News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tumbleweed

Hi,

I had uninstalled the gallery. Yet know when anyone looks at anything i get error's thrown up in the forum error's section. the error's alaways sart with:

Undefined index: allow_smfgallery_view

Just trying to find out what is left so i can get the dang errors to stop.

tumble
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

tumbleweed

Quote from: tumbleweed on July 10, 2007, 01:22:22 AM
Hi,

I had uninstalled the gallery. Yet know when anyone looks at anything i get error's thrown up in the forum error's section. the error's alaways sart with:

Undefined index: allow_smfgallery_view

Just trying to find out what is left so i can get the dang errors to stop.

tumble

Thi sissue has been fixed. It seems that for some reason the "Tab" button code was left on the index.template.php file once removed the forums show no error.

tumble
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

Sonicboom

Quote from: TrueSatan on July 09, 2007, 09:59:23 PM
I've fixed your files as promised...sorry for the delay.

As regards use of the Package Parser had you set it to show All Edits not just the theme ones it would have spat out the language directory ones as well. I'll have a word with Daniel15 as he might be able to alter the code a little so that language directory ones are included in the theme request. The language directory is part of the theme you see.

Your editing of index.template.php lacked some spacing as you'll be able to tell from my fixed version...it's not a big problem but it does help with any future work that might be needed on the file as readability is improved by it.

I hope these work for you.

Well that almost did it. I still don't have a link to the gallery from the forum pages. However, I do have a link in the admin page to the gallery configuration (which I didn't have before). So there was some progress. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. If you have any more suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!
Sonicboom

Dejv

Hi,

can anyone please tell me if it is possible to set from where the pictures are loaded?
I run one forum for two websites and would like to use one gallery for both of them. Can they be loaded from one directory for multiple websites?

Thanks

David
SMF 1.1.20

TrueSatan

@ Sonicboom

The index.template.php file is the one that gives the link you are seeking so as I know the file I fixed for you has the code properly put into it might I ask if it was the one for your custom theme? If it was then would you please do a hard refresh of your browser clearing out the cache (you might try a reboot if that isn't easy for you.) The link should be there if the file I fixed for you is in your custom theme...if you still have problems please may I have a link to your forum (PM me with it if you don't want to post it publicly.) A test account would help too if you would set one up for me.

@ Dejv

vbgamer45 might have some ideas to help you as he's the mod developer but as far as I know you won't be able to do what you want as the images uploaded via one forum won't show up in the other even if you make them share the same directory.

Dejv

SMF 1.1.20

Late_Tuning

About the installation...I copy all files and folders in .rar to my forum folder and thats it??

TrueSatan

@ Late_Tuning

No! You have to install this mod as you do any mod. You can either do so using the package installer in your forum or via a manual installation.

Late_Tuning

Quote from: TrueSatan on July 11, 2007, 04:07:46 PM
@ Late_Tuning

No! You have to install this mod as you do any mod. You can either do so using the package installer in your forum or via a manual installation.
Ok. I done that and then installer say check that CHMOD is 777. Which files/folders in my forums should be "777" to get this thing work?

TrueSatan

@ Late_Tuning

The Package Manager in your forum offers you a system that will set the forum up for installation of any mod then let you alter the CHMOD settings after the installation of the mod.

ACP>Packages>Options

Set the "Installation Options" appropriate to your forum; set "Cleanup Permissions" so that "all files are writeable" then check, via ftp, that the CHMOD of all the files of your forum have been set to either 777 or 775 (depending on server configuration)...this will prove that you have entered the right settings and that the system has worked properly...if it has then install the mod. You can then use the same system to make less files writeable if you so wish.

naxstorm

I'm really sorry if this question has already been asked/answered, but my Search-Fu is weak and I haven't noticed anything while digging through the page replies. ;)

I was just curious if it's possible to place a few of the thumbnail images or some part of the Gallery on, say, the index page of a website. Like how you can with news, topics, etc. If so, does anyone know where this SMF noob could find that info, or a tutorial? Thanks much. Awesome mod, by the way. =)

wjhdiz

It seems that SMF Gallery can be used in English only. My forum character set is set to UTF-8 and it has no problems taking international characters. However, I tried to type some Chinese words for category name in Gallery and it all messed up.

Please help.
Thank you.
Jimmy
Freedom of speech? It is freer if not speaking out.
Believing in God? Yes, talk with God every day through God creations.
Coding is poem and a way of keeping away from the troubled world.

TrueSatan

Many, if not most, mods only contain code for english use...to make them work in other languages one must take Modifications.english.php in the languages directory of the default theme and use it as a basis to make a Modifications.<new language>.php and place it in the same directory as the original file.

KnightRobby

Hi, I just installed the gallery and it is wonderful, btw!  Thanks a lot for creating such an awesome mod/extension.  However, I have a bit of a problem.

I am not wanting four columns on this page:
http://www.webquad.com/site/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,44/action,gallery/cat,2

Is it possible to have only three columns?  Can you give me the code and show me how this might be done, which file to access, and which code to change appropriately?

Thanks again and sorry for being such a pain :P

Robby :)
WebQuad Gaming Community
Sections: Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, and Our Awesome Gaming Community Forums.

KnightRobby

NOTE: Problem solved.  Your reply is not needed.  I found the code!:)

Thanks,
Robby
WebQuad Gaming Community
Sections: Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, and Our Awesome Gaming Community Forums.

wjhdiz

I am not so sure about this. Actually, I just decided to go back and use CPG. This thing just compromized too much.

Thanks.
Jimmy

Quote from: TrueSatan on July 12, 2007, 10:03:51 AM
Many, if not most, mods only contain code for english use...to make them work in other languages one must take Modifications.english.php in the languages directory of the default theme and use it as a basis to make a Modifications.<new language>.php and place it in the same directory as the original file.
Freedom of speech? It is freer if not speaking out.
Believing in God? Yes, talk with God every day through God creations.
Coding is poem and a way of keeping away from the troubled world.

CraftyLion

I've got something weird going on here. I've just installed the gallery and it uploads fine. The only problem now is that every time I go to the admin CP and click on the gallery configuration, I get sent straight back to my board. Someone help?

TrueSatan

@ Kimba

Please check the following...in Server Settings ensure that your forum is set to english and not english utf8 (the gallery should work with english utf8 but let's play safe), make sure you are using the SMF default theme. If these are OK then I would suspect that not all the file edits the mod needs to make were made by the Package manager...please follow the install.xml file in the package and check that they were made editing as appropriate if they were not made. Check that the files from the package were uploaded in their correct places...see the package-info.xml file for details of that.

†MavN†

Some words not in the lang files

<td><input type="checkbox" name="allowcomments" ' . ($context['gallery_pic']['allowcomments'] ? 'checked="checked"' : '' ) . ' /><b>Allow comments to be posted on this picture.</b>

vbgamer45

Quote from: †MavN† on July 14, 2007, 10:04:11 AM
Some words not in the lang files

<td><input type="checkbox" name="allowcomments" ' . ($context['gallery_pic']['allowcomments'] ? 'checked="checked"' : '' ) . ' /><b>Allow comments to be posted on this picture.</b>

Nice catch. Here is a hotfix
Open Gallery.template.php
Find

<b>Allow comments to be posted on this picture.</b>

Replace with

<b>',$txt['gallery_form_allowcomments'],'</b>
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: