New Install Snafu V 1.0.8. Please Advise ...

Started by boardgirls, September 16, 2006, 05:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boardgirls

As far as we can tell everything up to this point is correct? Can someone explain this install error message in easier to understand terms? Or what might be the cause? Any input is greatly appreciated >>>>

The installer was unable to access the "" database. With some hosts, you have to create the database in your administration panel before SMF can use it. Some also add prefixes - like your username - to your database names.

www.bigfootwest.com Family & Friends Admin Team

kegobeer

Did you supply the correct MySQL database information?  Have you created a database?  Have you created a database user that can create, delete, and alter tables?  Have you asked your host for the database server name?
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

boardgirls

boardgirls

boardgirls

boardgirls

kegobeer

Send me a PM with a link to your SMF forum, and all necessary information to complete an installation (usernames, passwords, etc.)  I'll take a look.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

boardgirls

First I want to thank Kegobeer for all of the help! So the beer is on me ... I'm not exactly sure what the snag was. My hosting company installed it somehow for us. I'm certain it was some rookie mistake on my part. Thanks to everyone for the assist.

gamesmad

Shouldn't this be in Install and Upgrade?

EDIT - Spelling

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Advertisement: