News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surferbird

I'll PM you!

Quote from: HarzeM on October 08, 2006, 06:22:07 PM
Quote from: Surferbird on October 08, 2006, 06:20:31 PM
Jippiii...thousand THANKS...it work now, you're a master man  :-*

This is out of order but....Could you give a hand how to get narrow board and white bg table as here in SMF too? I have asked this and waited for help a long time but nobody bader to help me?

I could help you if I had understood what you want :)
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

busymouse

Hello @all,

my forums work with 1.1 RC3 and the default theme. I've three problems:

1. I can't speak English.
2. I don't got an answer at the German support.
3. Advanced Visiual Verification is a great mod. First it worked fine and than I made something - I really don't know what I'd done - and now something is wrong.

I installed the mod. I translated. It looked nice and worked. I did something else, installed new mods, translated a much and did a little I can't describe in English, but I think, it's not important for the problem.

Suddenly the registration looked different. I couldn't see the characters any more. Therefore there was a text once more normaly is shown at the left side. I thought it doesn't matter. I uninstalled the mod and deleted it. Then I installed it new, thinking it will be the same work once more, and it should work. Nothing happened. All looked the same as before.  ::)

Answering in the public boards shows the same problem.

Is there anyone who can help me? Please write to me in very easy English. Therefore I'm very stupid.

;) Thx busymouse

"Tu erst das Notwendige, dann das Mögliche, und plötzlich schaffst du das Unmögliche..." (Franz von Assisi, 1182-1226)

Harzem

Is your forum language german UTF-8 ?

busymouse

"Tu erst das Notwendige, dann das Mögliche, und plötzlich schaffst du das Unmögliche..." (Franz von Assisi, 1182-1226)

busymouse

Do you have any idea? Have I to set the hook? The Mod worked fine before (without hook).

:) busymouse

Morning

Well, after a few years back to try SMF again. You have been getting good reviews.

However, it is quite frustrating to download a new package, and not have registration work. I know it can work as I did a lot of work to get 'gotcha' to work with joomla.

Probably, I fall in the category of 'gd' installed (i.e. enabled using php internal) but no Freetype.

At the moment I fall into the category of 'trying' users, and will go back to check the beginning of the thread for what I hope is a link to the improved mod - as this does not seem to be a big enough issue for a RC3+ release.

If I don't find it, I'll just turn it off for now - I am going to use a bridge I expect anyway. Tomorrows 'struggle'.

And, except for the 'broken' visual install (sound does not work for me either btw), installation was very 'Simple' indeed.

Morning

busymouse

Hello @all,

now I'm more than confused ....  :-\ I hadn't done anything without waiting for answers and now it works again.
That's very curious, isn't it?

;D busymouse

ragots

Quote from: daniel15 on October 06, 2006, 08:31:42 AM
QuoteWhen I log in as admin  and I try to edit a post done by a guest,
when I try to save the changes, I get the error message telling me that I did not type the correct captcha code, although the captcha dialog did not come up while I edited the message left by the user.
Haha, strangely enough, that was also a bug in my CAPTCHA MOD :P. I solved it slightly differently though (my one checks if the user is a guest, and only shows the CAPTCHA if they are)

How did you solve that problem ?
I'm still battling with it.
Can you tell me what to do ?

Vaskania

Ok, I'm at a loss for ideas. The verification image doesn't show up on the registration page or in admin > registration > visual verification.

I'm using SMF 1.1RC3 w/ Bloc's theme Black22 1.1RC3.
I am using website redirection via our host's cpanel and an included header file in template_main_above() as well (just under the <body> tag) if that makes a difference.

I've modified the theme files (privatemessages.template & index.english -other mod-altered files pull from Default) accordingly to get the mod working, but I have no image; however, the image does show up with the Default theme. Both the Default font and mod font folders are copied into the Black22 directory.

The stock verification script wasn't working in the same manner; I was hoping the mod would do the trick. =/

Ideas?

Harzem

A link to your forum would be useful.

Vaskania

Aha! Whoops..

http://www.teamnorthamerica.net .. it will redirect to /forums.

Edit .. I just enabled visual verification in the settings so you could see. I suppose that would help wouldn't it? :-\

ragots

Hello people, I'm posting this again.

When I log in as admin  and I try to edit a post done by a guest,
when I try to save the changes, I get the error message telling me that I did not type the correct captcha code, although the captcha dialog did not come up while I edited the message left by the user.

Daniel15 said he found a fix for this.
What is that fix ?

Does HarzeM has a fix ?
The one you proposed did not work.

frequency

Hi,

Is this mod compatible with all themes? I'm having trouble with new user registration at the moment. The captcha details aren't showing up using the built-in verification so I'm thinking of installing this mod to combat the problem.

SMF version 1.1 RC3
Theme: Aa New Damage by Metalcore

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Daniel15

QuoteDaniel15 said he found a fix for this.
What is that fix ?
No, I meant I had a fix for my CAPTCHA mod (I wrote the CAPTCHA mod that's for SMF 1.0 - 1.1 RC2).
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Morning

Advanced Visual Verification Mod
by HarzeM

This mod replaces default verification code system of SMF 1.1 RC3 with an advanced system.

Only Works for SMF 1.1 RC3 !
knip...
You can modify the settings via
Admin > Registration > Visual Verification

[/quote]

Ah - the small print. There is a default mod - which is why it didnt show up in the mods section, and it was broken similiar to this one it seems.

Someone responsible for the RC3 release needs to be aware that whatever this replaces is also broken. And that it has been quite confusing for a person with little time.

Well, going to download the mod, and hope SMF works then. No point if people cant register....

Morning

goofy2feet

I am using RC3, and installed the mod tonight. http://www.language-global.com/lglbbs

You can modify the settings via
Admin > Registration > Visual Verification

But there is no Visual Verification tab!

EDIT: I just uninstalled the mod - when I tried to make a test account, it refused to accept that I was typing the right letters in... Don't want to be messing around with something that will prevent real people signing up.
Free Talk forums featuring DzinerStudios premium themes.

Harzem

goofy2feet, we can try to solve the problem, because this mod works for everyone.

Were you using a different theme when the mod was applied?

aarffy

After I installed there is no admin > registration > visual verification. There is a checkbox in admin > registration > settings that says

Disable the use of the visual verification on registration

But that's all I find in admin. I'm using the standard default smf template.

What I need is to enable visual verification for guest posts. That's not enabled now, although there is vv for registration. Is it possible to add or edit settings directly into the database? What would be the settings be?

Thanks. Very cool module.

Harzem

It looks the mod was not applied correctly. Have you applied any mods before?

aarffy

Nope, first one. I used Packages > Download Packages and installed from there. There was an error reporting a failure to write something to /temp. I created the folder by hand and refreshed the install page, which then went on with the rest of the install.

Advertisement: