Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cru

TrueSatan

TheWrath!

I get this error when trying to upload a .jpg file.

An Error Has Occurred!
Not a valid picture file.

why am i getting this?

my gallery directory i can not even upload anything to. I will be calling my hosting company and see what they say. but that error message i wanted to post here and see what you guys said.

TrueSatan

I'd start off by making sure it isn't a file/directory permissions problem:

You need to go to ACP>Packages>Options>Installation Options and set the fields according to your hosting details then on the same page go to Cleanup Permissions and select All files Writeable and run the cleanup...check via ftp that CHMOD of all your files is now 777 or 775 according to the peculiarities of your hosting and if not recheck the settings you made in Installation Options and run the cleanup again...continue as needed until you get the right settings.

Try some different images and see if the error persists...sometimes files that have a .jpg extension aren't really jpg files (just ones that have been renamed with a wrong extension) or the image might be corrupted so that it really doesn't pass muster as a valid image file.

Try to get an image you know to be good and see if the error persists.

topbuyer

I can't browse through all 50pages of this thread.

Can someone provide me the sample URL of smf forum which is working with this module. I would be able to see the live working module.

RustyBarnacle

TheWrath!

topbuyer

you can visit my site as well....www.blueridgefireandrescue.com.  we do not have many photographs up at the moment but it gives you the idea.

texasflats

Take a look at http://texasflats.net/index.php?action=gallery [nofollow]

I plan to upgrade to "pro" in the future, it's a great module.

cru

hi, even if i set the permission for guests to NOT be able to post a picture, i have 1 guest who successfully posted one photo, and i accidentally approved it, and the problem is, i can't delete it.

>> First thing i did was unaprove it. now its in the image approval list.
im logged in as admin, and in the gallery, when i click delete, the warning comes out "
QuoteWarning this will delete your picture and you can not restore it.

Delete Picture

Views:
Filesize: 0kb
Date: January 01, 1970, 08:00:00 AM
Comments ()

>>and when i continue, by clicking on the delete button, it says
Quote" No picture selected"

It's still in the root folder. why is it that 0kb is reflected in its properties in my quote above?

my modsSMF1.1.4DefaultTheme. My mods- TP0.9.8, New Topic Button1.0,
SMF Trader System1.1, Referrals Mod1.4, Ad Managment2.3, SMF Gallery Lite1.8,
YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)1.0, SMF Sitemap 1.2.1

vbgamer45

What version of the gallery?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

cru

lite 1.8 boss. now i deleted it in my root folder. but in my image approval list, its still there.
though there's no image, there's a title and description. don't know how i can remove it from the image approval list.

eveanimevengeance

I need some assistance, where do i go to change the permissions for my gallery for certain group members on my forum i went to gallery and permissions and it leads me to the regular permissions for the forum and not the permissions for the gallery PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

TrueSatan

Your forum and gallery are working as they should...the gallery permissions are in the "regular permissions". Please ensure that you are using the SMF Default theme (you will have to install this mod, like almost all mods, manually into any other theme) and have set your language correctly in case that is why they aren't showing for you.

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

eveanimevengeance

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!

StuR

i have just installed this mod, i can see the setting in admin cp, but cant find any access from the forum.

when i go to the direct link i just get a blank parent directory, how do i fix this??  im using 1.1.2

TrueSatan

Firstly I would strongly advise you to bring your forum up to date (SMF 1.1.4). Please see the reply I gave to eveanimevengean (reply 993) above and follow the same procedure...the setting of your forum language and theme.

vbgamer45

Quote from: StuR on October 19, 2007, 04:32:19 AM
i have just installed this mod, i can see the setting in admin cp, but cant find any access from the forum.

when i go to the direct link i just get a blank parent directory, how do i fix this??  im using 1.1.2
Normally, accessed via http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=gallery
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

coldthunder

i currently have gallery lite 1.7.5.1. Is this one the pro version? i need user gallerys were a user can create a folder and put their pics in their folder.

Do i have to pay for that version to get that? if so where is the link and can i just upgrade to it from my current lite version or how to i converted over to the pro or whatever version supports the user galleries.

thanks

jamesk

Quotecurrently have gallery lite 1.7.5.1. 

That is not the PRO.

The pro version:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-gallery-pro.php

I think you need to uninstall the lite version prior to installing the pro version.  I don't believe there's a straight upgrade, but check the install instructions...

cru

*bump*

Quote from: cru on October 14, 2007, 08:42:48 AM
hi, even if i set the permission for guests to NOT be able to post a picture, i have 1 guest who successfully posted one photo, and i accidentally approved it, and the problem is, i can't delete it.

>> First thing i did was unaprove it. now its in the image approval list.
im logged in as admin, and in the gallery, when i click delete, the warning comes out "
QuoteWarning this will delete your picture and you can not restore it.

Delete Picture

Views:
Filesize: 0kb
Date: January 01, 1970, 08:00:00 AM
Comments ()

>>and when i continue, by clicking on the delete button, it says
Quote" No picture selected"

It's still in the root folder. why is it that 0kb is reflected in its properties in my quote above?

my modsSMF1.1.4DefaultTheme. My mods- TP0.9.8, New Topic Button1.0,
SMF Trader System1.1, Referrals Mod1.4, Ad Managment2.3, SMF Gallery Lite1.8,
YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)1.0, SMF Sitemap 1.2.1

now i deleted the said photo in my root folder. but in my image approval list, its still there.
though there's no image, there's a title and description. don't know how i can remove it from the image approval list.

Advertisement: