messageboard and wanted to include a menu at the top of every page. I finally came to my senses and used php include() instead.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: