News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notting

Thanks TrueSatan,

I have another problem which I should deal with first.

I want to upgrade to the latest version. As I understand it, I need to uninstall the old version first. Unfortunately I deleted the package 1.6.7 and now I cannot install it - it returns the error - "Cannot find package".

I need to get hold of the package 1.6.7 and upload it before I can uninstall it

Whoops! Where can I get hold of the old package?

Notting

TrueSatan

I don't have a copy of the old package so I can't help with that...N.B don't delete packages relating to mods you have installed.

I don't think that the database has changed for this mod though so you might be able to get around it by not uninstalling but manually upgrading the files and the edits the package makes then editing installed.list in the Packages directory to make the new version show in the package manager installed packages list and uploading the current package to the Packages directory (via ftp) so that you would be able to uninstall it at a later date should you no longer want it or need to upgrade to a newer version.

Prior to trying any of the above (and, as directed by SMF, before installing any mod or theme) backup both your database and all your files so that you would be able to return to the current state should you need to do so.

kyyote

Quote from: TrueSatan on June 22, 2007, 09:31:32 AM
@ kyyote

This topic relates to the SMF Gallery Mod not to a bridge to Coppermine Gallery which is an entirely different and completely unrelated thing. For help relating to Coppermine Gallery you might be best asking on their own forums.

I am asking a question about SMF Gallery Mod.  I have added this mod to my smf forum.  However, I also have a coppermine gallery bridged to my forum.  The coppermine gallery is in my kyyotesden.com/gallery/ (path?, directory?) file.

When I upload files into my SMF Gallery Mod it puts them into the same kyyotesden.com/gallery/.. file.  But, when I go to the SMF Gallery, it shows them as being there, but there are little red x's where the thumbnails would be, and when I click on the red x thumbnail it goes to the full size to display the image, but it just has the red x in the uper left corner where the image would be.  Is there any way to fix this? 

vbgamer45

Would need to see a link to the forum and do you have GD installed?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

kyyote

This is my test forum.. There are some differences, but because this one has the thumbnails, I assume that I must have GD.
http://kyyotesden.com/Mine/index.php?action=gallery;cat=1

This is my real site
http://kyyotesden.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=1

Thanks for the response.

vbgamer45

Yeah if you thumbnails on one and not the other. Probably is a path issue. Make sure the paths are correct for images under settings.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kyyote

Everything is working fine.  I finally had both site configurations open and realized that the gallery url was wrong.  Sorry for bugging you, but that is what caused me to look in the right place, so you did solve the problem.
btw, I am very glad I am going to be able to use the Gallery.  Thank you for making it available to us all.
kyyote

a2h

trying to install gallery 1.7.5.1 onto smf 1.1.3 & TP 9.83

i keep getting this test failure when applying...

Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test failed

only other mod installed at moment is arcade 2.0.9

TrueSatan

@ a2h

The arcade mod edits Modifications.english.php and thus the file isn't in an unedited condition when the Gallery also tries to edit it...thus the Gallery reports a fail. You can go ahead and install the mod via the package manager then edit the Modifications .english.php manually to add the necessary code.

Add (as shown in the package)

//Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings
$txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Gallery For SMF';
$txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Gallery';
$txt['smfgallery_version'] = '1.0 Lite';
$txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Gallery Configuration';

//Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'View SMF Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Gallery';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Add Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Edit own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Delete own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Leave Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Allows the user to report pictures and comments.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Pictures';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Pictures do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Manage Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Pictures, Approve Pictures';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage gallery.';

//END SMF Gallery Text Strings

Add it before:

?>

...which should be at the very end of the file on a line of its own.

Marcus Orentius

Sorry if this has already been asked, but when I exit the gallery, I don't see any way to get back into it. All I see is a gap between the four links in the configuration menu in the Admin CP. Any help? I'm on SMF 1.1.2.

vbgamer45

Copy the text to every themes/default/languages/modifications.language.php file

//Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings
$txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Gallery For SMF';
$txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Gallery';
$txt['smfgallery_version'] = '1.0 Lite';
$txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Gallery Configuration';

//Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'View SMF Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Gallery';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Add Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Edit own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Delete own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Leave Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Allows the user to report pictures and comments.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Pictures';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Pictures do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Manage Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Pictures, Approve Pictures';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage gallery.';

//END SMF Gallery Text Strings

Repeat the same for all custom themes as well

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Marcus Orentius

No Crashes, but no visible effect either. I added a modifications.english.php file to the languages folder of my arcane magic theme folder, but no effect. :(

TrueSatan

@ Marcus Orentius

Does the mod work properly in the SMF default theme? At least let's see if we can narrow this down to a problem with some custom theme.

Marcus Orentius

vbgamer45

Version 1.7.6 Released
Added image linking codes.
Includes BBC Code, Direct Link, and Html link codes

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

- danny

I tried to reinstall it and got this:

Quote1.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php     Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
7.    Extract File    ./Sources/Gallery.php    
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Gallery.template.php    
9.    Extract Tree    ./gallery    
10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Gallery.english.php    
11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Gallery.english-utf8.php    
12.    Execute Code    galleryinstall.php

I'm on the default theme, with current SMF version. Any clues?

TrueSatan

Yes...it's an extremely common error reported (in various forms) on the forums here thousands (no exaggeration) of times. All it means is that another mod you have already installed has altered the files that show as failed and thus that you need to do a manual installation of the mod. You might first check that in /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

?>

...appears only once and at the end of the file on a line of its own and if it doesn't edit the file so that it does and then try the automatic installation again but otherwise please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

a2h

i updated my SMF language files, and it all installed without any errors...thanks everyone for the help ;D

farknduckRC

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to resize the Gallery thumbnails? I have SMF Gallery Lite.. I'd like them to be a little larger so they look better in the random gallery image boxes..

I'm assuming this setting is going to be in the Gallery.template.php file, if someone could give me an approximate idea of which line to look for, that would be great! (since it's a mile long..)

Thanks

vbgamer45

Its in Sources/Gallery.php look at AddPicture2 function and EditPicture2

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: