Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark7144

Quote from: akulion on December 10, 2006, 09:23:53 AM
well u cant hurry a master piece :D
But you can hurry a few little things to make it compatible with a new release.

Of course don't rush all the features but that should be after the compatibility update.

Harzem

Quote from: mark7144 on December 10, 2006, 11:12:37 AM
Of course don't rush all the features but that should be after the compatibility update.

Agreed, and 1.1 compatibility added right now. No new features. Only fixes of the reported bugs and 1.1 compatibility. There may still be bugs, so please inform me so I can fix them for the next feature release.

Gobo

woo hoo :D thanks Harzem!! :D

ill be the first to install :D

on test site 1st and then on live site :D thanks

***added***
installed on test site without errors :D
installed on live site without errors :D :D

~dragonfly~

Thank you for updating this mod.   :)   I also was able to install with no errors.

mark7144

Quote from: HarzeM on December 10, 2006, 12:45:42 PM
Quote from: mark7144 on December 10, 2006, 11:12:37 AM

Agreed, and 1.1 compatibility added right now. No new features. Only fixes of the reported bugs and 1.1 compatibility. There may still be bugs, so please inform me so I can fix them for the next feature release.
Thanks, much appreciated!!

Niteblade

I installed it on my site without errors, too.

But I can't see the image.

Am attempting to troubleshoot.

Will report back later.

http://forum.midessa.net/status.php?php

I do have gd installed.

The image "http://forum.midessa.net/index.php?action=verificationcode" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

* nite0859 bets it has something to do with the compiled php executable ,,..

It has something to do with index.template.php ... [still searching..]

It DID have something to do with index.template.php. Your mod works great. It was something on my end. To correct it, what I did was install tinyportal on a test site on a clean install. I used the resulting "index.template.php" to compare it to the one that was on my live site. Anyhow, I fixed it. And it works... Great! Nice job as always.
affiliate blog

Martje

:) Thanks HarzeM
its very much appreciated!!

Lachlan

Is it at all possible to download the version for 1.1 RC3? I cant find a link anywhere, only to the updated version :)

NeFReT

Daniel15

Thanks for the update HarzeM! :)
Now I need to uninstall the one I installed...
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

badman2nd

First thank you for the update. I am showing a problem on my forum, it works great for registering and for guest use but my members PMs it shows up twice, once above the message box and then again below the box. this way you cannot send a message. I then went to the admin panel and unchecked the box for using on pms and it does not go away. Can anyone check theirs ans see if it is just me?

Thanks

Pat

badman2nd

Here's a screen shot on my PM post.

Pat

Daniel15

I've installed the new version, and it appears to be working fine (well, I had a problem with Register.php [it was blank for some strange reason], but I reuploaded it and it's fine now).

I think I found a bug, though: If I click on the 'Listen to the letters' link on the registration page, the letters that are read out are not the same letters in the picture! :P
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.

Niteblade

On my site, I generated 5 different images & listened to it being read each time.

No problems here.
affiliate blog

f4five1

installed 1.1 version successfully but cannot see image or audio...I've seen some people with same problem.  Can anyone elaborate on fix for this?

Thanks

Nurdle

I'm having some issues with the mod. Works fine on the default themes but having issue manually editing the files to work on the Pn-Pn & Ig-Oh theme by Koni. It works fine on the registration pages but not anything else. I am currently running version 1.1 of SMF.

The files I manually edited are......

post.template.php
search.template.php
personalmessage.template.php

Are these the correct files that need editing?
If I should have posted this in Themes board i'm sorry!  :-[

Nurdle

Harzem

Quote from: badman2nd on December 10, 2006, 08:37:23 PM
First thank you for the update. I am showing a problem on my forum, it works great for registering and for guest use but my members PMs it shows up twice, once above the message box and then again below the box. this way you cannot send a message. I then went to the admin panel and unchecked the box for using on pms and it does not go away. Can anyone check theirs ans see if it is just me?

Thanks

Pat

Yes, you should disable the default verification of SMF 1.1 in PMs. It is disabled via Features and Options. I'll be automatically disabling it in the next release.

Quote from: Daniel15 on December 11, 2006, 01:06:16 AM
I've installed the new version, and it appears to be working fine (well, I had a problem with Register.php [it was blank for some strange reason], but I reuploaded it and it's fine now).

I think I found a bug, though: If I click on the 'Listen to the letters' link on the registration page, the letters that are read out are not the same letters in the picture! :P

This is not expected :o Can you give me a link?

Quote from: nite0859 on December 11, 2006, 01:48:17 AM
On my site, I generated 5 different images & listened to it being read each time.

No problems here.

Thank you :P

Quote from: f4five1 on December 11, 2006, 02:37:40 AM
installed 1.1 version successfully but cannot see image or audio...I've seen some people with same problem.  Can anyone elaborate on fix for this?

Thanks

A link to a post page please?

Quote from: Nurdle on December 11, 2006, 04:15:22 AM
I'm having some issues with the mod. Works fine on the default themes but having issue manually editing the files to work on the Pn-Pn & Ig-Oh theme by Koni. It works fine on the registration pages but not anything else. I am currently running version 1.1 of SMF.

The files I manually edited are......

post.template.php
search.template.php
personalmessage.template.php

Are these the correct files that need editing?
If I should have posted this in Themes board i'm sorry!  :-[

Nurdle

Yes, they are the correct files. Make sure the Sources files are also edited.

Daniel15

QuoteThis is not expected  Can you give me a link?
http://www.daniel15.com/forum/
My Register.php and Register.template.php are both unedited from the original SMF 1.1 versions (apart from the Advanced Visual Verification MOD code, obviously)

Wow, HarzeM, you have magical powers! It seems to be fixed now :P OK, it was probably a problem with my web host's transparent proxy caching things incorrectly...

Although, I have a problem with guest posting (forgot to mention this before):
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.
I'm assuming that since the session is timing out, it's losing the code, and hence assuming that it's incorrect. This is probably not a problem with your MOD, but I thought I should post it here just in case. The funny thing is, this happens sporadically... If I try it a few times, it works fine. I have no idea what's causing this problem...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, guest replying is enabled in the Announcements board on my site. You can try it out, if you like.

EDIT 2: I'm thinking it's a theme problem (I'm using Bloc's Apollo), but I have no idea what to look for...

bob

Works great using distorted lines, thanks!

I show nothing however when trying to trying to preview using random colors. I see that it says "Not all servers may be able to display this". What in particular needs to be added to the server configuration to support random colors??

Advertisement: