News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harzem

Quote from: carbonize on October 15, 2006, 11:24:14 AM
Ok I've been fixing the bugs myself. Looks like an error between the names you gave to your language lines and the names you then call in the scripts. Like in search.php you have

log_error($txt['visual_verification_failed']);

but in the language file you put

$txt['error_visual_verification_failed'] = 'The letters you typed don\'t match the letters that were shown in the picture.';

So I removed the error_ part from the language file.

They are different texts. One is default in RC3, and the other is given when a guests can't type the letters when posting. So I suggest you to restore it ;)

carbonize

Well since removing the error_ I'm not getting the undefined index error any more.
C a r b o n i z e

Harzem

Can you again tell me which errors are you getting at which files and lines?

carbonize

The one I get most is

8: Undefined index: visual_verification_failed
File: /home/yahelit/public_html/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 282

But I've disabled captcha in searches now so that ones gone.

If a guest puts wrong image code when making a post it generates this error

8: Undefined index: visual_verification_failed
File: /home/yahelit/public_html/forum/Sources/Post.php
Line: 1276

Which is the same line as in the search error
log_error($txt['visual_verification_failed']);

Also they get

Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
No name was provided.
No email address was provided.
An invalid email address was given.
The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.
No subject was filled in.
The message body was left empty.
C a r b o n i z e

carbonize

ok some more error messages for you

8: Undefined index: verificationAskGuestSearch
File: /home/yahelit/public_html/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 289

8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM
File: /home/yahelit/public_html/forum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1379

I don't have FTP access right now because work is funny about that kind of thing.
C a r b o n i z e

carbonize

I've switched to Daniel15's CAPTCHA mod as at present this one has to many bugs. In one night it generated 8 pages of error log.
C a r b o n i z e

Morning

Just a small update.

Had some issues with Installing. It said that it didnt have the correct perms to install in Packages, and seemed to cache this somewhere. Only after I switched to another computer and tried to install (after uploading package to Packages/Advanced*.zip) did the package verify and install.

sawz

Quote from: carbonize on October 16, 2006, 06:29:50 AM
I've switched to Daniel15's CAPTCHA mod as at present this one has to many bugs. In one night it generated 8 pages of error log.

i just deleted over 400 pages of errors, really, i was surprised at the number of errors. the majority of them due to the Advanced Visual Verification Mod. The first thing i noticed was that the control panel for the mod in the Admin section was gone, so i couldn't disable it. i tried uninstalling but got an error so i didn't proceed.

the mod still works fine, just like its supposed to, but no control panel and i can't uninstall it at the moment. right now my biggest concern is the missing control panel. the forum is using the Back-n-Black theme so i didn't have to edit any files. any thoughts on the missing control panel?

here is a sample of the errors:

forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send2
forums/Sources/PersonalMessage.php

forums/index.php?action=regcenter;sa=settings
forums/Sources/ManageRegistration.php
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

Simplemachines Cowboy

The errors I get are this:
Quote8: Undefined index: use_graphic_library
File: /home/********/public_html/smf/Themes/default/Register.template.php (eval?)
Line: 55

and:
Quote8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM
File: /home/********/public_html/smf/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1379

Default theme on rc 3 (upgraded from rc 2)

Test forum, no mods installed other than this one.
My SMF forum: The Open Range

carbonize

C a r b o n i z e

Harzem

I'll be releasing the bug fix this night, including an upgrade from your current one also.

make sure that you have posted all the errors here, so I can address them one by one.

sawz

thanx HarzeM, i was able to get it back to the point where i could uninstall it, now i'll wait for the update.

Croco

there is a problem with

8: Undefined index: visual_verification_failed in Sources/Search.php

8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM in Sources/PersonalMessage.php
I am back. I will try to catch up with some stuff soon.
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com
Andareen.net(Under Constraction :P)

New plans coming soon

Good links for you to visit:
Docs
Search

rockinaway

My verification images are not showing. They show the red cross, which is usually shown when an image doesn't exist.

http://www.etcworld.co.uk/forum/

That is the link to see, just try registering and the image does not appear  :(
Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

sawz

Quote from: rockinaway on October 25, 2006, 12:44:00 PM
My verification images are not showing. They show the red cross, which is usually shown when an image doesn't exist.

the verification your using is not the one being discussed in this thread, what your using in the captcha that is default with 1.1 rc3

rockinaway

Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

sawz

Quote from: rockinaway on October 25, 2006, 04:38:47 PM
Nope I am using this one ;)
for some reason i thought there wasn't any sound files associated with this mod, my bad.
anyway, i had to uninstall mine due to do lots of errors in the error log, and HarzeM is in the process of making corrections. so the best thing to do is wait till the man is done.

floris

During installation of this mod I get a blank page, and the mod won't install itself. It only uploaded the file Verification.php and the map ttf_fonts.

My error log gives the following error:

QuotePHP Fatal error: packageinstall(): Failed opening required '/home/xxx/httpdocs//Packages/temp/./installverification.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/xxx/httpdocs/Sources/Packages.php on line 540, referer: hxxp:forum.virtuworld.net/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=AdvancedVisualVerification_1-0.zip [nonactive]

How can I solve this problem?
hxxp:forum.virtuworld.net/?language=english [nonactive]

hxxp:maze.virtuworld.net [nonactive]

rockinaway

Its working agian today! It worked when I first installed it, then went, now it is back?!

sawz

Quote from: rockinaway on October 26, 2006, 05:06:41 AM

Its working agian today! It worked when I first installed it, then went, now it is back?!
are there any errors in your error log? look for any visual verification errors.

Advertisement: