News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinaway

Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

BShaftoe

Hi, Harzem!

I'd like to use your mod in my spanish forum, but prior to that, I need to translate it.

Can you tell me what should I do (exactly) in order to translate the mod so it can be automatically installed in spanish?

I'm a computer science student, but I have near to nil knowledge about PHP and HTML, so any help would be appreciated. Or a link to a "translation tutorial" or something like that.

Of course, once I have translated it, I will post it here, so everybody can benefit from it.

rockinaway

For you to use the MOD on a Spanish board, and for the effects to take on automatic install you must:

1) Download the package from here
2) Open up the install.xml for editing
3)

Find:

<file name="$languagedir/index.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="end"></search>
<add><![CDATA[
// Advanced Visual Verification Mod Start
$txt['verificationVisual'] = 'Visual Verification';
$txt['verificationSettingsDesc'] = 'Here you can change many settings about visual verification in your site.';

$txt['enable_visual_verification'] = 'Enable visual verification';
$txt['verificationCodeChars'] = 'Number of characters in the verification image';
$txt['verificationMaxTries'] = 'Number of failures before blocking the user';
$txt['verificationWaitTime'] = 'Minutes before blocking expires';

$txt['verificationAskRegister'] = 'Ask in registration';
$txt['verificationAskGuestPost'] = 'Ask in guest posting';
$txt['verificationAskPM'] = 'Ask when sending personal messages';
$txt['verificationPMvalid'] = 'Maximum personal messages a verification image is valid for';
$txt['verificationPMvalidDesc'] = 'This is the number of personal messages which users will not be asked for image verification once they entered the code correctly. Recommended value is around 5-10.';
$txt['verificationAskGuestSearch'] = 'Ask in guest searches';
$txt['verificationAskMemberSearch'] = 'Ask in member searches';
$txt['verificationSearchValid'] = 'Maximum searches a verification image is valid for';
$txt['verificationSearchValidDesc'] = 'This is the number of searches which users will not be asked for image verification once they entered the code correctly. Recommended value is around 5-10';

$txt['verificationImageBackground'] = 'Image background type';
$txt['verificationBGnoise'] = 'Noise';
$txt['verificationBGnoiseDesc'] = 'Fast, but not very effective. You can use this unless you suspect your forum still gets automatic registration.';
$txt['verificationBGlines'] = 'Distorted Lines';
$txt['verificationBGlinesDesc'] = 'Recommended. Generates easy to read but hard to guess characters.';
$txt['verificationBGcolored'] = 'Random Colors';
$txt['verificationBGcoloredDesc'] = 'Hardest to break, but slow and hard to read. Not all servers may be able to display this. See a preview before actually using it.';
$txt['verificationBGcircles'] = 'Inverted circles';
$txt['verificationBGcirclesDesc'] = 'Hardest to break, but slow and hard to read.';

$txt['verificationImageSize'] = 'Image size';
$txt['verificationImageSizeSmall'] = 'Small';
$txt['verificationImageSizeMedium'] = 'Medium';
$txt['verificationImageSizeLarge'] = 'Large';

$txt['verificationGDnotsupported'] = 'Your server doesn\'t have GD library installed. Verification images will be generated without GD.';

$txt['verificationPreview'] = 'Preview Image';
$txt['verificationPreviewDesc'] = '(Please wait when the preview is being generated)';

$txt['verificationReadChars'] = 'You should read <b>%s</b> characters in this image.';
$txt['verification_brute_force'] = 'You have exceeded the limit of visual verification failures. You should wait %s minutes before you can try again.';
$txt['error_visual_verification_failed'] = 'The letters you typed don\'t match the letters that were shown in the picture.'

It should be at the end of the file.

4) This is to be done in the smae install.xml file

Find:

<file name="$languagedir/index.english.php">
<operation>
<search position="end"></search>
<add><![CDATA[

Then replace the 'index.english.php' with your language file, I guess it would be 'index.spanish.php', although it may be different.

5) Change the second bit for each string so that it is Spanish, for example:

$txt['verificationVisual'] = 'Visual Verification';

We want to edit the 'Visual Verification' part, which is what the string will show. So change that into Spanish. Do the same for all the other strings.
Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

BShaftoe

Ok, thanks, mate.

Once I have translated it and I have checked it works properly on my forum I will post a link here.

Gobo

Thanks its a great mod - works perfectly!

And the amount of options given are really wonderful as well :D

Aku

Sam_Gordon

Hi HarzeM!
I have also a problem with the error in the CP-Error Log:

hxxp:allplanet.ru/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send2 [nonactive]
8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM
File: /home/***/***/***/forum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1420 (no matter :))

// Check whether the visual verification code was entered correctly.
$modSettings['verificationPMValid'] = isset($modSettings['verificationPMValid']) ? $modSettings['verificationPMValid'] : 5;
if ((empty($_SESSION['verificationAskPM']) || $_SESSION['verificationAskPM'] >= $modSettings['verificationPMValid']) && empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) && !empty($modSettings['verificationAskPM']))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/Verification.php');
if ((empty($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) || !verifyCode(strtoupper($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']))))
{
$post_errors[] = 'visual_verification_failed';
log_error($txt['visual_verification_failed']);
// Require new verification
$_SESSION['verificationAskPM'] = -1;
}
else
$_SESSION['verificationAskPM'] = 0;
}
$_SESSION['verificationAskPM'] ++; // THIS IS THE LINE

hxxp:allplanet.ru/forum/index.php?action=search2 [nonactive]
8: Undefined index: verificationAskGuestSearch
Файл: /home/***/***/***/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 289 (no matter :))

$modSettings['verificationSearchValid'] = isset($modSettings['verificationSearchValid']) ? $modSettings['verificationSearchValid'] : 5;
if ((empty($_SESSION['verificationAskGuestSearch']) || $_SESSION['verificationAskGuestSearch'] >= $modSettings['verificationSearchValid']) && empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) && ((!empty($modSettings['verificationAskGuestSearch']) && $user_info['is_guest']) || (!empty($modSettings['verificationAskMemberSearch']) && !$user_info['is_guest'])))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/Verification.php');
if ((empty($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) || !verifyCode(strtoupper($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']))))
{
$context['search_errors']['visual_verification_failed'] = true;
log_error($txt['visual_verification_failed']);
// Require new verification
$_SESSION['verificationAskGuestSearch'] = -1;
}
else
$_SESSION['verificationAskGuestSearch'] = 0;
}
$_SESSION['verificationAskGuestSearch'] ++; // THIS IS THE LINE

It doesn't matter - user or not.

The verification options for the search and PM-send are not checked - and this, IMHO, is the error, because the verificationAsk*'s doesn't have an index, the vars wasn't defined.
Please help me to solve this problem, where can I fix this little bug. (Sorry, it's not a bug, it's a feature :))
Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Our Forum on our site: hxxp:allplanet.ru/forum [nonactive]

Happy Uraz Bairam!

BShaftoe

Ok, mates. It's translated into Spanish, but somehow I cannot get it to work properly in my server. The image simply isn't displayed. But I think it works, at least, the text is in Spanish.

The file is here: hxxp:personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/greguren/AdvancedVisualVerification_1-0_es.zip [nonactive]

wibo

Quote from: RoarinRow on September 18, 2006, 10:45:54 PM
I got these errors.  Any idea how to resolve:

File: /forum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1379

For the Search and PM options, I left them unchecked in the Control Panel, but I left the default number 5 in the box.

I installed the mod yesterday.
I have a lot of these errors as well.

J. Williams

The only fix for now is changing them to checked
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Harzem

Sorry for any inconvenience, I have several server issues, I made two migration within a short time, most of my websites are offline for more than a week, even a month for few, I can't deliver any emails sent to @harzem.com (try sending an email to dilbermc@harzem.com), I've spend 99.95$ for nothing but server tests, still my apache on the server is broken and I can't get online. I currently own three VPS machines and no flawless website.

I'll be updating the mod with a huge change (code based) after I'm again on my feet.

Sam_Gordon

Quote from: J J Williams on October 30, 2006, 04:08:15 PM
The only fix for now is changing them to checked

:)
Yes, sure. But i don't need that.

exrace

I have installed this neat mod right after the latest RC3 patch and the images do not generate.
What apache lib support is needed for the image generation? 
The image has "action=verificationcode;rand=82f7b2a8f751acd56e1cb7d38bf18941" for the link and the "listen to the letters" works fine.

wibo

Please can you tell me when will there be an update?

There are a lot of errors now in my error log.

8: Undefined index: profile_updated_own

many many errors like this since 3 days when I installed this mod.

The visualisation images are nice and clear but if there will be not an upgrade I think I have to uninstall the mod.

Harzem

Yes there will be an update. Read my previous post please.

Quote from: HarzeM on October 30, 2006, 04:14:07 PM
Sorry for any inconvenience, I have several server issues, I made two migration within a short time, most of my websites are offline for more than a week, even a month for few, I can't deliver any emails sent to @harzem.com (try sending an email to dilbermc@harzem.com), I've spend 99.95$ for nothing but server tests, still my apache on the server is broken and I can't get online. I currently own three VPS machines and no flawless website.

I'll be updating the mod with a huge change (code based) after I'm again on my feet.

paster_cobra

i installed the advance verification mon..everything installed and checked out fine..when i going into the setup i get the following error

Unable to load the 'verification_settings' template

also no one can register for forum

can someone PLEASE help using rc 3

i am using the Silver_Shine v2 theme

www.shadowbattalion.com/forum

Spanko

Hello,
i have a problem. i have the german language pack installed and my forum uses the german language.

today i installed the bot and at the registration form is the new visual verification, but i dont have it in the admin.

i tried to edit the xml-file and changed the index.english.php into index.german.php. after that and the new install i have it in the admin, but the registration form sends a failure notice.

what must i change and what not to have it at the registration form and at the german admin?

thx

Laibeus Lord

Errors / bugs

Part I.
Even if member and guest PM, search and posting are enabled, no captcha is being loaded.  Basically, only works for me on the registration page.

Part II.
These are the errors I get.

8: Undefined index: verificationAskGuestSearch
File: /home/laibcom/public_html/boards/Sources/Search.php
Line: 298

File: /home/laibcom/public_html/boards/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1391

Errors show even with the settings "unchecked" and with the core theme and any other theme (with all the theme settings properly and correctly added).

Thanks

Deirdre

Quote from: ragots on October 12, 2006, 06:51:48 PM
Hello people, I'm posting this again.

When I log in as admin  and I try to edit a post done by a guest,
when I try to save the changes, I get the error message telling me that I did not type the correct captcha code, although the captcha dialog did not come up while I edited the message left by the user.

Daniel15 said he found a fix for this.
What is that fix ?

Does HarzeM has a fix ?
The one you proposed did not work.
Just for the record, i had the same problem.
Don't know if my fix is correct, but it works.

In Post.php :

if (empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) && empty($modSettings['verificationDontAskGuestPost']))

Replace :

// Check whether the visual verification code was entered correctly, and we are not modifying the message.
if (empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) && empty($modSettings['verificationDontAskGuestPost']) && isset($_REQUEST['msg']) && !empty($topic) && !allowedTo('moderate_forum'))

Morning

Hi,

I had an installation error.

Said a problem with Packages/./temp directory. I made the directory by hand, tried again, install completed.

I cannot find the register-> .... Visual Settings, or whatver text that is supposed to be.

Trying to uninstall, so I can install it again, buit getting the following message:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

rises@x054:[/www/htdocs/rises]ls -ld Packages   
drwxrwsr-x   3 rises    www             256 Nov 06 11:43 Packages

Daniel15

Quoterises@x054:[/www/htdocs/rises]ls -ld Packages   
drwxrwsr-x   3 rises    www             256 Nov 06 11:43 Packages
It's not world writable, so unless you're using PHP suexec, you'll need to make it world writable:

chmod a+w Packages
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Advertisement: