SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhamad

OK 2 questions, now that I'm running it:
1. How can I tell how much space any given person is using
2. How can people see every pic that any given person has posted
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

vbgamer45

1. Located under File Space Manager in the Gallery Admin Section. Lists all the users and how much space they are using.
2. action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=1   Change the the u to the member id.  Add a link in the profile to give direct access.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

drhamad

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 07, 2007, 09:13:31 AM
1. Located under File Space Manager in the Gallery Admin Section. Lists all the users and how much space they are using.
2. action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=1   Change the the u to the member id.  Add a link in the profile to give direct access.

Perfect.  I can add that link easily enough :)  Thanks.
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

perplexed

hi vbgamer

I just came across this thread where you talked about linking images to profiles.  Can you do that with this mod and if so, how does it work/what does it look like?

~thanks

perplexed

Quote from: perplexed on February 09, 2007, 06:26:06 PM
hi vbgamer

I just came across this thread where you talked about linking images to profiles.  Can you do that with this mod and if so, how does it work/what does it look like?

~thanks

*bump*

~thanks

vbgamer45

I am pretty busy at the moment maybe later on.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Possible just takes code which I don't have the time to do.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hygron

very easy install...works and looks great.  If only we could set permissions for a private category...hint hint.  Maybe another mod for this gallery would be the ability to upload more than one image at a time...maybe 4.

If all you need is a nice clean easy to operate gallery...this is it.

come join me at: http://www.Hygronomics.com/forum1
My newest site: http://myvirtualworld.org Virtual Domain Hosting

beini

Hi,

just downloaded the Gallery and get this error when installing the package:

Incorrect table name ''
File: D:\www\forum\Packages\temp\galleryinstall.php
Line: 39

I'm using SMF 1.1.1.  Any suggestions?

vbgamer45: when will you launche the pro version?

thanks, beini

vbgamer45

That means you will have execute the tables manually in phpmyadmin from the galleryinstall.php. Already have the pro version at http://www.smfhacks.com

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

beini

ok, looks veeery good. Is it possible to see a live demo of it somewhere? I don't want to spend time installing the lite version if I'l go to the pro that I think I will.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hygron

come join me at: http://www.Hygronomics.com/forum1
My newest site: http://myvirtualworld.org Virtual Domain Hosting

Pegasys

Looks likea great mod... but I am having issues.

Installed... no errors.

Can access it.. no problems.

Permissions and setting in admin... piece of cake.

Everything extrememly well done.

BUT... I get the following error message(s) in the error log whenever I access the edit page of an image.

http://jphayden.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=edit;id=83 

8: Undefined index: gallery_text_oldpicture
File: /home/jphayd2/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Gallery.english.php (eval?)
Line: 621

From a user viewpoint, everything looks fine, No error message is displayed and any changes made are saved and work correctly. The error is generated when accessing the page. No error is generated when editing the image (hiting the Edit Picture button)

Part of the problem may be that I can't interprete the SMF error properly. My take is that the error is occuring on line 641 of the Gallery.php file.  Yes/No?  (the Gallery.English.php file is only about 180 line of code)

If so, that line in the Gallery.php file is:

Line 639:
//Check if the user owns the picture or is admin

Line 640:
$dbresult = db_query("SELECT p.ID_PICTURE, p.thumbfilename, p.width, p.height, p.allowcomments, p.ID_CAT, p.keywords, p.commenttotal, p.filesize, p.filename, p.approved, p.views, p.title, p.ID_MEMBER, m.memberName, m.realName, p.date, p.description FROM {$db_prefix}gallery_pic as p, {$db_prefix}members AS m WHERE ID_PICTURE = $id AND p.ID_MEMBER = m.ID_MEMBER  LIMIT 1", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Line 641:
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($dbresult);

... query of the smf_gallery_pic table. The index part throws me. Are we talking about a table index? If so, there is no such index.

Confused.  Please help!!

vbgamer45

It jsut means no text string is defined in Gallery.english.php
There should be one like
$txt['gallery_text_oldpicture'] = 'Old Picture';

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pegasys

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 15, 2007, 10:48:40 PM
It jsut means no text string is defined in Gallery.english.php
There should be one like
$txt['gallery_text_oldpicture'] = 'Old Picture';

And that did the trick.  That is the label that appears above the image displayed in the edit screen. I.e.. the old (or existing) picture.

Thanks a ton for the quick response and solution!!

** Now the odd thing is, I installed what I believe is the latest version (v1.7) and the  "$txt['gallery_text_oldpicture'] = 'Old Picture'; " line/code does not exist in either the Gallery.english.php or the Gallery.english-utf8.php files.

So... shouldn't everyone  be getting these same errors? I rechecked the files included in the zip and they are identical to what was copied onto the server during the package install. So is this a bug or did I goof something during the install?

* I'm using a custom theme, and manually updated the theme's index template to add the menu button after installing the package. But the theme does not have any of its own language files and uses those from the default theme. Correct?  (new to SMF after years with phpBB. Still getting the hang of it.)

vbgamer45

Yes everyone should be gettting an error though seems that no one reported it yet.

If a language file does not exist in your theme it uses the default language files instead.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

AON

Hi all, my first post here.

I installed this mod and it seemed to go like clockwork - no errors reported

I set up the permissions and created the first gallery category...

Then I realised I couldn't add a button at the top. Also if I manually go to the default directory of /SMFinstall/gallery/ it's a placeholder text file :(

Any help greatly appreciated

Advertisement: