News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Not in the lite edition.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shumar

Can I have BBcode for thumbnails, to have something like I have when put picture as attachment??

LinkinParkBoy

This mod have Portuguese translation please?

JenniferW

Upon trying to install I got:

1. Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php     Test failed

What should I do to fix this? I am using SMF v1.1.4

vbgamer45

I would still continue you will need to manuallly make the changes to modifications.english.php
Use this link and upload the package to this page
http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html
To figure out the changes
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

JenniferW

Thanks! This mod is great!

vmpre2

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 10, 2007, 10:41:17 AM
Not in the lite edition.

OK, so where is the full version? :)

Right never mind, found it.

Ol' Wombat

Installed the gallery, no problems, works great, looks great and is a nice touch up! :)

good job!

perpetuallove

ok..... obviously i didnt read all 54 pages of this but i searched and skimmed. I apologize if this is a repeat. I have installed this mod, and i LOVE it! but i cant seem to get it to work with the candy theme, or that dilbur one either. I have tried manual install with no luck. Any other ideas? I really dont like the default theme- as most dont. Its kinda boring - works for guys but ladies arent too much into it, not the ones my forum is directed at anyways considering I am a graphics designer and all of my other pages are crazy with color! lol. Thank you in advance. Let me know if theres anything you need to know in order to assist me further!

TrueSatan

I notice that postings of yours to other mods say you can't get mods to install into your chosen custom themes...I've answered there giving general advice on what to do.

perpetuallove

aw yes truesatan , i figured out this mod due to your post thank you very much!

perpetuallove

ugh! ok looks like i didnt have it completely figured out after all. Seems it wont let me upload. it says invalid file type. So far this seems to be the only thing wrong with it......any suggestions?

TrueSatan

Quoting vbgamer45's initial description of the mod:

QuoteSupports bmp, gif, jpeg, and png images

So...what file type did you try and have fail? Are you certain that the file(s) in question were valid ones...meaning properly coded for the file type that they claim to be...occasionally you may find file on the Internet (and elsewhere) that have a certain file extension but are not valid files of the type the extension suggests they are.

perpetuallove

I thought it would support those files, I tried more than just one file as well, i thought maybe it was something wrong withe the files but i went thru a crap load with again, no avail!  I am not sure what you mean abt being certain they are valid- i have never had a problem before when i upload these same files to hosts that say they only support those same file types......

TrueSatan

Does your host have GD enabled in its PHP installation...that is a requirement for this mod to work? No GD mod no workee.

Sometimes people, for instance, take a .gif file and think they are changing it into a .jpg file by just altering the extension...they are wrong and all they get is an invalid .jpg file...sometimes files are just corrupt...that's what I meant.

perpetuallove

I called and asked my host (yahoo) abt what you mentioned and they guy said it wasnt on the list of supported php functions...... The list is here

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/geocities/php/php-33.html

Is there a way to tell if the file is corrupt? i dont necessarily think that they are because like i said this is the first instance, and actually a friend of mine has a forum- i forgot to mention- that is powered by SMF and i was able to upload a couple of the same files to hers. Of course i didnt try them all because at the time i wasnt testing the files lol.

TrueSatan

Let me cut to the chase a little...you see the image in my signature section under each posting...it is a valid .jpg image so save that to your local machine and try adding it to your forum.

Abandon all themes but the SMF default while you are trying to get any mod to work...get it to work in the default theme and only then consider other themes.

perpetuallove

Ok i tried that- Nope! didnt work. same message that it is an invalid file......? I am undoing what i have done and will be trying again, if it doesnt work i can delete the whole forum and reinstall til i get it right since this is just my test forum.

Ol' Wombat

Admin notification for uploaded images? - would be a great idea in the light version!
Currently I have to check Approve Images every day?

Ol' Wombat

What exactly can I do with Edit-Picture?

I got GD installed and all it does when clicking the Edit-Picture button is it falls back to the gallery - is that normal?

(Latest gallery installed)

Advertisement: