News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

That sounds reasonable enough to me...mind you I've used this mod on a number if forums and haven't had any issues with it but there could be some odd issue with your host that is making it a difficult one to use.

Have you considered Oldiesman's bridge to Menalto Gallery (open source) as an alternative?

joejackson

I manage the server myself so I can adjust it anyway necessary.

I haven't yet considered the bridge for Menalto you mention.
In your opinion how would that impact the current setup which has Joomla and SMF bridged and working successfully successfully together.

TrueSatan

To be honest I've not tried the double bridge in question and without actually running it on a test forum I'd be loath to make any comment on it save that if it can be got to work at all (which I would think that it can) it should work without too many problems...the trick will be in putting it together and that could be an "interesting" task. Personally I'd try it just to see if it will do what you want...in fact when I have some time (maybe next week) I'll be very tempted to put that combination together on a test forum just to satisfy my own curiosity...I still think that if you can get past the initial setup then the composite systems should run well together.

lwjuan

I searched the forum and can't find anythng related to my problem..

Is there any code to be added to this mod to enable user to have the "next pic" and "previous pic" button?

regards,
juan

vbgamer45

Not in the lite version.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Matthew Schenker

Hi Everyone,
I love this modification and have been using it for some time.  However, I recently had to restore one of my forums, and when I re-activated the Gallery modification it is showing up with two entries in the main menu.  (I've attached an image to show you what I mean).

Can someone point me to the code I need to alter in order to remove the extra listing?

Thanks!

bbulldog

Its in the index.template.php in the theme directory

look for this, will be in twice

Quote// the [SMF Gallery] button
   if ($context['allow_smfgallery_view'])
      echo ($current_action == 'gallery' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">' , $txt['smfgallery_menu']  , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

Matthew Schenker

bbulldog,
That fixed it.
Thank you very much!

ROGUE-Master

Could someone make a Helios_Multi Gallery button or give me a URL to one?  Thanks!

Matthew Schenker

QuoteCould someone make a Helios_Multi Gallery button or give me a URL to one?  Thanks!

What is a Helios_Multi Gallery?

vbgamer45

Helios_Multi is a theme.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ROGUE-Master

bbulldog

Quote from: Matthew Schenker on May 18, 2007, 01:29:02 PM
bbulldog,
That fixed it.
Thank you very much!
Its a pleasure

papados

My buttons for the Helios Multi Theme for English and Greek languages.

Rename the filenames according to the code you will add to index.template.php.

ROGUE-Master

Quote from: papados on May 22, 2007, 12:09:49 PM
My buttons for the Helios Multi Theme for English and Greek languages.

Rename the filenames according to the code you will add to index.template.php.

You are my hero. Thank you very much!

IVY420

I have installed this mod through the package installer.  I have the default theme set, and SMF 1.1.2.  I didnt get any errors during install(at least i dont think i did :/)  I have gone into quite a few of the files I saw mentioned on here and everything seems to be in order, but I get no button on the menu and no options through the admin panel.

This is listed in my index.template.php file:
      echo ($current_action == 'gallery' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">' , $txt['smfgallery_menu']  , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'gallery' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';
As well as this part which shows the names of the buttons
Quote$current_action = 'admin';
   if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('gallery','search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm', 'paypal')))

Also, the test strings are listed in my modifications.english.php file. 

When i go to list the files of the package in my admin area, this is what is displayed:
Gallery.template.php (78297 bytes)
smfgallery.xml (5743 bytes)
gallery.gif (873 bytes)
Gallery.english-utf8.php (7682 bytes)
galleryinstall.php (2862 bytes)
gallery/placeholder.txt (33 bytes)
package-info.xml (2291 bytes)
ReadMe.txt (967 bytes)
Gallery.php (54289 bytes)
smfgallery108.xml (5333 bytes)
Gallery.english.php (7682 bytes)

I then thought, ok, maybe ill try uninstalling/reinstalling & when i went to uninstall, I got an error:
1. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test failed

Any help is appreciated.  I would love to get this working ;)

TrueSatan

Very odd...would you mind posting as attachments your index.template.php and Modifications.english.php so we can see them in full?

It's a long shot but have you tried clearing your browser cache and if that doesn't do any good even a reboot of your machine then viewing your site again...just to be sure that you are seeing the current state of it.

Would you mind giving me your site URL (do it via PM if you like) I might need a test account too.?

bbulldog

Quote from: IVY420 on May 22, 2007, 10:49:09 PM
I have installed this mod through the package installer.&nbsp; I have the default theme set, and SMF 1.1.2.&nbsp; I didnt get any errors during install(at least i dont think i did :/)&nbsp; I have gone into quite a few of the files I saw mentioned on here and everything seems to be in order, but I get no button on the menu and no options through the admin panel.

This is listed in my index.template.php file:
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=gallery">' , $txt['smfgallery_menu']&nbsp; , '</a>
As well as this part which shows the names of the buttons
Quote$current_action = 'admin';
   if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('gallery','search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm', 'paypal')))

Also, the test strings are listed in my modifications.english.php file.&nbsp;

When i go to list the files of the package in my admin area, this is what is displayed:
Gallery.template.php (78297 bytes)
smfgallery.xml (5743 bytes)
gallery.gif (873 bytes)
Gallery.english-utf8.php (7682 bytes)
galleryinstall.php (2862 bytes)
gallery/placeholder.txt (33 bytes)
package-info.xml (2291 bytes)
ReadMe.txt (967 bytes)
Gallery.php (54289 bytes)
smfgallery108.xml (5333 bytes)
Gallery.english.php (7682 bytes)

I then thought, ok, maybe ill try uninstalling/reinstalling & when i went to uninstall, I got an error:
1. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test failed

Any help is appreciated.&nbsp; I would love to get this working ;)

It looks like the setting in the modification.english.php file are missing, this is all the text needed for the options in admin and the button at the top. If the gallery is still installed open up the modifications.english.php file int the languages directory and see if this is in there
if not add it before the ?>

//Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings
$txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Gallery For SMF';
$txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Gallery';
$txt['smfgallery_version'] = '1.0 Lite';
$txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Gallery Configuration';

//Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'View SMF Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Gallery';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Add Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Edit own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Delete own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Leave Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Allows the user to report pictures and comments.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Pictures';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Pictures do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Manage Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Pictures, Approve Pictures';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage gallery.';

//END SMF Gallery Text Strings
if not add it. if you are using another language check the modifications.yourlanguage.php file

TrueSatan

@bbulldog

That was my first thought too but the poster did say
Also, the test strings are listed in my modifications.english.php file. 

So unless that was a mistaken claim there's something else wrong. BTW...for test I assume read txt LOL

bbulldog

ok i see where i read 'wrong' ;D

but it still sounds like it.

Advertisement: