Customizing SMF > SMF Coding Discussion

Saving Profile - time out

(1/3) > >>

Curbow 5:
For some reason, when editing profiles my SMF just 'hangs', times out. i suspect it to be a session issue, but I can't put my finger on it... I'll set up a test / test account, if someone wants to check it out.

My SMF and config

Oldiesmann:
I'm not getting that problem from this end on your board, so it might be an issue with your browser or computer. Everything was nice and fast for me...

Curbow 5:
i just saw you testing and saw you had no problem changing avatars + adding a sig, etc. i tried editing the test account myself and had no problem!

then i tried editing my own profile (changing my website name and adress) and it timed out again... :(

Curbow 5:
to be more exact: i'm only having this problem when editing under 'Forum Profile Information' some of my members experience the same error...

edit: i think i've narrowed it down to the 'I have my own pic' option -> when using this it times out! it does this in the test account as well...

Oldiesmann:
It's more likely the "Upload my own picture" option - not sure though. If you try to upload a huge image to use as your avatar, it probably would timeout (after 30 seconds anyway)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version