News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVY420

Quote from: TrueSatan on May 23, 2007, 04:11:16 AM
Very odd...would you mind posting as attachments your index.template.php and Modifications.english.php so we can see them in full?

It's a long shot but have you tried clearing your browser cache and if that doesn't do any good even a reboot of your machine then viewing your site again...just to be sure that you are seeing the current state of it.

Would you mind giving me your site URL (do it via PM if you like) I might need a test account too.?

Thx for your response.  I went ahead and cleared out my cache, and that didnt help.  I have restarted my comp a few times in between adding this mod, clearing out my cache etc, so that didnt do it, but was a good thought.

I have attached the files you referenced.  My site is hxxp:www.clanofsin.com/forums [nonactive].  Its a gaming site and i just started having people register and start posting there.  TY to anyone who takes the time to look at my issue and offer any guidance. :)

TrueSatan

Those two files look OK but your site seems very messed up. The themes seem to be a confused area with the index.template.php you uploaded here not being called into play. If it were working properly then the template file you uploaded here would show the gallery link as it is properly coded into it.

Perhaps the easiest way to resolve the problems might be to replace all the files save for Settings.php and Settings_bak.php in the forum root....if you don't need them then there's no need to have any other theme than the SMF default so you don't need to upload Babylon or Yabb themes. Get the SMF 1.1.2 full install package and upload everything but the two settings files, install.php and themes you don't need.

Your choice of shoutbox might be a problem too...as the author of it says himself it either needs your hosting to have a php accelerator available or to have its refresh rate substantially reduced from the default...personally even then if a php accelerator were not available I'd use a different system.

Replacing all the files won't affect your database at all so all the postings will be there and you'll just be resetting back to a forum without mods. Please make sure that you don't overwrite or remove the two files I mentioned above.

In future please remember that SMF advise you to backup your files and database before installing any mods.

bbulldog

what about the other files in the source directory?
have a look at Subs.php for this

'gallery_settings' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=gallery;sa=adminset;sesc=' . $sc . '">' . $txt['smfgallery_admin'] . '</a>',

and this

$context['allow_smfgallery_view'] = allowedTo('smfgallery_view');

and ManagePermissions.php for this

'smfgallery' => array(
            'smfgallery_view' => false,
            'smfgallery_add' => false,
            'smfgallery_edit' => false,
            'smfgallery_delete' => false,
            'smfgallery_comment' => false,
            'smfgallery_report' => false,
            'smfgallery_autoapprove' => false,
            'smfgallery_manage' => false,
         ),

TrueSatan

@bbulldog  Unfortunately the index.template.php posted earlier isn't working as it should...it isn't being used for some reason. The Gallery button is properly installed into it yet if you go to the poster's site then it isn't displayed although the theme appears to be correctly selected. Even if all the other Gallery related files are awry you should still see the button although it might not do anything if clicked.

Given that the poster seems to have few mods installed I still think that the easiest solution, and one that is certain to be effective, is to go back to clean files and re-install mods one by one checking for problems at each stage.

bbulldog

yeah i agree with that, i too would delete all mods then upload a new set of default theme files and start again one maod at a time and look in the error log in admin after every install.

TrueSatan

I'd go that one step further as I detailed earlier...remove all files save for Settings.php and Settings_bak.php then put on a complete fresh set also save for those two files...those files contain your basic board settings...things like the database name and password.

While bbulldog's solution might be enough the themes problem could be a sign of more issues in non theme files so it's best to do the lot and be sure.

Doing it as I detailed would mean that you wouldn't need to remove the mods as the clean files wouldn't have them installed anyhow...as you'd be replacing the installed.list file in the Packages directory the installed mods shown in the ACP would be shown as none too so you wouldn't need to do anything extra with that.

All in all a full replacement isn't really any more work.

Yuripro84

Don't know if this was already mentioned, or if you even care, but on version 1.7.1, file Gallery.english, I found a typo.

For string '$txt['gallery_set_commentschoice']' you accidentally said the following:
Allow the user to toggle if comments can be shown or a picture or not

Did you mean 'for a picture or not'?

Just thought I'd point this out :) I would tell you the exact line, but I am not sure, as I am using notepad to edit the code lol, but it's under this comment..if it helps any:
//Settings page

EDIT:
Just a suggestion, but maybe you should allow users to change the name of the Gallery in the admin panel, since you just named it 'Gallery'.  The GUI is very basic.  But still, I've got to say, it's a VERY nice mod, thanks for all your hard work :) I know you didn't have to do this, and it goes beyond what I expected.  Very nice job.

pixidustedu

I am having trouble with images not showing.

I recently moved servers, and transferred all the files and databases as they were. I changed the settings in the gallery config to point to the directory...where could I have gone wrong?

Solved: I had the code
http://www.prestigeguild.net/forums/gallery

which was missing the last slash at the end.

http://www.prestigeguild.net/forums/gallery/

vbgamer45

Released an update 1.7.2

Fixes some reordering categories bugs.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Released an update to the Gallery 1.7.3

Fixed category reordering
Added SMF Shop settings to add points if a user uploads a picture or posts a comment (Only if SMF Shop is installed)
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

webmistress

http://coloreddiamond.info/index.php?action=gallery

I started my gallery. I could not find it at first since it did not make a button. When perusing through here I saw someone else's address and copied it with my domain name and there it was in all its glory.

http://yoursite/index.php?action=gallery

vbgamer- Way cool mod. We might have to go pro. I really like your mods. The You Tube has been awesome.

bbulldog

Found an error while editing a picture. this comes up in the error log.

Quotehttp://www.homepage.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=edit;id=3 
8: Undefined index: gallery_text_oldpicture
File: /homepages/*****/forum/Themes/default/languages/Gallery.english.php (eval?)
Line: 621

In the Gallery.english.php there is no $txt['gallery_text_oldpicture'] but in the gallery.template on line 621 there is, what should this value be in the language file?

vbgamer45

$txt['gallery_text_oldpicture'] = 'Old Picture';

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Juris

can u please help me.

i tried everything.. install and uninstall and install again the gallery

i download the package and it doing ok... but when i upload a sample picture, i just saw X . it does not show the picture.

please help me. thanks!

TrueSatan

Check to see that GD is enabled on your php configuration...you may need to contact your host if it isn't.

Juris

Quote from: TrueSatan on June 13, 2007, 12:35:58 AM
Check to see that GD is enabled on your php configuration...you may need to contact your host if it isn't.

what is GD? sorry but im not that good. im just new and trying to have a website. where can i find the php configuration?

thanks

TrueSatan

GD is a php image function needed for this (and other) mods to work...if you read through the rest of this topic you will find it discussed further. If you are on shared hosting you may not be able to alter your php configuration and thus, as I noted before, have to contact your host about enabling it.

The following link gives you details of how to find out about your server's php configuration using phpinfo:

http://uk.php.net/phpinfo

The link even gives the details of a file you can create and browse to in order to load phpinfo.

Please note...reading the topic in full before asking questions will, often, get you the answers you need.

K4EEO

A great mod for sure, but I've ran into a problem.. not with the mod, but with my hosting storage limits..

Is there a way to have the mod upload and display from an external source?

Not from one of those photobucket types of sites, but from one of my other hosting accounts..

I'm running low on storage on one site, and have a few gigs to spare on another..

vbgamer45

Quote from: Studio1031 on June 13, 2007, 10:34:02 AM
A great mod for sure, but I've ran into a problem.. not with the mod, but with my hosting storage limits..

Is there a way to have the mod upload and display from an external source?

Not from one of those photobucket types of sites, but from one of my other hosting accounts..

I'm running low on storage on one site, and have a few gigs to spare on another..

Not currently cause it needs access to the files to create the thumbnails

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bbulldog

surely in the Gallery settings the gallery path & gallery url can be changed to an external site?
Ok all files then need to be on this site as you cant split them.

Advertisement: