News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaskania

/fonts
/images
/languages
/ttf_fonts
BoardIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
error_log
index.php
index.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
PersonalMessage.template.php
Recent.template.php
Settings.template.php
style.css
theme_info.xml
Who.template.php

I did go through your mod installation manually as well to add in the necessary script to the files that the theme had of it's own.

Yes, the mod is activated.

The actual problem is that the script works fine, but there is no verification image showing in the admin panel or the registration page for this theme. It does work with the Default theme, however.

Edit .. I also want to re-add that the stock feature for visual verification was broken for me to begin with in the same manner. No image was displayed.

Harzem

Do you have a language other than english?

Can you provide me a phpinfo?

What is phpinfo.php?

Vaskania

I have not installed any other languages.
I have PMed you the link to the phpinfo.

Harzem

This gets strange. You have GD and freetype libraries.

Can you do me a favor?

Enable verification.
Disable registration verification, enable search verification.
Set image verification validity for search as 0 or 1.
Allow guests to make searches.

So I can have a look at the image at seach and see the problem.

Vaskania

Should be good to try.

Could there be something in the theme code itself preventing it from displaying? Since it does work on the Default theme...

Harzem

I don't know why it will work for default theme but not black22 theme.

Can you enable theme selection for users? So I can see in on default theme, whicle the other users wo'Nt even see the default theme.

Vaskania

Theme selection was enabled, but I went ahead and enabled users to select the Default theme as well.

(By users I'm assuming you meant members)

Harzem

Wow, it doesn't work ONLY for black22 :o All the other themes display it properly.

I can't see any reason why it will behave like that. Try deleting the font folders of black22 so they will be used from default.

Vaskania

Didn't work. This is buggin me too, because I really like that theme and Bloc gave me permission to mod the crap out of it.. so to speak. lol

Harzem

Then we'll need to investigate further.

Try renaming ALL php files in that theme directory, to begin with 2.
For example, "2index.template.php".

Then run your forum. It should look like default, but with black colors. Report whether the image works or not.

Vaskania

The site looks VERY ugly, but the image works. lol

Harzem

Now rename the files back to their original names.

Then rename files to their "2" versions again, this time one by one. At each rename, try if the image works.

What we want to find is, the file of Black22 that makes the image unreadable.

Vaskania

I've actually found out what it was. It was my included header. Now to figure out how to include an external header without screwing things up. =|

Harzem

Vaskania

Placed in template_main_above:
include ('http://www.teamnorthamerica.net/indexHeader.php');

The contents of said header:
<?php 
//require("forums/SSI.php");
require_once("forums/smf_api.php");

/*BEGIN MAIN TABLE*/
Echo '
<table valign="top" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="padding: 0;">'
;

// LEFT SIDE BLOCKS
Echo  '
<table valign="top" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="margin-top: 38px;">
<tr>
<td cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" valign="top" style="background-color: #FF33CC; width: 6px; background-image: url(http://www.teamnorthamerica.net/forums/Themes/black22_11rc3/images/leftback.gif); background-repeat: repeat-y;">
</td>
<td valign="top" style="padding: 0;">'
;

/*VENTRILO BLOCK*/
Echo '
<table valign="top" width="100%" style="background-color: #50535B;"><tr><td class="pm_box" align="center">VENTRILO</td></tr>
<tr><td align="center" style="background-color: #686A6E;">
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
var vspy_width=145;
var vspy_height=200;
var vspy_style="160x200_html";
var vspy_server="66.207.167.29:4034";
</script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://www.ventrilospy.net/js/show_ventrilo.js"></script><p>
</td><tr></table>'
;

/*GAME SERVER BLOCK*/
Echo '
<table valign="top" width="100%" style="background-color: #50535B; margin-top: 4px; "><tr><td class="pm_box" align="center">GAME SERVERS (3)</td></tr>
<tr><td align="center" style="background-color: #686A6E;">
<IFRAME src="http://www.nanospy.de/track.php?ip=70.86.100.210&port=7777&qport=8777&prot=rvs&width=120&height=152" frameborder="1" scrolling="no" style="width: 120px; height: 152px;">[Your browser does not support frames or is currently configured  not to display frames.]</IFRAME><p />
<IFRAME src="http://www.nanospy.de/track.php?ip=70.86.100.210&port=28960&qport=28960&prot=cod&width=120&height=152" frameborder="1" scrolling="no" style="width: 120px; height: 152px;">[Your browser does not support frames or is currently configured  not to display frames.]</IFRAME><p />
<IFRAME src="http://www.nanospy.de/track.php?ip=70.86.100.210&port=28961&qport=28961&prot=cod&width=120&height=152" frameborder="1" scrolling="no" style="width: 120px; height: 152px;">[Your browser does not support frames or is currently configured  not to display frames.]</IFRAME>
</td><tr></table>'
;

/*END LEFT SIDE BLOCK TABLE*/
Echo '
</td>
</tr>
</table>'
;

/*BEGIN RIGHT SIDE/FORUM*/
Echo '
</td>
<td width="100%">'
;

?>

Then I had table closing tags in template_main_below to close the main table created by my header.

Harzem

You don't need the code:

//require("forums/SSI.php");
require_once("forums/smf_api.php");

And you can include the file:

include("home/yoursite/public_html/indexHeader.php");

Vaskania

Yea, i had the smf_api called because I was working to include other things to a main portal type looking page (without using TinyPortal); I just didn't remove the requirement.

Thanks for putting up with this with me. hah :)

Harzem

Wow, now it works? That was a long support conversation!

Vaskania

Yep! It works.

Knowing my dumb luck I had the footer in the wrong section by accident which probably broke everything. I'm still getting used to the layout of SMF.. soo used to Nuke.

carbonize

Ok I've been fixing the bugs myself. Looks like an error between the names you gave to your language lines and the names you then call in the scripts. Like in search.php you have

log_error($txt['visual_verification_failed']);

but in the language file you put

$txt['error_visual_verification_failed'] = 'The letters you typed don\'t match the letters that were shown in the picture.';

So I removed the error_ part from the language file.
C a r b o n i z e

Advertisement: