News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

†MavN†

I am find another word :)

' . $txt['gallery_set_filesize'] . '<input type="text" name="gallery_max_filesize" value="' .  $modSettings['gallery_max_filesize'] . '" /> (bytes)<br />

†MavN†

Russian Translation for this mod UTF8  win1251

myoung

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the needed changes to add Gallery to the Dilber MC theme?.... install went fine.. have treid editing the template code, but can't seem to find all the code that will place a link to gallery in the main forums links on top of the page... trying to place it between messages & calendar ....thanks

farknduckRC

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 04, 2007, 07:53:47 AM
Quote from: farknduckRC on July 04, 2007, 06:38:23 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to resize the Gallery thumbnails? I have SMF Gallery Lite.. I'd like them to be a little larger so they look better in the random gallery image boxes..

I'm assuming this setting is going to be in the Gallery.template.php file, if someone could give me an approximate idea of which line to look for, that would be great! (since it's a mile long..)

Thanks

Its in Sources/Gallery.php look at AddPicture2 function and EditPicture2

Thanks for the help...

I went in and found the size info, and changed all the values to what I wanted (from 120x78 to 145x95) - but all the thumbnails are still the same size as before, nothing changed  ::)  Was there something else I needed to edit?

vbgamer45

Quote from: farknduckRC on July 18, 2007, 07:58:30 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 04, 2007, 07:53:47 AM
Quote from: farknduckRC on July 04, 2007, 06:38:23 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to resize the Gallery thumbnails? I have SMF Gallery Lite.. I'd like them to be a little larger so they look better in the random gallery image boxes..

I'm assuming this setting is going to be in the Gallery.template.php file, if someone could give me an approximate idea of which line to look for, that would be great! (since it's a mile long..)

Thanks

Its in Sources/Gallery.php look at AddPicture2 function and EditPicture2

Thanks for the help...

I went in and found the size info, and changed all the values to what I wanted (from 120x78 to 145x95) - but all the thumbnails are still the same size as before, nothing changed  ::)  Was there something else I needed to edit?
That's correct each image will need to be uploaded for the changes to take in affect.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

dede

I don't know what I have set incorrectly, but I can access, upload etc no problem as administrator.

As soon as I log in as an ordinary member, instead of the gallery, all I get is:

An Error Has Occurred!

If I go to permissions and give regular members admin permissions they can log in too.  Anyone got any idea what I've done or got wrong?

ApplianceJunk

Forum version: SMF 1.1.3

When I ftp my forum files back to my computer to save as a backup my SMF Gallery images look ok, but all the smaller thumbnail photos look scrambled.

When I try and open one of the scrambled looking files to view it I get this message.

This is not a valid JPEG-JFIF file.

I am using FireFTP and have Download/Uploads>Options set to Binary Mode. I tried Automatic Mode first and the same thing happened.

What am I doing wrong?

Mod I have installed.

1. SMF 1.1.2 Update Package 1.1.2&nbsp; &nbsp;
2. SMF 1.0.11 / 1.1.3 Update 1.1&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
3. SMF Gallery Lite 1.7.6&nbsp; &nbsp;
4. Ad Managment 2.3&nbsp; &nbsp;
5. Streaming 3 4.2.2b&nbsp; &nbsp;

I tried a couple other ftp programs and they all do the same thing with the smaller thumbnail images.

I also tried a number of different setting on the ftp programs and I still can not download the smaller thumbnail images without them being messed up.

Not sure what to even try anymore.
I am out of idea's at this time.

I did also post this in another post with no replies, so I thought maybe I posted it in the wrong section.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=183090.0

Sorry for any double posting.

Just looking to get some help on this one.

Thanks..

TrueSatan

Quote from: dede on July 19, 2007, 06:32:56 PM
I don't know what I have set incorrectly, but I can access, upload etc no problem as administrator.

As soon as I log in as an ordinary member, instead of the gallery, all I get is:

An Error Has Occurred!

If I go to permissions and give regular members admin permissions they can log in too.  Anyone got any idea what I've done or got wrong?

Go to permissions and edit each groups permissions to allow their use of the Gallery.

TrueSatan

@ Appliance Junk

SMF Gallery creates thumbnail images "on the fly" (meaning as and when they are required to be displayed) using a very fast system that your host has added to your PHP installation...it's called GD.

The thumbnail files made by GD tend to have incorrectly attributed file extensions but are really.png files...try making a copy of one on your local machine and altering the file extension to .png and it may work better with the image viewer you are using.

You may need to get a viewer that can properly render .png files (google for irfan view.)

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: TrueSatan on July 19, 2007, 09:33:43 PM
@ Appliance Junk

SMF Gallery creates thumbnail images "on the fly" (meaning as and when they are required to be displayed) using a very fast system that your host has added to your PHP installation...it's called GD.

The thumbnail files made by GD tend to have incorrectly attributed file extensions but are really.png files...try making a copy of one on your local machine and altering the file extension to .png and it may work better with the image viewer you are using.

You may need to get a viewer that can properly render .png files (google for irfan view.)

Yeah, .png...
I do not really need to view them. I just want to make sure I am saving my images right it I want to use them for a backup.

If the thumbnail images are created "on the fly" then I really don't even need to save the thumbnail images for backups, correct?

If I ever need to restore my SMF gallery photos from my backup I can just download all the .jpg images and new thumbnails will be created?

Would there be any reason to save the thumbnail images with my other backup files?

Thanks..

ApplianceJunk

QuoteYou may need to get a viewer that can properly render .png files (google for irfan view.)

I was trying to view the thumbnail files in paint shop pro XI and could not.
I can use my firefox browser to view them just fine. :)

Now I have a much better understanding of what is going on.
If I were to restore or create a new smf gallery with the files I backed up that had the images and thumbnails what would happen?

Would second thumbnail images be created or would the gallery just use the ones I had already saved for the images?

Thanks a million!

dede

Already tried this but as I've not seen this mod before, I didn't know if it added gallery to permissions or not - if it is supposed to, it hasn't on mine - there are no more or no less permissions than there were before so I can't allow or disallow members to use it.

Quote from: TrueSatan on July 19, 2007, 09:15:19 PM
Quote from: dede on July 19, 2007, 06:32:56 PM

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;An Error Has Occurred!

If I go to permissions and give regular members admin permissions they can log in too.&nbsp; Anyone got any idea what I've done or got wrong?

Go to permissions and edit each groups permissions to allow their use of the Gallery.

dede

QuoteI don't know what I have set incorrectly, but I can access, upload etc no problem as administrator.

An Error Has Occurred!

I've checked carefully.
I've downloaded another copy and re-installed.
I do not have any permissions for gallery users anywhere.

What I do have under "General Permissions - Regular Members" at the right below personal messaging is a column of 8 tick boxes without names Is this something to do with the gallery? And if so, where are the labels?

TrueSatan

@ ApplianceJunk

You will still need to backup those images...the system will still need them as it will assume they were created and not make afresh. You can prove this by going, via ftp, to your Gallery directory, rename a thumbnail (change, for instance, .jpg to .jpgold so it is easy and obvious to find and reverse the change later) and you'll see that when you come to view the Gallery selection screen the thumbnail image you altered won't be shown.

The restoration/creation is a bit more complicated. If you made a new Gallery on a new forum with a new database and just put the images and thumbnails in the Gallery directory there they wouldn't be accessed at all...you see the details of them wouldn't be in the new database. You'd need to add each image via the normal method so as to register them in the database and have them assigned to a particular member etc...and thumbnails would be made at that point.

If you were to restore the database and files together so that database records and files were in sync then you'd be OK.

I hope that helps.

@ Dede

Your problems make me suspect that you may have the wrong setting in ACP>Server Settings>

Please make sure that your forum language is set to english and not english utf8...that change could well be all you need to make the lost items appear.

If that doesn't fix it then you may have to go through the files this mod edits and manually check that the edits have been made properly fixing as you go any that are missing or duplicated.

Before you added the mod I would hope that you went to ACP>Packages>Options and set the Installation Options appropriate to your hosting then used the Cleanup permissions to "Make all files writeable" and checked, via ftp, that they were then set to either CHMOD 775 or 777 (depending on hosting it could be either) post installing you could, if you wish, change to settings to a "tighter" level...you should make all files writeable prior to installing or uninstalling any mod or theme.

I would also hope that you didn't ignore any fail reports from the Package Manager and that you are referring to the SMF Default theme rather than any other theme (any other theme would be a custom theme and need manual installation of the mod into it.)

ApplianceJunk

QuoteIf you were to restore the database and files together so that database records and files were in sync then you'd be OK.

I hope that helps.

Very helpful,
thanks again..

TrueSatan

dede

QuoteYour problems make me suspect that you may have the wrong setting in ACP>Server Settings>

Please make sure that your forum language is set to english and not english utf8...that change could well be all you need to make the lost items appear.

TrueSatan:

Absolutely right! Thanks for the help - all working correctly now.

TrueSatan

Once more my pleasure!

MYBESTHOMESnet

Hi all,

Could someone point me where to modify and manually install this mod using techHead theme?

thanks in advance

vbgamer45

Upload the mod to this package parser
http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Gives you the generally idea what files to edit for the themes.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: