News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joh87swe

joh87swe

Does the "Copyright Link Removal" include in the SMF Gallery Pro?

vbgamer45

That's a seperate purchase.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

maritimesbob

In the lite version on the index page, there are only text/links to the categories. Should there not be a thumbnail for each category from the last photo uploaded?

vbgamer45

That currently does not exist in this mod not sure if I would add that.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

maritimesbob

Ok no worries.

I`m not sure which template I would need to edit? Would it be easy to create some small images, 100x100 for example and place them on the index page next to each category? Ie, like the IPB gallery has, here`s an example about halfway down http://fishing.ibforums.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery

vbgamer45

You can set the gallery category icon to a location of a picture example http://www.yoursite.com/yourimage.jpg

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

maritimesbob

Doh, I didn`t realise it would be that simple!!! I thought I would be digging through templates...

Thanks.

perplexed

I really like this :)  I installed it on my test forum and it potentially could solve another problem that I have.

I want to be able to limit the file size of banners used in signatures on my site, and this gallery mod allows you to limit the file size of the images uploaded to the gallery, so if we got members to use this to host their banners, then we wouldnt have to check them manually, because the size is aready set!  Brilliant!  Also they would be hosted on our server so it would be quicker to load and not dependent on the availability of the outside site :) Brilliant again!

Apart from getting people to use this instead of what they are used to, I only have one little problem (which is sort of related to getting people to use it).  Getting the url for the image in order to put it in their signature box, has to be done by right-clicking, and getting it from properties. 

Is there any way of displaying the url under the image to make it easier for the technically-challenged?   

Also is there a way of making the image name more user friendly?  The ones I have uploaded seem to have very long urls eg:

http://www.mysite.com/testforum/gallery/1_25_01_07_11_06_38.gif

It would be great if it could be something like :

http://www.mysite.com/testforum/gallery/stargatebanner.gif

Thanks muchly and again, I love this mod!

vbgamer45

You could add a field below the image that says the url to the image. I think someone did it in this topic a couple pages back. The names are long to avoid naming conflicts if two images have the same name.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DVD_GR

http://www.clubmini.gr/forums/gallery/

Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

Web Server at clubmini.gr

what have I done wrong? :(

vbgamer45

That's ok that not how you access the gallery
Gallery would be at
http://www.clubmini.gr/forums/index.php?action=gallery

You need to add a link for custom themes in the index.template.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Zwerko

hi to all, great work with mod  ;)

I have small problems (view attach), I can't see permissions. I have add all code in Modifications.english.php but problem is still there..Help if u can. Tnx

vbgamer45

I can see the permissions in that picture. They are on the right side top corner of that image.
Manage Gallery, AutoApprove Pictures etc.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

softtouch

Something with this mod related to permissions is wrong.
I have set my global mods to manage the gallery. When they try to create a category, they are asked for the admin password...????? Their login password does not work. Anybody else has this problem? If they enter the password of an admin, they can create the categories. Why is that so?

vbgamer45

Quote from: softtouch on February 02, 2007, 10:28:02 AM
Something with this mod related to permissions is wrong.
I have set my global mods to manage the gallery. When they try to create a category, they are asked for the admin password...????? Their login password does not work. Anybody else has this problem? If they enter the password of an admin, they can create the categories. Why is that so?

Not sure I will look into it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Zwerko

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 01, 2007, 04:47:32 PM
I can see the permissions in that picture. They are on the right side top corner of that image.
Manage Gallery, AutoApprove Pictures etc.

Upppsss sorry I cant believed, its there, my mistake   :-[ , thanks
Hm then I miss something else in that empty space

puttputt

I have 1.1.1.  When I tried to install this mod, I envoked two "Modification parse errors". This also happened when I tried to install a different package. I (manually) changed all file permissions, but no-go. Any suggestions?

Thanks  

vbgamer45

On what files? If you have other mods installed it might conflict.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: