News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kon-Tiki

Anyone any idea how to get this install done?

rejetto

i just used one of those hacked versions, and had no problem in months

goitalone

What hacked version? I need this for 1.1.2  

青山 素子

Given the lack of updates, the creator has likely abandoned the development of this mod.

I hate to advertise, but for all those searching for something that allows you to require guests verify against an image, and that works with 1.1.2, try the Visual Verification Options mod. It isn't the same thing, but it should provide the most-used functionality.

Please don't use this topic to discuss this mod, it has its own.

Here is to hoping HarzeM updates AVV soon.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

lexhair

Be nice to have an uninstaller that works with 1.1.1.

goitalone

BTW, that hacked version of Advanced Visual Verification works great on 1.1.2 for installation (not sure about 1.1.1 or uninstall though)

It installed perfect and works great ...only thing it didn't install on was the German language file (which didn't exsist anyways)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114620.450

青山 素子

Quote from: lexhair on March 29, 2007, 01:03:30 PM

Use the ;version_emulate=1.1 trick to show the uninstall link. Do a search if you aren't sure how to do that.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

lexhair

Quote from: Motoko-chan on March 29, 2007, 03:27:40 PM
Quote from: lexhair on March 29, 2007, 01:03:30 PM

Use the ;version_emulate=1.1 trick to show the uninstall link. Do a search if you aren't sure how to do that.
Thanks for the advice. Looks like that'll work. I'll stick with the orig AVV mod and 1.1.1 for another couple of releases and then give your mod a shot.  

Diamondhead

I'm getting the same verbatim "modification parse error" error at the end of the install process which Kon-tiki asked for help with a few days ago.

Anyone, if you have a solution (or can even clarify what that message means) please reply.  I'm obviously not the only person waiting for an answer to this head scratcher.

Btw, it took MUCH work to get all the error problems/messages whittled down to just these "mod. parse error"s at the end of the install process.....and I don't want to click the Install button and have it screw up a days worth of work.   

Thanks for anyone's thoughts, input, or comments about this error.

Diamondhead

Kindred

I could not resolve Kon-Tiki's issues with this mod... although I don't know why it took "much" work to get it to that point...   it was a matter of 2 minutes to determine that the original error was the result of the temp directory not being properly created.  Manually create the temp directory in your packages directory, with chmod 777 and mods will install just fine.

As for the other issue with install.xml... I gave up and installed the VVO mod for him rather than this one (AVV)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

goitalone

The hacked version I posted a link to doesn't work either?

Kindred

nope...

I believe it is some odd configuration with these individual's servers; because I have installed this mod package on at least 5 other sites with no problems at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ragots

When I edit a visitor's post as an admin, I get asked to enter the captcha code.
I posted this a while ago. Any solution for this ?

Quote from: ragots on October 12, 2006, 06:51:48 PM
Hello people, I'm posting this again.

When I log in as admin  and I try to edit a post done by a guest,
when I try to save the changes, I get the error message telling me that I did not type the correct captcha code, although the captcha dialog did not come up while I edited the message left by the user.

Daniel15 said he found a fix for this.
What is that fix ?

Does HarzeM has a fix ?
The one you proposed did not work.

goitalone

LOL thats funny...you must have yourself on the wrong permissions er something I would think. LOL

ivytony

doesn't support SMF 1.1.2?

thanks!

Badmovies.org

For those who have 1.1.2 and are experiencing the "Modification Parse Error" issue when trying to install, it appears another gent found the problem.  The issue is that the installer does not like big .xml files.  When I split the install.xml file into three parts, it worked fine.

I am not an SMF developer and have done very little testing, but the attached file is the one I made (using Cyberclone's to start) and it worked fine to both install and uninstall.

I think that the "Modification Parse Error" has to do with the server's PHP version.  I did not run into it until I upgraded my version of PHP and downgrading my PHP would get rid of the error.

Andrew Borntreger
Champion of Cinematic Disasters
The Bad Movie Website
www.badmovies.org

[Lucien]

Quote from: Badmovies.org on May 01, 2007, 01:36:56 AM
For those who have 1.1.2 and are experiencing the "Modification Parse Error" issue when trying to install, it appears another gent found the problem.  The issue is that the installer does not like big .xml files.  When I split the install.xml file into three parts, it worked fine.

I am not an SMF developer and have done very little testing, but the attached file is the one I made (using Cyberclone's to start) and it worked fine to both install and uninstall.

I think that the "Modification Parse Error" has to do with the server's PHP version.  I did not run into it until I upgraded my version of PHP and downgrading my PHP would get rid of the error.

Thank you very much for this, i don't get any modification parse error, but the only file that can't be modified is the register.php file within the sources directory.. any idea why this one fails? :)
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

[Lucien]

YESSS it works!!!! :D I replaced the register.php with the original one and now it works, thank you so much for this!!
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

cmonex

it still doesnt work for me!!

registration part stops workign for me

this is a fresh install of 1.1.2!

i installed original version of AVV first then the first mod, then this last one, this one at least didnt have the usual german lang file error when installing.

nothing helps. theme is default, tried the other one that doesnt have that php file, but it still didnt help,

how do i install this "manually" if that helps?

--
edit:
the error message i get when i click on the registration part

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_verification_settings() (previously declared in /home/blablablaforum/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code:689) in /home/blablablaforum/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 873

i tried to rename both register.php's in source folder to some nonsense so there was no active register.php and i still got the same error. so this file isnt working at all. help?

cmonex

maybe someone could send me working versions of register.php, register.template.php, manageregistration.php :(

right now registration works, AVV plugin is installed, but it doesnt put the settings there in registration so i can't enable it. good for nothing

....edit: worse than that, it didnt ask for captcha anymore on registration either, had to remove plugin.

Advertisement: