News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Official SMF Add-On

Started by David, May 20, 2004, 12:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emrys

Listen to Master Yoda there lol

tenowg

I would just like you guys to know, I have three sites that are on hold for this new addon, as well as the release of the RC...

so lets get a move on...  :P

Accually take your time, nothing good ever was rushed, and this so far is the best I have seen, keep it up... one of the easiest to edit themes, and mods...

Thanks!!!
These are the sites I am working on (in order of activity):

hxxp:cbook.millwis.com [nonactive] -- Cbooks - Cookbooks on-line
hxxp:millwis.com [nonactive] -- Millwis Hosting
hxxp:milw-dj.com [nonactive] -- Milwaukee Dj's
hxxp:sacred.millwis.com [nonactive] -- Sacred PC Game Site

Fan

I've been a long time friend of Kevin's now trying to help where I can I'm a noob at heart and I have to say this portal/cms or whatever you want too call it is very pleasing too the average user. Currently I have it running on around 20 or 30 sites,  testing it very well.  Comm_id has yet to show me how he crashed it  but so far from what I've found testing it on all those sites it's running quite well of course, thats the noob coming out in me. Being a Security nut as I am I  love to look for security holes in Php-nuke, post-nuke, etc and I'll say this I've been beta alpha and whatever else testing Kevin's work and have yet to see a security whole for any of the versions he's put out.  I know why but I'll leave that too the imagination.  This software in the words of Comm_id will rock everyones worlds  :D

emrys

Hi fan ummm one the umm "Site" is down two could someone please aprove my acct? LOL

[Unknown]

It's not down.... it's just... haha, I love it.

I totally love it.  Props to whoever did that ;).

-[Unknown]

emrys

Ridiculous is what it is funny but ridiculous lol I mean why put it up at all if not to show it to users and test it thoroughly

Fan

I dunno where it went and I'm the host  :o but I can confirm it has been moved and I was not hacked.

Oldiesmann

Hmmm... "404 - Portal Not Found" - that's a new one... Don't have a clue where it went.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Springer

Think we scared it away.   :'(

Aaron Nelsen

Hmm... odd indeed. The main site for their IPB portal still works though...

Springer

Lets just hope it is a good thing, maybe want to work in private because they are closer to wider testing stage   8)

Aaron Nelsen

[Unknown]

You know you've had too much SMF when you vaguely remember a segment of your dream explaining where this site went....

I've got to get more sleep.

-[Unknown]

Springer

Ok Unknown, time to go outside and enjoy the sun and the nearly naked women of summer who flaunt their stuff but say they do not want you to stare.. 

Thunderace

I think I've seen the light .. I'm dumping mambo and biting the bullet to code my own site using xhtml.

CMS is an SOEs nightmare. (SMF stays ofc  :D)

Once you have a decent template system to replicate for additional pages it's no more difficult than CMS anyway.

-Garion-

Quote from: Springer on July 16, 2004, 10:40:16 AM
Ok Unknown, time to go outside and enjoy the sun and the nearly naked women of summer who flaunt their stuff but say they do not want you to stare.. 

Amen.  Darn teases..  :'(

emrys

Im working on a portal type addon for SMF as well

Will have different features, and be really easy for non programmers to work with more like enigma then this addon or say xoops or nuke.

Will let everyone know when i have some screen shots

Springer

It's been a while since your last Tease on this project.

Think maybe you can give us some hints about modules for it.  Such as once available can we use modules from another type of portal easily or "tweaking" be required.  Or will we be use'n modules specifically designed for SMF and/or the addon?

emrys

Actually there wil be Moduldes of every kind from integrated chat for people hwo want a chat site tied into a message board  bridges for every major forum software complete site administration, news custom pages similar to the way enigma does it just about any modules for other portals wil tie in itll be fully customizable tailored for the non code expert as well as the expert coders

Cerberus

Best Regards, Cerberus
YaBB Gold -> YaBB 1.1 -> YaBB SE (YaPP -> PfaBB) -> SMF
Pocket PC Russia

Advertisement: