News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASi ve MAVi

AON21

Quote from: TrueSatan on September 04, 2007, 08:17:53 AM
The part of the .xml file in question that refers to the file you need to edit is this:
code went here....
The operation tag is in the second line of the above code.

The operation is to search for:

?>

Gotcha thanks

Quote from: TrueSatan on September 04, 2007, 08:17:53 AM
and to put:
code...
...prior to it. Make sure that you preserve the whitespace in the above code.

The above edit is made to your Modifications.english.php file.
OK I will copy exactly and back up the originals - thanks for this TrueSatan

Quote from: TrueSatan on September 04, 2007, 08:17:53 AMDaniel15 provides the SMF Package Parser and hosts it himself...he does so as a service to the community but there are times when his host is down.
Thanks for the history on Daniel15's generous donation to 'the cause' - Nice to know this is a giving community :)
If I ever need to pass that link on, I'll remember to add the disclaimer that it's down a fair bit so no one else is scratching their head like I was ;)

Fingers crossed - I'll try this out now

edit - it worked - I have all the Admin links now :)
I don't have the regular (front end) navigation links but I think I saw that covered in a previous post for customizing for themes :)

Thanks TrueSatan :)

TrueSatan

Klabautermann

I have applied the mod, but after the installation when he wants to redirect my I get this error message:

Unable to load the 'main' template.

And even when I hit the link to the gallery I get this error.

What can I do to resolve this?

Dragooon

Make sure Galllery.template.php is there in /Themes/default/ Folder.

Klabautermann

Gallery.template.php is in the default folder. Also extracted the mod and put the gallery.template.php from th ezip file to the server.

TrueSatan

Follow the normal process of a manual installation and check that all edits the mod makes are in place and all files uploaded...the following links may help explain the process:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

cru

Quotehi, even if i set the permission for guests to NOT be able to post a picture, i have 1 guest who successfully posted one photo, and i accidentally approved it, and the problem is, i can't delete it.

im logged in as admin, and in the gallery, when i click delete, the warning comes out "Warning this will delete your picture and you can not restore it." and when i continue, by clicking on the delete button, it says " No picture selected" I would like to delete it directly from my file folder, but it may show up as a blank space in my gallery.

smf 1.1.3 default theme
]

anybody? please.. now what i did was unapprove the picture. still i cannot delete it from the gallery approval list. i see its not in the root folder though.

cru

hi, why do i get this error?

Warning Gallery path is not writable! /home/public_html/gallery/

I have used the gallery for the past month and i get this error just now...
i have set permissions to 775

Dragooon

cru

thanks! its working now!

Dragooon

Glad you got it working. :D

Klabautermann

Can't animated it to work. Can someone please help me?

TrueSatan

Unless you can give us specific details it is difficult to be of help to you.

vbgamer45

Animated gifs will not work for thumbnails since they are resized but for the main picture view they should work fine.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Klabautermann

Quote from: TrueSatan on September 12, 2007, 04:06:26 AM
Unless you can give us specific details it is difficult to be of help to you.

I have applied the mod, but after the installation when he wants to redirect my I get this error message:

Unable to load the 'main' template.

And even when I hit the link to the gallery I get this error.

What can I do to resolve this?

Allready tried the manuell installation

Are there more informations you need?

TrueSatan

@ Klabautermann

Please do the following and see if it resolves the problem. Go to ACP>Packages>Options set the "Installation Options" according to the specifics of your hosting and then on the same page set "Cleanup Permissions" to "All files writeable" Having done this check, via ftp, to see that your forum files are set to CHMOD777 and if they are not alter your entries in Installation Options then try again...if the settings are right the process should CHMOD your files.

Klabautermann

Hi TrueSatan, yes the prozess set the rights for all files first to 777 and later to 755. That seems to work

TrueSatan

@ Klabautermann

Does the gallery mon work properly for you now? If it is not then I would unpack the mod on your local machine and from it upload the Gallery.template.php file making sure that the new file has CHMOD 777

mzeblu

I see everyone pointing to this thread for support.

I am getting errors after installing SMF Gallery Lite 1.8 and SMF Trader System 1.1 on my SMF 1.1.3 forum.

8: Undefined index: smftrader_admin
File: /home/gchurch/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2836

8: Undefined index: smfgallery_admin
File: /home/gchurch/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2838

Here are lines 2836 & 2838

'trader_settings' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=trader;sa=admin;sesc=' . $sc . '">' . $txt['smftrader_admin'] . '</a>',

'gallery_settings' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=gallery;sa=adminset;sesc=' . $sc . '">' . $txt['smfgallery_admin'] . '</a>',

I would appreciate any help on this.  :P

Advertisement: