News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

Yep, Pro version - just wondering how I actually go about switching to their gallery?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

Go to the user gallery list then find their gallery from the list.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

fishoaus

Hi if i install can i transfer my avea media gallery in to this as avea media is no more up date able???????, or would i have to save all images then re up load to this gallery mod

vbgamer45

Yes it has a built in importer.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mike66

Hi folks

My SMF Gallery Pro has the JPEG Compression Percent set at 65. What is the best setting for displaying high quality photos without causing the loading time to be too slow, or be too much of a strain on resources?

Most images are currently about 80-150kB

Cheers
Mike

vbgamer45

You can increase it to 75 to 90.

PNG files are better though for quality. JPG there is always going to be some quality loss with resizing.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mike66

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try 80 and see how it goes  8)

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

Couple of things that I'd like to be able to do if at all possible ( might need some CSS etc )

I'd like to be able to have different settings for each category, so I can have different thumbnail sizes in each category and number of rows.
I normally have thumbnails set at 300 and in rows of 4, but in one particular category I'd like it to be 1000 and in a single row.

I am basically trying to achieve that one of the categories looks as if you are viewing the thumbnails as full size images in a layout that you simply scroll down.

It would also be really great, if in that particular category, we could also display the description below the 'full size' thumbnail.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike66

Forget the bit about displaying the description below the thumbnail, that wouldn't be necessary  ;)

Mike66

Sorry, I maybe shouldn't have asked this here, as it's possibly more like a feature request.

I was just hoping that somebody might know a way to have different sized thumbnails in different categories.

vbgamer45

Not easy to do. Would have to hard code something on addpicture2  in sources folder to set limits for a certain category

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mike66

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 22, 2021, 01:57:33 PM
Not easy to do. Would have to hard code something on addpicture2  in sources folder to set limits for a certain category

Thanks, that's a good start for me to have a look at.

landyvlad

I have the pro version - is there a way to rotate image orientation for images already uploaded to the gallery?

If not may I suggest this is something worth implementing please.

I am trying to encourage our users to upload to the gallery rather than as image attachments.

One of our users stated the following.
QuoteI have uploaded pics to my gallery and they are going in on their side.
I have tried rotated 90, 120 etc when uploading, but they are going in every way but what I want.

Naturally I told them that
QuoteThe orientation of images uploaded to the gallery is controlled by the EXIF data of the image.
Depending which orientation the camera or phone was in when the photo was taken, the image will not always match the orientation of the subject of the photo.

There are, of course, complex ways around this in editing/stripping EXIF data from images in a program prior to uploading but that's not feasible for most people to understand or be bothered with. Obviously need to make it as easy for people as possible.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

vbgamer45

Yes, it attempts to auto rotate based on EXIF in some cases.

But, you can also edit the picture and enter the number of degrees to rotate the image by.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mike66

I find that members sometimes get confused because they don't refresh after rotating an image, so to them, it looks like it hasn't worked  ;)

vbgamer45

Ah good point. Caching could cause an issue.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

robgratt

Hi,

Did a quick search of this topic and found a post re AWS S3.  It lookef like vbgamer45 was going to take a look at seeing how complicated it would be to implement.

Are there any plans to integrate anything like this in the future?

Will probably still purchase this mod and if the AWS stuff happened it would br perfect!

I have the Lite version installed.  Do I need to uninstall before installing the Pro version?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

vbgamer45

Never got around to the AWS S3 support. Plans right now no, mainly since became less of an issue since most hosts offer a lot of space nowadays.

Yes you would need to uninstall lite to have pro installed.  All data from lite is kept.

Demo of pro https://www.smfhacks.com/demos/index.php?action=gallery if you need an admin demo let me know.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mike66

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 22, 2021, 01:57:33 PM

Would it be easier, or even feasible, to install a second Gallery Pro? And call it something other than 'Gallery'?

Cheers
Mike

vbgamer45

Not on the same forum I think doing some code on addpicture function would be easist.

You can just do an if statement  basic workflow would be
if category equals this number then
Set the thumbnail width and height to this.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: