News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Replace the file with the file attached:
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

kepin

THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !!  :D :D :D

inivid™

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 19, 2007, 03:24:00 PM
More info here:
http://us2.php.net/gd [nofollow]

Thank you! 
I also found this:  http://www.libgd.org/releases/ [nofollow]

I'm gonna have to install it myself.  I only need to know which version and where to install it to.  I'm assuming it needs to go into my /html folder?

Thanks for your help, thusfar. :D

kepin

vbgamer45, is this Gallery mod has ability to resize the WIDTH / HEIGHT picture if it's exceeds size requirements ?

Thanks!

vbgamer45

Not in the lite version.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

perplexed

Quote from: perplexed on January 26, 2007, 09:58:38 AM
Apart from getting people to use this instead of what they are used to, I only have one little problem (which is sort of related to getting people to use it).  Getting the url for the image in order to put it in their signature box, has to be done by right-clicking, and getting it from properties. 

Is there any way of displaying the url under the image to make it easier for the technically-challenged?   

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 26, 2007, 10:39:06 AM
You could add a field below the image that says the url to the image. I think someone did it in this topic a couple pages back. The names are long to avoid naming conflicts if two images have the same name.

ok I went back to pages 16/17 and there was some code posted there but it didnt work, and then someone on that page said they got a solution for this at smfhacks. I just went there and couldnt find it, so can someone please tell me how to display the image url under the image so people can copy it into posts etc instead of having to right-click?

~thanks

Matthew Schenker

Is this mod ready to be installed in 1.1.2?
When I tried to install it, I got an error message.

vbgamer45

Yes it should be ready for 1.1.2 what error message?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Matthew Schenker

vbgamer,
I get the two errors shown below.  Are they serious?  Or is there something I need to do?
Thanks,
Matthew

vbgamer45

index.template.php adds a link to the gallery page.

For Modifications.english.php it seems that file does not exist in your themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

I would create a file with at least this code if it does not exist then install the mod

<?php
//Modifications.english.php

?>

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Matthew Schenker

vbgamer,
OK, I got a Modifications.english.php file.  That error went away.
But I'm still getting the "Test failed" error on the index.template.php file.
Do you know how I should fix this?
Matthew

vbgamer45

You would need to install a link to the gallery manually on the default theme. Some other mod is conflicting with the gallery on the menu.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

perplexed

Quote from: perplexed on February 20, 2007, 02:20:40 PM
Quote from: perplexed on January 26, 2007, 09:58:38 AM
Apart from getting people to use this instead of what they are used to, I only have one little problem (which is sort of related to getting people to use it).  Getting the url for the image in order to put it in their signature box, has to be done by right-clicking, and getting it from properties. 

Is there any way of displaying the url under the image to make it easier for the technically-challenged?   

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 26, 2007, 10:39:06 AM
You could add a field below the image that says the url to the image. I think someone did it in this topic a couple pages back. The names are long to avoid naming conflicts if two images have the same name.

ok I went back to pages 16/17 and there was some code posted there but it didnt work, and then someone on that page said they got a solution for this at smfhacks. I just went there and couldnt find it, so can someone please tell me how to display the image url under the image so people can copy it into posts etc instead of having to right-click?

~thanks
*bump if someone can help with this*

Matthew Schenker

QuoteSome other mod is conflicting with the gallery on the menu.

Here are the packages/mods I have installed on my forum:
FontandSizeDropdown 1.1
EmailFlash 2.0
SMF 1.1.2 Update Package

Do any of these conflict with the Gallery?

Thanks,
Matthew

vbgamer45

They might. But I would just recommend editing the template and adding a link to the Gallery in the menu. You can still install the mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Matthew Schenker

QuoteI would just recommend editing the template and adding a link to the Gallery in the menu.

I have a test forum running, and that one has the Gallery working with no problems.  When I look in the Themes/default/index.template.php file, I see the following code:

// the [SMF Gallery] button
   if ($context['allow_smfgallery_view'])
      echo ($current_action == 'gallery' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">' , $txt['smfgallery_menu']  , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

Can I just insert that manually into the Themes/default/index.template.php file for the production forum?

Thanks,
Matthew

vbgamer45

[code]Yes you could insert that in the template_menu function.

There is one other edit to make the tab selected
Find in index.template.php
[code]
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(

Add inside
[/code]
'gallery',
[/code]

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AANDROID

OK, I was astonished by this great SMF and gallery, but now i found out that it isnt so easy and nice as it was looking like. So, what's the problem?

In uploading of pics.

I installed the mod with no problems (well, I just had to add a "Gallery" button for my theme and switch language files)... and I created a testing category. Now, let's try to upload something. No errors, but one big X instead of the pic. No thumbnail, no pic. When I click on 'Image preferences', I'll find out that this pic should be all right, because image properties refers to a pic in proper folder (gallery), properly named (something like 1_24_02_07_1_09_53.jpg), but that damned file isnt uploaded in that folder on FTP - in fact, theres nothing except of placeholder.txt file.

I tried to upload avatars (implemented in SMF) and files (implemented in TinyPortal, I think) - with no problems, those picture were uploaded to its proper folders, properly named.

When I upload the pic straight to the folder via FTP and rename it to 1_24_02_07_1_09_53.jpg, it finally shows up, but I want to offer ability of uploading to every member of my forum -- therefore I cant give them my FTP login info ;)

One more thing, because the forum is just for testing, the whole forum is CHMODed 777 - gallery folder too.

Any ideas? Thank you...

vbgamer45

I would try deleting the gallery and remaking it with writable permissions.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AANDROID

Do you mean 'gallery' folder or the whole mod?

Advertisement: