News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiformeIngegno

I have installed SMF Gallery and imported all pictures and categories from Aeva Media. Can I set up a redirect from the old Aeva URLs to SMF Gallery's?

For example I used to display Aeva's thumbnails /index.php?action=gallery;sa=media;in=22;thumb
Any luck to redirect all these to the new SMF Gallery URLs?
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

calorian

Just installed this.
I've two main questions. Is it possible to upload to the gallery straight from the new topic screen or have the gallery display and link to post attachments?

Secondly, if so, would it be possible to make an ezBlock for the last 5-10 etc picture attachments uploaded that link to the posts for the portal page?
(similar to this mod but not on every page https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2523)

vbgamer45

1. I have a addon in the pro edition that adds a link on topic display to upload/import from the gallery.

2. For ezPortal? And picture attachments such as in forum fposts?   ezPortal should have block options to display latest pictures from SMF Galllery Pro/Lite
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jsx

This is cool modification and works well except that it doesn't display diacritical marks in photo names. This error only occurs in this forum. Forum uses UTF-8 encoding and the database also has UTF-8 encoding. In the database, rows: smf_gallery_cat, smf_gallery_comment, smf_gallery_pic, smf_gallery_report have a collation: latin1_swedish_ci - And here should be utf8_general_ci

vbgamer45

Yes you will need to change those manually then it should work.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jsx

In these rows in phpmyadmin in the Operations tab, I changed manually to utf8_general_ci - but diacritical marks still did not display correctly.

smf_gallery_cat, smf_gallery_comment, smf_gallery_pic, smf_gallery_report

I had to change to utf8_general_ci in every position in the Structure tab and now everything is fine.

It is interesting why latin1_swedish_ci was created after installing the modification. Do you have any idea for this?

vbgamer45

Yes probably mod has to be updated for it on install check

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jsx

A friend is going to buy the Pro version of this gallery someday, so it would be good if there was no problem after installing with character encoding. 8)

vbgamer45

That is done on new installs with pro if you didn't have lite installed already.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jsx

Is added content in the Lite version be available in the Pro version? I mean available content after uninstalling the Lite version and installing the Pro version.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

njtweb

Saw the new website today, looks great! Wondering, is the gallery mod responsive yet?

vbgamer45

It is not the SMF 2.0 version will not be.  SMF 2.1 possibly.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

efk

I was wondering, is it possible to make mod to support external links to be shown into Gallery and not only attachments? Just asking because uploading takes resources, so if taken from somewhere else that can save resources.

vbgamer45

Like external pictures?  Issues with that is I still need to keep a copy of the image to create thumbnails etc. Always been wary of adding that since other linked sites could come and go.

External videos are supported in gallery pro. Via the video sharing url.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

efk

Yeah external. Maybe there is no need to have thumbnails at all. If you add ability/additional option for users to create a new album based on external links which will be a list displayed with external pictures inside and where each will have its name, but on click it will show us what is behind that name, something similar for visual display like this mod does with attachments https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3303

If its hard to do something like that, then I have even easier idea, album, inside album is a name of picture and on click is form like:
<p> NAME </p>
[spoiler] [img] https LINK [/img] [/spoiler]

or
[spoiler=NAME] [img] https link [/img] [/spoiler]

So this could be much easier to make to just let user of your mod to click on spoiler which automatically takes that form for new entry for name and link, link which is in spoiler and img tag.

For gallery lite you could set limit to 15 or 20 entries, for gallery pro you could remove limit, or maybe not limiting entries per album but adding something more, like comments, likes, stars and similar for gallery pro.

So my suggestion is more like adding something like static bbc page which is album where you can add and remove entries, like its done when we manually add some logs for something, if there is entry it is displayed, if not field is hidden.
At least this sounds easy to me to do with SimplePortal, but it will be complicated because each time it will must to be created inside SimplePortal and with more lines inside more complicated will be. Theoretically sounds easy for few pictures, but in reality hard to track and edit.

minormike

How can I set Gallery to not show galleries to guests until they log in?

vbgamer45

Admin -> Permissions -> modify guests

Then disable View Gallery permission for guest member group

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

minormike

Thank you - it's infuriating when you get an answer and then slap yourself in the forehead and mutter 'of course' under your breath...

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: