News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Remove membergroup indication

Started by DeadMetal, May 20, 2004, 11:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadMetal

Hi,

I want to remove the text which says in which (post-based) membergroup a moderator of admin is, in messages and in his/her profile.
Is there an option for this or how can I edit the code to do this?

I have a new moderator with only a couple of posts yet and it looks stupid to see 'Newbie' under his 5 moderator stars  ;)
Of yourse I don't want to remove this indication for regular members.

Jack.R.Abbit™

Admin > Current Theme's Settings > Hide post group titles for grouped members?  [X]

Oldiesmann

Open up Themes\default\Display.template.php

find:
if ($message['member']['post_group'] != '')

replace:
if ($message['member']['post_group'] != '' && $message['member']['group'] != 'Administrator' && $message['member']['group'] != 'Global Moderator' && $message['member']['group'] != 'Moderator')

It won't show the post group in the profile if the user is a member of a primary group (ie Administrator or Global Moderator).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Jack - you're too fast! I didn't even know that option was there... Ignore my previous post. :P
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

DeadMetal

Strange, I don't see that option. (I use the Dutch version but can't find anything that looks like a translation of that sentence). I use the Classic theme, but I guess that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Perhaps one of you guys can attach a screenshot?

Jack.R.Abbit™

The text appears to be untranslated so if it exists... you should see the english text.  However, it may not be in the Classic theme.  It also may not even be in your version, as I believe it is a relatively new feature... perhaps unreleased yet.  Sorry to have given you dodgy info.

DeadMetal

Then I guess it isn't in my version (beta 5) yet, thanks for the help.

I won't ignore your post Oldiesmann, thanks  ;D ;)

Oldiesmann

You're welcome. The latest version is Beta 5 Public, and I'm pretty sure that option isn't there... :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

DeadMetal

Oldiesmann

Good! It's amazing how simple these things are :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Ben_S

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 20, 2004, 02:39:42 PM
You're welcome. The latest version is Beta 5 Public, and I'm pretty sure that option isn't there... :)

It's not, it appeared in a cvs ver about 3 days ago ;).
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: