News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Online Status

Started by Maury, May 21, 2004, 04:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maury

I was just playing with the hidden feature, and i was just wondering why when you are *hidden* and then your online you look in the Member List it shows you as online....Your not that hidden and more..lol

I dont know this appears to be a flaw or something, cause i thought hidden ment where NO ONE can see if you are online or not, but the status computer is green when you are online and hidden. *Shrugs* Just suggesting.

Dem0n

was you an admin? or on this board?

Cypher7

Im not too sure of this, maybe Im wrong, but...

Are you an admin, hiding yourself?  Id say admins are able to see *everyone* online, hidden or not. So if you are an admin and you hide yourself, then look at the users online, you would be able to see yourself. Not only that but a normal user would not be able to see you in the online list, as you are hidden. Which is the point of being hidden, as you said...

Also, if you are a normal user, and you hide yourself, you cannot see yourself in the onlist.

(you will still always see "5 guests, 8 users (2 hidden)" no matter who you are)

Am I right!?

Maury

Ok, i retract my statements above, feel free to point and laugh at the noob.  :)

Cypher7

Im only assuming that! could be wrong but that's the way I thought it works!

and hey, you're not alone in the noob status...   ie... me!  ;D

Advertisement: