News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wickedstangs

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 27, 2009, 08:12:13 AM
Missing the link to the gallery?

It looks like it added to the template. Check the text gallery text from modifications.english.php is in your themes languages modifications.english.php file

VB still can't figure it out can you give me a hand.. thanks and just installed your EZportal might need some guidance... Oh ya do you have a copy of the SMFGarage been trying to email that guy not replying...

vbgamer45

What part are you stuck at? Did you add the gallery text to the modifications.language.php files?
For default and custom theme?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Anthems

Hey!
I guess the forum search is not working right, so I can't find an answer to my problem. Well it's not really a problem, just a commodity.

Is it possible to change the user interface language? I added a portuguese text string translation based on the modifications.english.php to modifications.portuguese.php, but it just changes the language at the permissions menu.

I wanted to change everything to portuguese, if it's possible. Just point me to the file thats needs translation if it exists.

Thanks

vbgamer45

For the gallery you would also need to translate Gallery.english.php then the interface will also be in portuguese
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

techbot

I'm getting the following when trying to add this to my site:

1.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php     Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test failed

Those are the only errors I get. I'm running SMF 1.1.8
with Tiny Portal
Any help is appreciated. Scornful comments will be met with a blank stare

vbgamer45

Open up /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
Find ?>
Make sure it is on its own line.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SantaClaws

Just a suggestion; can you add something like where you can ban a certain user from viewing the Gallery? I can't see a feature like that, and I think it would be useful.

vbgamer45

Currently you would have to add them to a different membergroup then restrict access to the gallery

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

chris345

I currently have SMFGallery2.0.5 installed on my forum for quite some time. However I am having a bit of trouble with one user. They are a regular user who has uploaded many pictures and been able to comment on them. However one evening them uploaded a picture, but not image appear, so I deleted the image and ask them to re upload it. They can upload pictures still BUT they can not comment on any image. Every time they post a comment on a picture, an error arises saying "they have not posted any comment?" They have become very frustrated with the matter and I have done as much as I can with my limited knowledge of php to attempt to aid them. I have tried setting them to any admin, but still no solution, it doesn't seem to be a permission issue; every other user can comment.........any help?

vbgamer45

On SMF 2.0? If so it might be the wywyg editor.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

chris345

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 13, 2009, 08:19:38 PM
On SMF 2.0? If so it might be the wywyg editor.

Yes on SMF 2.0 Beta 4, it started to occur for this one specific user. Even when I log into their account and test it, it doesn't work; how would I fix this wywyg editor problem?

vbgamer45

Try resetting the themes -> Current Theme -> Reset Options and disable the editor

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

chris345

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 14, 2009, 01:23:13 PM
Try resetting the themes -> Current Theme -> Reset Options and disable the editor

Yea, that is what it was. Thxs  :D

Jez

I'm sorry but there's just too many pages to read through in this thread to see whether my problem has already been addressed. If it has, apologies!

Ok, so I've successfully installed SMF gallery lite 1.8.3. (Im running SMF 1.1.8) The gallery configuration tab is present in the admin panel, and is working fine. I created a gallery and uploaded a pic with no problems.
My only issue is that there is no gallery tab at the top of the main page for myself or members to click on. Any ideas how I can fix this? When I change my theme over to the default core theme, I can see the tab there, but in my custom theme, its missing. Please help!

Jez

vbgamer45

For SMF 1.1.8 you need to add a custom tab/link to the index.template.php of your custom theme

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jez

Mmm, im quite the noob, so this sounds a bit beyond my skills at the moment.  Are you referring to what was dicussed on page 3 of this thread? I just need to copy and past that stuff in the right section of my index template?

DarkAngel612

depending on the theme it is not hard to add that button....although I will admit some themes are not nice and have the button coding different...lol

what you do is open the index.template.php file in a text editor....a duplicate of it that is.

then find:

// the [member] list button
if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
echo ($current_action == 'mlist' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist">' , $txt[331] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'mlist' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

Then after it add:

// the [SMF Gallery] button
if ($context['allow_smfgallery_view'])
echo ($current_action == 'gallery' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">' , $txt['smfgallery_menu']  , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

save it then upload it back to your server replacing the one there.

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Jez

Thanks a heap DarkAngel612, I'll give this a try!

DarkAngel612

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Jez

Hi again

So I duplicated my index.template.php, added the gallery script as instructed, and replaced my old index templates in my default and custom theme with that one. (attached for reference). It worked! The gallery tab is now there up the top. Thanks for your help!

Some other things have happened though which I'm hoping I can get rid of. What has happened now is that the simple machines logo now appears on the right hand side of the header, a white 2mm thick line runs across the top just underneath the header, where there's some text saying 'Welcome, Guest. Please login or register' it is now in white rather than black like it was previously, and underneath that text it used to be brown, but is now cream coloured. Is there something in the code you provided that I can edit to get rid of these four changes/additions? Weird!

:-[

Advertisement: