News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

mysql error ? Cannot access message boards

Started by mhf, September 11, 2006, 12:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhf

test site
smf 1.1rc3 (fantastico 1.0.5 install upgraded to 1.1rc3)
tp 0.9.5
default theme
no mods apart from tp
one member
no posts

I have this error message and can't access the message boards :

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 2, 1)' at line 3
File: /home/*******/public_html/forum/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 102

I have tried repair_settings and re-uploading messageindex.php from the 1.1rc3 upgrade package, also tried repairing the db through cpanel, but no changes, any ideas please?

Update

If I enter the forum as a guest I can post topics on any boards.
If I register as a regular member I get the following message when trying to post :

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

If I login as admin I get the SQL error I mentionned above in the first part of this post.

So I went to the admin section and generated reports, and it seems from this that the admin has NO permissions !!! Where some member types are marked Allow for various settings and with a x where they do not have permission, the admin has x's all the way down the list, what the h does that mean???

Update 2
Solved the first two problems which were TP problems, however I still don't understand the logic of the the reports - any comments ?
As the King of Hearts said to the White Rabbit : "begin at the beginning, go on to the end, then stop"

Advertisement: