News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel15

QuoteI'll be fixing them when releasing 1.1 version (tomorrow).
Is it possible to upgrade from the current version to this version? I installed the current version on SMF 1.1 Final (as I posted above).
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Harzem

I'm afraid upgrading may not be possible. I'm planning to remove the database system and use the session system. The mod already uses the session system to count the number of PMs without verification etc, but I'm planning to fully transfer to sessions. This may mean the code changes will be more than a few lines, so upgrade may not be possible.

Extra features I'm planning are:

- Post count limit for PM verifications
- Post count limit for search verifications
- Ask verification for PMs that have multiple recipients
- Ask verification when a member with less than X posts is posting (or posting a link)
- Ask verification when sending a topic to a friend
- Ask verification when visiting the member list
- Ask verification when trying to see the email address of a member
- Integrate to the "user email system" of vbgamer45
- Ask verification after incorrect password attempts (like gmail)

All will be optional, but these may take some time to complete. I hope I'll be able to finish it today.

mark7144

Lill-Micke

Quote from: HarzeM on December 07, 2006, 03:38:41 AM
I'm afraid upgrading may not be possible. I'm planning to remove the database system and use the session system. The mod already uses the session system to count the number of PMs without verification etc, but I'm planning to fully transfer to sessions. This may mean the code changes will be more than a few lines, so upgrade may not be possible.

Extra features I'm planning are:

- Post count limit for PM verifications
- Post count limit for search verifications
- Ask verification for PMs that have multiple recipients
- Ask verification when a member with less than X posts is posting (or posting a link)
- Ask verification when sending a topic to a friend
- Ask verification when visiting the member list
- Ask verification when trying to see the email address of a member
- Integrate to the "user email system" of vbgamer45
- Ask verification after incorrect password attempts (like gmail)

All will be optional, but these may take some time to complete. I hope I'll be able to finish it today.

Hi HarzeM!

This great mod is installed on my board and I looking forward to your next generation of (Advanced Visual Verification)

Thanks a lot for the time that you are putting in to this mod!

//Micke
On my page:
MKPortal M1.1.1
SMF 1.1.1

mark7144

Lill-Micke

Quote from: mark7144 on December 09, 2006, 04:57:03 AM
I want it now!  :'(

You have to wait my friend!  :)
You don't get this great mod eny faster by asking for it all the time...
On my page:
MKPortal M1.1.1
SMF 1.1.1

Dirk67

how kind, friendly and thankful some people can be...

Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

mark7144

Quote from: Dirk67 on December 09, 2006, 05:32:16 AM

how kind, friendly and thankful some people can be...

Indeed, my desperate acts of begging just shows my huge appreciation of the mod :)

Niteblade

The problem with creating a useful and helpful modification is that a lot of people will want it !!

Perhaps "demands" can be interpreted as "unsophisticated compliments."

;D
affiliate blog

Piwaille

Quote from: Daniel15 on December 06, 2006, 07:01:56 AM
This MOD is compatible with SMF 1.1, just you need to do a few things to install it...

Using Daniel's info, I've modified the mod...
I've got one error into register.template.php ... but the 1.1final is already in the moded form...

I've added french translation...

It installes ...; but it dosn't work  :(
With IE (not tested on other explorer) when a anonymous posts, the page doesn't end refreshing ... whether the code is right or not  :-\

When I manage to force the end of page submission... it as lost it's session ...
so it's is not usable as it :-\
Piwaille
le chant du vario est motorisé par SMF 1.1.15

rejetto

you can try installing my version

Piwaille

Quote from: rejetto on December 09, 2006, 12:16:28 PM
you can try installing my version

was not very easy as there is no de installator   :-\
manage to desintall my old one, install yours ...
ran into the same time out :-[ and same session lost while posting
Piwaille
le chant du vario est motorisé par SMF 1.1.15

Gobo

always test 'new' or alpha or beta mods on test sites before applying to live sites!

I usually always do that but yesterday I was reminded of that again when a mod install went bad lol - but luckily i recovered

just some advice for those testing non-official versions of mods on their live sites

for me....im just gona wait for harzems official mod release :D

f4five1

any chance this is ever going to be ready for 1.1 final?

Benson

Could it be that spambots are recognizing the code now? I had a report that there were spam-bots posting on a board where i'm using this CAPTCHA-Mod...

EDIT: Ok seems like messages are saved even the entered code is wrong!!!

Daniel15

QuoteCould it be that spambots are recognizing the code now? I had a report that there were spam-bots posting on a board where i'm using this CAPTCHA-Mod...
No, not really. Most likely, it's a human doing it...
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

nokonium

I'm just posting to say that I've updated to 1.1 final and the one with SMF is still pants. I really miss having AVV.

Benson

Ok, the problem is that with the fix below captchas are displayed for guests, but if the entered code is wrong or they even don't enter anything the entry is saved! So i made the changes undone, now captcha verification is working as it should but now admins can't edit guest posts again...

Quote from: HarzeM on October 03, 2006, 04:47:32 PM
The exact solution is this:

Open Post.php, find:

// Check whether the visual verification code was entered correctly.
if (empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) && empty($modSettings['verificationDontAskGuestPost']))

replace:

// Check whether the visual verification code was entered correctly, and we are not modifying the message.
if (empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) && empty($modSettings['verificationDontAskGuestPost']) && isset($_REQUEST['msg']) && !empty($topic))

I'll release 1.0.1 bug fix version soon. But not right today. Thanks for pointing out.

Please let me know if this worked, because I didn't try.

mark7144

I'm a bit dissapointed that HazeM isn't simply making this mod compaitible but rather is adding features first whilst we must wait.

Surely it is more sensible to quickly make the mod compaitible, release the new version, THEN start working on future features?

Gobo

Advertisement: