News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Copy themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php to every modifications.*.php file
If you using a copy theme do the same
themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
to every modifications.*.php file
themes/customtheme/languages/
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mzeblu

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 15, 2007, 09:05:52 PM
Copy themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php to every modifications.*.php file
If you using a copy theme do the same
themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
to every modifications.*.php file
themes/customtheme/languages/

And this is when I feel really silly... but I dont understand what you are telling me to do.
I located the themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php file, copied it.. languages directory in each custom theme, yet I am still getting this error.  The odd thing was that in the theme Egad's Gold Night 2.2 theme (http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=293) there is no languages directory.

I'm sorry for being such a noob to all this but I am gaining insight with every thread that I read here, someday I'll be able to contribute too....  Thanks.

TrueSatan

For a start make a languages directory in that theme and copy into it... Does the mod work for you in the SMF Default theme...if so any the custom theme in question continues to give problems it would probably be sensible for you to stop using it.

mzeblu

No, this mod is not working in any of the themes and the settings which would appear in the admin panel are not there.  I did make a languages directory, copied the file into it and still.. it did not work.

I do appreciate this help

TrueSatan

Have you gone to ACP>Server Settings and made sure that your forum is set to English and not English utf8?

Please also try going to ACP>Packages>Options>Installation Options and set the fields as appropriate for your hosting then, on the same page go to Cleanup Permissions and set that to All Files Are Writeable...then check, via ftp, that all files are set to CHMOD 777 or 775 if your hosting won't allow 777...if this hasn't happened it will be due to a wrong field in Installation Options so check there again, make sure of the settings and repeat the process...keep fiddling with the settings until you get it right if you don't do so first time.

This should make file permissions such that they won't be preventing the mod from working and the first part should make the ACP options show up.

mzeblu

Quote from: TrueSatan on September 16, 2007, 09:20:21 AM
Have you gone to ACP>Server Settings and made sure that your forum is set to English and not English utf8?

YES YES YES..  I think this did it! :)  so far.. no errors!  I did have it set as English utf8 which must be a default setting or ?? who knows... but so far,, no more errors..   

Thank you for helping this swf noob!  I'm loving this software and it is hands down 1000 times better than phpbb imo.

Thanks again!   :) :) :) :) :)

TrueSatan

It's a pleasure...and knowing phpBB rather well (I have to give support for phpBB arcades on another site) I fully concur with you about it.

English utf8 seems to get set as defult when the forum is installed via Fantastico or other such server software...don't know why...but anyhow I'm glad you got up and running with your forum.

jossanaijr

Does this mod allows edit Categories permissions, ie, have some category for only a membergroup?

gouvernante

Noob question:
If I click on "apply mod" after uploading, "Execute modification" says "test successful", but nothing is indicated for "Extract Tree", "Extract File" and "Execute Code".

What does this mean and what can I do about it?

TrueSatan

@ jossanaijr

The mod offers the following permissions per membergroup, you can choose which of them you want to enable for each membergroup:

View SMF Gallery    
Add Picture    
Edit own Picture    
Delete own Picture    
Leave Comments    
Report Pictures/Comments    
Auto Approve Pictures    
Manage Gallery    

jossanaijr

Quote from: TrueSatan on September 17, 2007, 11:10:38 AM
@ jossanaijr

The mod offers the following permissions per membergroup, you can choose which of them you want to enable for each membergroup:

View SMF Gallery    
Add Picture    
Edit own Picture    
Delete own Picture    
Leave Comments    
Report Pictures/Comments    
Auto Approve Pictures    
Manage Gallery    

Ok, but it is not exactly what I'm asking.
All membergroups can use all those permissions in my gallery's forum.  What I need now is to create a specific category that will be available to only ONE of those all members, remaining the permissions to all others that can see,..,.., all others gallery categories.

TrueSatan

@ gouvernante

In ACP>Packages>Browse Packages does the mod show as being installed? If not please get a fresh version (preferably via a different browser) and install again...if it is shown in that list then try using it...does it work? Remember you have to set permissions etc. The mod will only be installed in your SMF Default theme and your forum language in ACP>Server Settings will need to be set to English and not English utf8

In ACP>Packages>Options>Installation options you should set the fields according to the details of your hosting and on the same page in Cleanup Permissions set to All files are writeable and check via ftp that they are set to either CHMOD 777 or 775 check the Installation Options entries and amend if this has not happened.

Prior to installing or uninstalling any mod or theme you should back up both your files and your database.

TrueSatan

@ jossanaijr

No, that is not available in the "Lite" version of this mod...there is a pay to use "Pro" version that may have that ability available via SMF Hacks website

mzeblu

Quote from: mzeblu on September 16, 2007, 11:01:13 AM
Quote from: TrueSatan on September 16, 2007, 09:20:21 AM

YES YES YES..  I think this did it! :)  so far.. no errors!  I did have it set as English utf8 which must be a default setting or ?? who knows... but so far,, no more errors..   

Thank you for helping this swf noob!  I'm loving this software and it is hands down 1000 times better than phpbb imo.

Thanks again!   :) :) :) :) :)

NO NO NO, I spoke to soon.  How silly am I to test in one theme, fix the issue, and then test  the fix in a different theme! urgg!  I dont know where my head was.  Changing the language did however make some options that were not displaying in my ACP now appear there, but not for my SMF Default-Core theme.

So, bottom line,  I still need help with it.

here is the error again,

8: Undefined index: smftrader_admin
File: /home/gchurch/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2836

8: Undefined index: smfgallery_admin
File: /home/gchurch/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2838

Here are lines 2836 & 2838

'trader_settings' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=trader;sa=admin;sesc=' . $sc . '">' . $txt['smftrader_admin'] . '</a>',

'gallery_settings' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=gallery;sa=adminset;sesc=' . $sc . '">' . $txt['smfgallery_admin'] . '</a>',

****** I am also getting this error a lot too.

8: Undefined index: smftrader_profile
File: /home/gchurch/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php (eval?)
Line: 287

Here are lines 285, 286, 287 & 288

$txt[660] = 'You\'ve got';
$txt[661] = 'Click';
$txt[662] = 'here';
$txt[663] = 'to view them.';

8: Undefined index: fc_chat
File: /home/gchurch/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Who.english-utf8.php (eval?)
Line: 591

THE LAST LINE ON THIS FILE IS LINE 92

8: Undefined index: smfgallery_menu
File: /home/gchurch/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Who.english-utf8.php (eval?)
Line: 605

AGAIN, THE LAST LINE ON THIS FILE IS LINE 92

glennk

Hi I installed the gallery in 1.1.3 and it looks fine but is throwing up a couple of errors as follows

da402573509ffef451f4e591cfc4ba5e
http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/?action=gallery&amp;sa=add2
No uploaded picture found.

and

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/?action=gallery;sa=edit;id=12
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: gallery_text_oldpicture
File: /home/glennk/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Gallery.english.php (edit_picture sub template - eval?)
Line: 629

TrueSatan

@ mzeblu

Hmmm...what a mess! You are reporting what appear to be errors in three different mods...SMF Gallery, SMF Trader and what I think is some chat mod though I don't recognise which one...it also is apparent that english utf8 files are still being called. Please make sure that your forum language really is set to English and not English utf8. In case one or more of your members are selecting English utf8 please go to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Features and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support. The errors concerning Who.english-utf8 should then disappear...they can only be generated if English utf8 is being  used...I suspect that at least one person on your forum is still using English utf8 and this action should stop that from happening.

When you see an error that includes "eval" that tells you that an error has occurred in a different file from the one mentioned in the error and that error has then made the mentioned file fail to work...hence the odd line numbers you often see with it.

Hopefully that should fix most if not all of the problems you have reported.

TrueSatan

@ glennk

Your first error shows that a picture wasn't uploaded properly...perhaps the picture was of an unsupported type or over the maximum limits...unless it persists with images you know should work properly I'd tend to try to identify the actual image(s) in question and se if you can investigate it to spot a reason for it/them not uploading.

I'll offer what I think should fix your second error but you'll need to test it!

In Gallery.english.php go to line 66 and add a new line immediately after it with the following in it:

$txt['gallery_text_oldpicture'] = 'Old Picture';

Fingers crossed...I think it should work and await shooting by vbgamer45 if it doesn't.

John S

I can't uninstall this mod:

i've got installed smf gallery lite 1.7.1 and i get this error:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Please contact the mod author for more information.

how can i uninstall it manually?

TrueSatan

Please go through the following links that detail a manual installation process and give you a human readable version of the .xml file in the package and reverse the process of a manual installation...your lack of an uninstaller is probably due to your having installed the mod prior to upgrading your forum from an earlier SMF version...the uninstaller was likely to have been specific to your old forum version and other older versions but not contain official support for the current version and thus is not shown in the page you viewed.

Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

inferno.xc

the gallery button in the menu on top and in the admin -> Configuration doesn't show up i get the following error logs

File: /home/infernus/public_html/BT3/Forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2762

File: /home/infernus/public_html/BT3/Forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2760

can anyone help me plz

Advertisement: