News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GazG

Hi all,
New to SMF and the Gallery, so be gentle.
Got a slight problem and hope you can point me in the right direction.
Gallery was running fine. Here goes.....
In SMF, when people upload their own avatars, it wasn't automatically resizing them - apparantly because the PHP GD library wasn't installed, ok so I enabled the GD library, but this has had the knock-on effect now that the gallery doesnot display the thumbnail images in the categories (in IE) and doesn't display any placeholder at all in Firefox - if you click the placeholder in IE the pictures display fine. Any ideas what the problem might - I was using 1.7.6 have upgraded to 1.8 and still the same problem. Using SMF 1.1.3 too.
Any help appreciated - I understand this may not be the correct place to ask but it affects the Gallery directly so I thought I'd start here.
Cheers

PS I just tried adding a new picture to the gallery and that's fine - link problems?

Ken.

Quote from: npereira on August 22, 2007, 07:05:59 PM
I have this mod and when I click on gallery management link in the admin panel, I get "Not implemented ". Yet the mod is installed and there are pictures in the sections.

How can I fix this?

Also, in TP, the mode in the theme is also enabled.

When you look at the 'Gallery Admin' in the TinyPortal control panel you are not seeing a control for this SMF Gallery mod.
It is instead a feature of TinyPortal that has not yet been implemented but will be at some future date and it has no current relationship to the SMF Gallery mod at all.
You should just set it to Off
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

npereira

ok, but how do i manage the gallery ?

Ken.

For the SMF Gallery your controls are under the Admin>Configuration>Gallery Configuration menu.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

drumsage

Quote from: GazG on August 23, 2007, 07:18:14 AM
I enabled the GD library, but this has had the knock-on effect now that the gallery doesnot display the thumbnail images in the categories (in IE) and doesn't display any placeholder at all in Firefox - if you click the placeholder in IE the pictures display fine. Any ideas what the problem might - I was using 1.7.6 have upgraded to 1.8 and still the same problem.

I've got a similar issue. The gallery WAS resizing the photos and making thumbnails, but I needed to have GD running on my server for another program, and it wasn't installed. I've added php_GD successfully, but now the thumbnails and images no longer show up in the Gallery.

I went ahead and upgraded to Gallery 1.8 as well, but that obviously didn't fix anything. I'm assuming that Gallery was using Image Magik since I didn't have GD installed, but now that GD is running ... well, something is a mess.

New images being added to the Gallery seem to be fine, but not the old images or thumbnails. Does this mean the older images will have to be reinstalled?

Any suggestions?
SMF 1.1.10 |  Joomla 1.5.14

Sulgicur

Hello chaps. I tried to install this for 1.1.3 but got an error in /Themes/default/index.template.php

Can you help me? I'd really like to have this mod.

Cheers

vbgamer45

Quote from: Sulgicur on August 27, 2007, 08:17:24 PM
Hello chaps. I tried to install this for 1.1.3 but got an error in /Themes/default/index.template.php

Can you help me? I'd really like to have this mod.

Cheers
Install the mod then manually add the menu link to the template file.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

FreeSporePrints

Hello,
why if i uninstall the mod, i have into the "Permissions" the options of SMF Gallery? How can i remove them?

Really thank you,
F.

TrueSatan

It would appear that you haven't completely uninstalled the mod...reverse the process of a manual installation and remove all edits the mod makes and your problem should disappear.

FreeSporePrints

Quote from: TrueSatan on August 30, 2007, 04:54:42 PM
It would appear that you haven't completely uninstalled the mod...reverse the process of a manual installation and remove all edits the mod makes and your problem should disappear.

Argh!!

I'm completly not able to do that. There's a tutorial to learn it?

Thanks,
F.

TrueSatan

You will have to look at the official documentation regarding manual installation and reverse the process therein described:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

vehla_jatt_4_u

i have successfully installed this packag on smf 1.1.3,but button gallery is hidden,i m using other thememnot smf default,help me

TrueSatan

Please use the links I provided in my previous post (reply 911) to perform a manual installation into your custom theme.

Jori

I have installed the gallery but i can't see it or acces it via the menubar. I'm using the dilber mc theme. Can anyone help me!!?

AON21

When I install Gallery I get this message:
1.Execute Modification./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.phpTest failed

when I followed the links above, I found that there was no "<operation>" tag in this php file

Do I need to grab another copy of this php file?

Cheers

TrueSatan

The <operation> tag is part of the .xml file that tells the package manager how to work...it is not, and should not be, part of the php file being edited.

The Modifications.english.php is particularly easy to edit and if you use the mod parser (last of the links above) it will show you exactly what to do.

AON21

Thanks for the reply TrueSatan

Just so no one else makes the same mistake, you might be able to clear some things up for me - this came from the links above:
Quote1. Open the .xml file with any text editor and search for <file name="...">. You will find the filename in the "name" attribute.
So far so good - Found that to be <file name="$languagedir/Modifications.english.php">

I then went to the next step:
Quote2. Open up the specified file and look for a set of <operation>...</operation> tags. This indicates a single modification step within the specified file.
But there is no "<operation>" tag in the file above

Then to follow your advice, I went to this link as you suggested:
http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ [nofollow]
which is deader than a doorknob  :-[

What did I miss?

TrueSatan

The part of the .xml file in question that refers to the file you need to edit is this:

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[
?>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
//Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings
$txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Gallery For SMF';
$txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Gallery';
$txt['smfgallery_version'] = '1.0 Lite';
$txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Gallery Configuration';

//Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'View SMF Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Gallery';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Add Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Edit own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Delete own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Leave Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Allows the user to report pictures and comments.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Pictures';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Pictures do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Manage Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Pictures, Approve Pictures';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage gallery.';

//END SMF Gallery Text Strings
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

The operation tag is in the second line of the above code.

The operation is to search for:

?>

and to put:

//Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings
$txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Gallery For SMF';
$txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Gallery';
$txt['smfgallery_version'] = '1.0 Lite';
$txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Gallery Configuration';

//Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'View SMF Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Gallery';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Add Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Edit own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Delete own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Leave Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Allows the user to report pictures and comments.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Pictures';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Pictures do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Manage Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Pictures, Approve Pictures';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage gallery.';

//END SMF Gallery Text Strings

...prior to it. Make sure that you preserve the whitespace in the above code.

The above edit is made to your Modifications.english.php file.

Daniel15 provides the SMF Package Parser and hosts it himself...he does so as a service to the community but there are times when his host is down.

cru

hi, even if i set the permission for guests to NOT be able to post a picture, i have 1 guest who successfully posted one photo, and i accidentally approved it, and the problem is, i can't delete it.

im logged in as admin, and in the gallery, when i click delete, the warning comes out "Warning this will delete your picture and you can not restore it." and when i continue, by clicking on the delete button, it says " No picture selected" I would like to delete it directly from my file folder, but it may show up as a blank space in my gallery.

smf 1.1.3 default theme

Advertisement: