News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Back-n-Black

Started by Crip, September 13, 2006, 06:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Link to the theme

Note: Updated Now to 2.0.4 version.

Dark Theme based mostly on (Core Templates) SMF default, nothing fancy -- it's a Black Theme.

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Yuripro84

Hey, just gotta say, I love the template.  It's not too complex, easy on the eyes, and fits the theme of my main site, with no banner that's a pain to edit for my site :)  I do have one suggestion though if you plan on working more on this.  The navigation buttons are cut on the bottom, no closing line, but it doesn't connect to anything?  This just looks a little tacky imo, but everything else looks hecka nice.  Great job man!

What ever happened to posting comments right in the Themes part of the SMF main site?  I preferred this, more comments were left behind....

wizard61

I love this theme but I am having a problem with it on version 1.1.2 the news fader is not working

Slushie

Cool theme. My brother is making a forum for a band, and loves it.

But does anyone know if there is a way to put a banner image at the top somehow, would really help.

denchomsky

Great Theme Thanks.

Just one problem the new.gif does not show when you open the topic, you know the little blue "new" all image files are in the correct folders? has anyone else had this problem, i just get the red cross.
Be the talk of your town! [nofollow]     The UkHipHop Forum! [nofollow]

vdneut

Thanks for the great theme!

Why?

• Dynamic with; great if you want to wrap it in your website
  • Language independent; so no graphical buttons that need translation
  • Excellent html/css structure giving enough flexibility to adapt the looks of it

THATS WHY!  :D

Crip

Theme Updated 114
------

• If you use and like this Theme I strongly recommend you download the Updated package 114!

• Included the update is an added "(BoardIndex.template.php)" changes in Background image, new
        titlebg's and catbg's --- do yourself a favor and get this Updated Package -- and see the Demo provided..you'll be glad you did!

- Abraham Lincoln -

jazzgirlzz

jazzgirlzz

HiddenGold

File wrong, beautifull Theme ;)
Bizler uzun bir seferdeyiz; buradan kabre, kabirden haşre, haşirden ebed memleketine gitmek üzereyiz.

Fallen Angel

Great theme m8e! I'm playing withe it now, but i got one problem...

How do i add more buttons so they looks like the rest?? Need at least 3 more, Gallery, Downloads and Invite <-- Those 3 buttons..

// Show the [gallery] button.
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
echo'
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? ' id="active"' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">Gallery</a>
</td>';

// Show the [downloads] button.
echo'
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'downloads' ? ' id="active"' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=downloads">Downloads</a>
</td>';

// Show the [invite] button.
echo'
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'invite' ? ' id="active"' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=invite">Invite</a> </td>';

Fallen Angel

Hmmm... No help at all here????

NeXuS1

I'm looking at adding more buttons also. I'm tweaking it a bit to see if i can make some magic happen until we hear back from someone else.  (I ended up using the tinyportal version of this black theme

edit:
after checking another site, i came across
To add a menu button is really easy, go to your index.Template.php file...
Find this:
Code:

// Show the [help] button.
   echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help"><span>' , $txt[119] , '</span></a></li>';

Then say a Gallery or Arcade button you'd add those like this..
Affter Forum Button:
Code:

// Show the [gallery] button.
   echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery"><span>Gallery</span></a></li>';
**************************************************************************************
   // Show the [arcade] button.
   echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade"><span>Arcade</span></a></li>';

So much easier to tweak then any other theme. an over all great theme. thanks for all the hard work crip

Crip

Quote from: Fallen Angel on February 08, 2008, 10:41:34 AM
Hmmm... No help at all here????

Yes there is help..
i have many themes to support but i do get around enuff

- Abraham Lincoln -

Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

Thank you NeXuS1............. That worked................

Fallen Angel

One more question.. I see the buttons and they works fine, BUT can I hide them for peeps there arent logged into the forum? As it looks now everybody can see the links, want to hide them for non users.. Look at http://www.gnot.dk/blog/index.php

Emperium

How do I add a navigational button so that it links to a URL.

I tried making a Redirect.php with
<?php
header
'Location: http://emperium.uni.cc/oekaki/' ) ;
?>

inside and placed it in the Sources folder and made an addition to the index.template.php

// Show the [oekaki] button.
    echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=redirect"><span>Oekaki</span></a></li>';

The button shows but when you click the link you just go back to the board index with "http://emperium.uni.cc/forums/index.php?action=redirect" in the address bar.

Please help.

Crip

Emperium,
where do you want the Link to open?..if an external link you can just add i'd think a direct link to the location leaving out the ?action=?

echo '<li><a herf="http://www.YourUrL.Com"><span>Oekaki</span></a></li>';

..but i really don't understand what redirect you mean,..?

- Abraham Lincoln -

Emperium

i see, also on internet explorer all the text is centered (aside from the board index which looks fine, but all the threads message profiles etc are all centered), fine on firefox though, how do i fix it?

http://emperium.uni.cc/forums/index.php (To see what I'm talking about)

The link I was mentioning was the Oekaki button you see on the forums, to link to: http://emperium.uni.cc/oekaki/

I tried changing the code like you mentioned but the button doesn't do anything when you click it now.

Advertisement: