News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

Just took a look and after going to two other threads I see that the code I have worked in the block until this update no longer works.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

lurkalot

DarkAngel612

I took a quick look and it is the same code I posted isn't it?
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

lurkalot

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on January 21, 2021, 03:39:14 AM
I took a quick look and it is the same code I posted isn't it?

No, don't think so.

DarkAngel612

You are correct, I missed a whole section...fried I am, sorry
added it to php block but can I get it to show the images in column not row

DarkAngel612

I figured it out, I was hoping I did not butcher it and I didn't, thanks sweety.

vbgamer45

Glad you have it working!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

DarkAngel612

Me tooooooo! Now if only I knew if there is a special way to import a gallery db into a forum db without screwing things up. my CPG  is updated and all and up until now it h as been in a separate db but now it won't let me access users from the bridged forum, everything else seems to be fine though.
This 2.0 portal is taking some getting used to  using but it do work great. love SMF/TP/CPG

vbgamer45

I can convert a coppermine gallery to SMF Gallery if needed.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lurkalot

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on January 21, 2021, 03:17:22 PM
Me tooooooo! Now if only I knew if there is a special way to import a gallery db into a forum db without screwing things up. my CPG  is updated and all and up until now it h as been in a separate db but now it won't let me access users from the bridged forum, everything else seems to be fine though.
This 2.0 portal is taking some getting used to  using but it do work great. love SMF/TP/CPG

Export the Coppermine database in phpMyAdmin, and then import it into your SMF database.

Obviously make a keep a backup of your databases first just in case it goes T/U. 

DarkAngel612

Quote from: lurkalot on January 21, 2021, 03:53:18 PM
Quote from: DarkAngel612 on January 21, 2021, 03:17:22 PM

Export the Coppermine database in phpMyAdmin, and then import it into your SMF database.

Obviously make a keep a backup of your databases first just in case it goes T/U.
I was wondering if that was what I could do and not kill the forum and/or the gallery...LOL I did not even know if I was supposed to install it first into the forum db then empty the tables then import.
I will try it when there are not many online so they  won't be surprised...I should put it into maintenance mode too.
thanks and will let you know what happens.

DarkAngel612

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 21, 2021, 03:45:58 PM
I can convert a coppermine gallery to SMF Gallery if needed.
convert it? It is in a db of its own and the only thing is that it has cpg14x and 15x tables in it. That was long ago when I thought it meant everytime I upgraded it had to have a new set of tables. it seems to be same images in both table sets so could I back it up, remove the cpg14x tables and just keep the 15x for importing into the foruum db?

vbgamer45

It would pickup based on the coppermine settings the tables to use. But it would empty theexisting smf gallery of pictures/categories.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DarkAngel612

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 22, 2021, 05:06:39 AM
It would pickup based on the coppermine settings the tables to use. But it would empty theexisting smf gallery of pictures/categories.

I meant and remember have brain fried:
export the dbdelete everything leaving only the cpg15 tablessave as cpg15xtables (something like that)import into the forum db.
is that the right way?

vbgamer45

I would backup everything but you don't have to delete anything.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DarkAngel612

ok please tell me what I might have done wrong.

put both attic and gallery into maint mode
backed up both db's
imported gallery db into attic db

then I edited the config file to the gallery with the db to use (the one for the forum) and I lost the gallery and got this error message  -- could not connect to database mysqli said ::

I thought then maybe the db's themselves needed to be edited to show the same db name

Well I ended up putting back the old db name everywhere and the gallery is operational again but now still get the error message when  hitting the user button in admin nav.

vbgamer45

Is that for coppermine? I am not too familiar with coppermine.  Were you trying to merge databases together?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DarkAngel612

Yes I was told by them to just add the Coppermine tables (import) DB into my forum DB so the error would go away...this is with the latest 1.06 version of the gallery.

They said that it is required to have it in the forums DB for the bridge to work, but no response since then and I did ask how to do it for sure and what to do with the old DB, if it was safe to delete it.
I just want to get it right without killing the forum (someone had to come in and fix it  from the move of 5.6 PHP to 7+, it rioted LOL

landyvlad

As an admin, how do I add pictures to one of the members "mygallery" galleries please?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

If use gallery pro just switch to their gallery and then add a picture. You can also change the picture owner to that userr

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: