SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

It shouldn't delete the folder by default. Back it up before installing the mod. Once the mod is installed you can change the gallery path and url to different folder such as gallery2
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

lurkalot

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 15, 2008, 06:51:49 PM
It shouldn't delete the folder by default. Back it up before installing the mod. Once the mod is installed you can change the gallery path and url to different folder such as gallery2

Thanks again.  ;)

vbgamer45

Quote from: seattleda on March 15, 2008, 02:48:59 PM
Hi - trying to install this.  Here is the error I get:
512: parseModification(): The filename '\\NAWINFS02\home\users\web\b912\rh.dfstaff\forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php' is not a full path!
File: \\NAWINFS02\home\users\web\b912\rh.dfstaff\forum\Sources\Subs-Package.php
Line: 1339

Any ideas?
You can ignore it the mod should install fine
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

johnm1019

I already have a rather large coppermine gallery, and would like to switch.  Is there any less than painful way to switch it all over?

vbgamer45

How large gallery and what version of coppermine? A converter would need to be made.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

johnm1019

cpg 1.4.10 and the gallery has 977 files as of today.
no movies just pictures.

FWIW I think it would be a good investment of time to make an intelligent converter because for people like me that see the CPG project just dying, and this moving along (and with way better integration into our SMF forum) its very attractive.  That being said I wouldn't ever do data entry on 1000 files cause my eyes would bleed.

oh more info.... just thought of...
the gallery has only existed as bridged to our SMF install, and we have a lot of users gallery all of which need to be preseved.  the good news is tho as i said its only existed bridged so the user id's should match

LiamTheDuck

Any chance of upgrading it to SMF 2?
I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

vbgamer45

Not till the final release of SMF 2.0

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

LyndaRay909

Know of anyway to have the last 5 uploads to the gallery show up as thumbnails on the main page of the forum? I'm on 1.1.4 version and I just installed everything yesterday.

Also is there a way for members to upload more then 1 photo at a time?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

vbgamer45

I do have those options but only in the paid version of the gallery.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vinod41

hi,

i've this error while installing :)

at consoleplayers.com [nofollow] 1.1.4

Quote from: simon36 on February 23, 2008, 08:01:30 AM
When I try to uninstall 1.8.1.2 I get the below

Uninstall Actions "SMF Gallery Lite":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
8.    Delete File    ./Sources/Gallery.php    
9.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/Gallery.template.php    
10.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Gallery.english.php    
11.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/languages/Gallery.english-utf8.php

vbgamer45

You probably need to install the mod manually using
http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kelvinlnx

Hi,
Why is it that when I upload a file to the gallery it renames it?
Eg if I upload a picture named abc.jpg After I upload it, it will be renamed to a number format in the gallery directory like 1_21_.....jpg. Is there a way for me to have the Gallery keep the name abc.jpg instead of renaming it? Thanks.

retownes

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 16, 2008, 04:41:09 PM
Not till the final release of SMF 2.0

Oh man,... I didn't see this until I upgraded to 2.0 and lost my SMF Gallery.  Do you take bribes to get a working version to work with 2.0???  Purdy please!!  :)

vbgamer45

I take bribes for that but It would be a lot of work since the Gallery is a major mod a lot of changes would be need to be made in order for it to work with SMF 2.0.

I would rather wait till a final SMF 2.0 release.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

retownes

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 20, 2008, 07:58:28 PM
I take bribes for that but It would be a lot of work since the Gallery is a major mod a lot of changes would be need to be made in order for it to work with SMF 2.0.

I would rather wait till a final SMF 2.0 release.

How much work, or perhaps man hours, do you think would be involved in getting Gallery to work with the beta version of 2.0?     Also, would you anticipate any "major" changes needed when SMF goes from beta to the release of 2.0?

Thanks!

vbgamer45

A couple full days of work would be required. I would need to research all the major changes to mod development for SMF 2.0 and figure out how they work.

I believe the main changes from the Beta to the final will mostly be template based but beta2 to beta3 had major database changes so not really 100% sure what changes lie ahead.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

retownes

My interest is VERY high in regard to you coming out with a version that works with 2.X.  I am a registered user of SMF Gallery, and I am willing to pay an upgrade fee for a compatible version (even if it has bugs).

I have tried reverting back to the 1.X series of SMF, but I have been unsuccessful. I have also tried Coppermine, but I like the way your product integrates with SMF much better.  In a nutshell, your product rocks!

Let the bribes begin...  :)

vbgamer45

I have two editions Gallery Lite and Gallery Pro
Gallery lite I can get done faster since it is a lot less code than the pro edition found at
http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-gallery-pro.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

retownes

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 23, 2008, 12:51:34 AM
I have two editions Gallery Lite and Gallery Pro
Gallery lite I can get done faster since it is a lot less code than the pro edition found at
hxxp:www.smfhacks.com/smf-gallery-pro.php [nonactive]

Well, after spending 2-3 hours today, I was finally able to revert SMF 2 back to SMF 1.X, and your Gallery Pro is back up and running.  Whew! 

I am looking forward to you releasing a version of Gallery Pro that will work with SMF 2.X though.  IMO, no gallery out there integrates better with SMF than your product.  Kudos to ya'! :)

Advertisement: