News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Refresh causes page to lose CSS style

Started by Cypher7, May 21, 2004, 05:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypher7

Or at least that's what I think is happening!!

If I open the forum, any page, any time, its fine. But, if I refresh any page at any time, the image below is what I get. Yes, I did change the template a bit (not much though, no time! :-[), but surely if I did something wrong it wouldn't work at all? Not only that, but it happens on any theme, even a fresh install of a new theme?

Now what really gets me is, it only happens when Im using my PC here at home. It's never happened on my PC in work.  I also had a user report the same problem. My PC in work has Win2K, IE6 with all the latest patches etc. My PC at home is Win98 with IE6 with latest patches etc. The user was also using 98 and IE6. I haven't had a chance to try it in Mozilla or anything... anyone care to test it for me please?

airport-tkd.com/forum

Cheers!

nave

i dont get any problem in ie or mozilla.

Cypher7

I dont get any problems in work either, what OS are you using?

Oldiesmann

Shows up fine for me (WinXP Pro, IE 6, all the latest updates). Not sure what to tell you. Must be a windows 98 thing.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Elissen

It does work for me, but try turning off gzip compression (just a wild guess)

Cypher7

Quote from: Elissen on May 22, 2004, 05:46:16 PM
It does work for me, but try turning off gzip compression (just a wild guess)

Well, it may have been a wild guess but it was spot on!!  ;D

I unticked the option for "Enable compressed output", and now I can refresh away without problems!
Good guess  :D

Just to add a note, before this was solved, I installed Firefox and it didn't give any problems when refreshing!? So a Win98/IE6 problem apparently!?

[Unknown]

Firefox is just better ;).

I'm glad this was resolved... but the url is a 404 now :(.

-[Unknown]

Cypher7

yea I know :(  sniff,

Im using PowWeb as my hosting service, and my site went over the 5GB (daily) bandwidth limit yesterday... trying to get them to put it back up!

Advertisement: