SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perpetuallove

hmmmmm.... I am still getting the "Not a valid picture file." error.  What is this GD ? I have yahoo- how can i "install" this feature that has to be enabled?

vbgamer45

GD is required to make thumbnails and I think to get the picture information.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Ol' Wombat

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 12, 2007, 08:24:51 AM
GD is required to make thumbnails and I think to get the picture information.

I thought (auto) resizing image should work too? currently oversized images are just rejected.

TrueSatan

GD is an addition to PHP that is added (or not) by the server admin as part of the PHP installation that you use. Depending on your hosting you may, or may not, have it and may, or may not, be able to use a custom version of PHP that you self configure...in any event if the PHP version you use does not have GD as part of it then many image functions will be unusable on your forum...actually SMF specify GD as part of the server requirements for an installation for the above reasons.

Ol' Wombat

My webhost confirms GD is installed and enabled - still the gallery's Edit-Picture does nothing else but dropping back to view gallery?

Sounds like something is wrong but where? the gallery or my web host? is there a way to test GD's functionality?

see phpinfo attached

jamesk

I don't believe GD has anything to do with the edit feature.  The edit feature is the same as the add picture function, but just replaces the old picture's edited values (ie Title, Category, Description, Keywords, etc...)

If you click edit, and it drops back to the main gallery menu, then there's probably something wrong with the installation.  Are you getting errors in your forum error log?  I suspect there might be some undefined index errors.

Ol' Wombat

Quote from: jamesk on November 12, 2007, 11:22:29 PM
I don't believe GD has anything to do with the edit feature.  The edit feature is the same as the add picture function, but just replaces the old picture's edited values (ie Title, Category, Description, Keywords, etc...)

OK, that could very well be and it indeed acts like that - however, then "Edit Picture" is somewhat misleading me thinks.

Quote from: jamesk on November 12, 2007, 11:22:29 PM
If you click edit, and it drops back to the main gallery menu, then there's probably something wrong with the installation.  Are you getting errors in your forum error log?  I suspect there might be some undefined index errors.

No error log entries, it just behaves like editing picture's *attached properties* (or replacing the picture). But it's not like editing-the-picture-itself like maybe resizing the image or something. That's my only confusing point and that's why I am asking what's up with Edit-Picture :)

I know GD is pretty powerful and would allow a lot more than editing image's  properties. Somehow, my inkling tells me, it could be a much better Edit-Picture  ;D

vbgamer45

It just redirects to Viewing the Gallery or goes to your my images page?
What version of the gallery are you running?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ol' Wombat

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 16, 2007, 12:50:25 AM
It just redirects to Viewing the Gallery or goes to your my images page?
What version of the gallery are you running?

The Edit-Picture button redirects me to my-images - the gallery is v1811

RogueDOC

Is there a way to display the latest pic from a catagory.

vbgamer45

Quote from: RogueDOC on November 16, 2007, 03:03:35 PM
Is there a way to display the latest pic from a catagory.
You would need to query the database to do that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ol' Wombat

may I request one more thing for the lite gallery? - it would be nice, if there are images for approval, the admin sees a pop-up(?) when he enters the admin panel. This reminder should stay on until images are approved or deleted.

certainly not a hard task  O:)

Sic0

Is it possible for the Gallery mod to make a post when a user uploads a picture?

There is a similar thing in operation with the "Download" mod.

Example:

// Board
$txt['downloads_text_postingoptions'] = 'Posting Options';
$txt['downloads_text_boardname'] = 'Board Name:';
$txt['downloads_postingoptions_info'] = 'Information: If you select a board, on a new download that is approved a post will be created.';
$txt['downloads_posting_showlinktodownload'] = 'Show link to main download page';
$txt['downloads_posting_locktopic'] = 'Lock Topic';

ASF

how can i put ads just above every picture in my smfgallery?, i've editted the gallery.index.php many times and no changes occur...

please help this is important!!

nikiobicata

Problem with instalation :

After i push instal button nothing HAPPEN (page can be found)

Little help please  :-[

TrueSatan

@ nikiobicata

Youappear to be using a custom theme...any theme bar the SMF Default theme is a custom theme...like almost all mods this mod has to be manually edited into any custom theme. Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Additionally the mod, again like almost all mods, will need to be converted to use your, non-English, language...please search the SMF documentation for further details.

nikiobicata

i change to the SMF Default theme and stil have the  same problem  :(

i have problem only with this mod ... others instaled fine

TrueSatan

Try the following please:

The likely reasons are:

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support. Again, if you want to use other than English language you will have to translate the mod files as per the SMF Documentation.

You need to go to ACP>Packages>Options>Installation Options and set the fields according to your hosting details then on the same page go to Cleanup Permissions and select All files Writeable and run the cleanup...check via ftp that CHMOD of all your files is now 777 or 775 according to the peculiarities of your hosting and if not recheck the settings you made in Installation Options and run the cleanup again...continue as needed until you get the right settings.

Bluey

Hi

Just a newbie and I have tried to work out the answer for this from previous post but am having trouble.

I have SMF V1.1.4 installed. Have uploaded and installed Gallery Lite V1.8.1.1 on the default theme. It installed ok and redirected me to the controls but still no meu button. When I leave the control screen I was redirected to I cannot get back. Nthing in admin for gallery

I uninstalled and reinstalled same problem. What have I done wron?

TrueSatan

When you say "installed OK" do you mean no errors/fails were shown by the Package Manager...it any are shown the safest solution is a manual installation. From the rest of your post...no nav bar menu...no admin etc it sounds as though the mod is not fully installed and I'd still like you to check the CHMOD settings and use the Installation Options to get them all right.

You may then need to follow the process of a manual installation and check to see that all edits the mod makes and all files it adds are properly in place...see my post #1096 above for details.

Advertisement: