News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help converting from Yabb 1.3.1 to SE to SMF

Started by Satrina, May 23, 2004, 04:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

Hmm... at the least, the author should be kept.

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

$messageinfo[8] = preg_replace('/\[quote (.+?)]/i', '[quote][/quote]', $messageinfo[8]);

Will change:

[ quote author=hannover link=topic=11459.msg140391#msg140391 date=1095844672 ]

To:

[ quote ]

This is not that big a loss, and the actual quoted content should remain.  However, the author could be kept, like so:

$messageinfo[8] = preg_replace('/\[quote (author=[^ ]+?)(.+?)]/i', '[quote $1]', $messageinfo[8]);

-[Unknown]

crash07

Quote from: Ben_S on September 22, 2004, 08:15:20 AM
Its a but in RC1, it will be fixed in RC2.
RC2 is available now, but I can't see some direct YaBB Gold to SMF converters or some changes in old converters from YaBB Gold :(.

[Unknown]

The change has been made in the bbc parsing.

-[Unknown]

crash07

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 12, 2004, 07:10:01 PM
The change has been made in the bbc parsing.

-[Unknown]
I know, ehat do You mean, but it's not the bbc problem only! In exist converter you can parse in bbc the author, but you must remember all boards and topic ID's! In YaBB you have boardname and topicname (like timestamp). I look for converter, what convert all quotes correctly(!) - I mean with all links with NEW (YaBBSE/SMF-Format) links of old topics and boards!

The second thing is - I look for DIRECT converter (from YaBB Gold to SMF)! :)

It's possible to write direct converter (I can take some development costs ... if it's can accelerate the development process ;) )

[Unknown]

I'm still working on it... it may take some time.

-[Unknown]

crash07

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 13, 2004, 05:02:49 PM

-[Unknown]
Thanks a lot for your great work!!!! :))))

crash07

Dear [Unknown],

can I ask you about time for YaBB(Gold) -> SMF Converter? One or two week, couple of weeks or months?
May be I can pay money for this converter?!  ;)

Thanks a lot! :)

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 13, 2004, 05:02:49 PM

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

Well, if you have a decent size forum (how many boards do you have?) and wouldn't mind me testing the converter with it, sooner than otherwise ;).

What's holding me back from active work right now is basically that I need a forum to test it on that is large enough to let me test any possible problems (for example, timeouts) so they can be resolved.  You can read more in this topic:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=18350.0

Even if you don't have that large a forum, no one's volunteering... so a "real" one is better than my testing one any day (since I just plain can't sit there and make even a thousand posts for testing...)

-[Unknown]

crash07

Dear [Unknown],

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 31, 2004, 01:15:08 AM
Well, if you have a decent size forum (how many boards do you have?) and wouldn't mind me testing the converter with it, sooner than otherwise ;).
I have 3 big forums with about 50 boards, 4.000 users, 2.500 topics and 100.000 postings in each forum.

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 31, 2004, 01:15:08 AMWhat's holding me back from active work right now is basically that I need a forum to test it on that is large enough to let me test any possible problems (for example, timeouts) so they can be resolved. You can read more in this topic:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=18350.0

Even if you don't have that large a forum, no one's volunteering... so a "real" one is better than my testing one any day (since I just plain can't sit there and make even a thousand posts for testing...)

I can copy all data from one big forum and make one board (or many boards) just for your tests. Of course I can give you access to this forum via FTP oder SSH2. I will contact you in ICQ :) See you ICQ-messages! :)))

CU! :)

[Unknown]

I got your message, but I'm afraid that I'm not on ICQ much - very busy, and I only get more so when I go online.

Thanks very much for your willingness to help - and that sounds like a great test of the converter ;).  I shouldn't need more than FTP, and if you'd like I can download the data and do it locally (so as not to distrupt your server.)  I'd appreciate it if you could send me the FTP information by email, or whatever means you think best.

As for copying them together, it's your call.  I think 100,000 posts should be enough, but more can't (or if it can, I will need to fix that) hurt.

Thanks again,
-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

ms_ukyankee

[Unknown], I have a 6000 member, 70,700 post yabb sp 1.3.1 board that I can get to you if you need test data. I can gzip and give you a download link. Let me know. It's one I'll be converting in the future after other projects are completed.
SMF since 2004 <3

crash07

Dear Unknown, sorry for delay - a lot of work ;)

I install some mods for YaBBGold and my data format is a little bit different, than YaBB Gold - native data format. I insert some new fields in data files. I need some days to write converter from my data format in YaBB native fortam.

leah, do you have original YaBB data format? Mya be ist faster to use your data files?

[Unknown]

I can use either - a gzip (provided I can download it FTP or HTTP steadily) would be fine and great.

-[Unknown]

ms_ukyankee

I'll do that today and send you a pm with details. :)
SMF since 2004 <3

jezinho

Hi,
I'm also planning to make my YaBB 1.3.1 a SMF.

Do I need to make a backup before converting my Yabb 1.3.1 into a YaBBSE?
Or doesn't the converter touch the Yabb 1.3.1 data?

Thanx in advance for your replies :)

Ben_S

The convertor only reads your YaBB data, it won't touch it.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

jezinho

Thanks alot, will give it a try then this weekend :)

jezinho

Quote from: Satrina on May 23, 2004, 07:47:19 PM
Welp nothing yet, it appears to have "finished" the browser stopped but that was it.
I have exactly the same prob...when it comes to "Importing Messages" it just stops (there are about 5.000 threads).

Though, I've installed Apache + MySQL on my computer & tried it offline - without any problems with converting etc. :)

But as I've got absolutely no idea how MySQL works - how can I get the offline version to the internet now?
When I enter my account with WS_FTP, there is no directory called "MySQL" I could upload the stuff to :(

Advertisement: