News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vengeance

Dear HarzeM,
before i start, i would like to say "thank you" for your great mod and your support.
I just use your visual verification mod and i became a error message like this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare verificationsettings() (previously declared in /xxxxxx/xxxxxx/forum/Sources/ManageRegistration.php:313) in /xxxxxx/xxxxx/forum/Sources/ManageRegistration.php on line 384

The error message came, when you click on the "registration" button in admin menu. Install and reinstall of the mod take no effects.

Thanks,
vengeance
hxxp:forum.canikon.de [nonactive]
- canon/nikon blog | community | foto art -

Harzem

Can you uninstall the mod, upload a fresh copy of ManageRegistration.php and then re-apply?

vengeance

Quote from: HarzeM on December 11, 2006, 02:41:21 PM
Can you uninstall the mod, upload a fresh copy of ManageRegistration.php and then re-apply?

No, i can't uninstall without a error. The uninstall routine calls a error at: ./Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Should i uninstall anyway?

There's now a new error Message after re-installing the package:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_verification_settings() (previously declared in /xxxxx/xxxxx/forum/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code:656) in /xxxxx/xxxxx/forum/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code on line 840

Damn, i think i crashed something...

Harzem

Do you have any other mods installed?

vengeance

Quote from: HarzeM on December 11, 2006, 02:53:25 PM
Do you have any other mods installed?
Yes,  i installed the "EXIF Mod" (V1.2) and "Deutsche Kalender Tage" mods. The "Deutsche Kalender Tage" Mod insert only some feasts- dates in the SMF calendar - that's all. Got you an idea what happend?

Harzem

I don't know, but you may try uploading fresh files and start over. You have very few mods, that shouldn't be a pain :)

vengeance

I uinstalled the mod and uploaded the complete fresh "source" folder - I still got an error when I click on the registration button in the Admin- center. It says:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_verification_settings() (previously declared in /xxxxx/xxxxx/forum/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code:676) in /xxxxx/xxxxx/forum/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code on line 860

Should/must I upload something else as the "source" folder?

I hope that you can help me.
Sorry, I'm a Noob.

Harzem

It looks you also should re-upload the default theme folder (only php files).

vengeance

Ah, I got it! That's it! I tried to upload the "register.template.php" in the themes folder - and than it works.
I will now to go to install your mod again - and then it will hopefully work.

Thank you so much for your support!!

rucanunes

Hi,

I tried to install this Mod on SMF 1.1 RC3 and it returns this error:
"This mod doesn't seem to support your SMF version.". Is there a
way to install it on this SMF version?

Thank you,
Ralph Nunes
Sala dos Professores http://www.saladosprofessores.com

f4five1

Quote from: f4five1 on December 11, 2006, 02:37:40 AM
installed 1.1 version successfully but cannot see image or audio...I've seen some people with same problem.  Can anyone elaborate on fix for this?

Thanks

A link to a post page please?

Here ya go:

www.fahrenheit4five1.info/moviezoop/index.php

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give!!

jcompton

Are the instructions for manual permission changes available somewhere (and if not, can you make them available?) My server doesn't like the package manager's automated attempt and I cannot easily glean from this thread or from the documentation exactly what needs to be created/modified.

Badmovies.org

I upgraded from 1.1RC3 to 1.1 and attempted to install this mod first.  The following error happens:

2.     Execute Modification     -     Modification parse error

It will run, but the options for Advanced Visual Verification never appear.  These are the steps I have tried:

Checking all permissions on files in the forum.
Uploading a fresh copy of SMF 1.1.
I am using Helios Multi for my theme.  I changed it to SMF default and tried to run the mod, but still no joy.  Other mods seem to install fine.  I am running MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.2.  I wonder if the problem is the PHP version?

For kicks, I deleted the table that the mod creates in the database and tried running the mod again.  It did create the table again, so it gets that far. 

I am currently looking at the instructions to install a mod manually.  Ick.
Andrew Borntreger
Champion of Cinematic Disasters
The Bad Movie Website
www.badmovies.org

Daniel15

QuoteI am currently looking at the instructions to install a mod manually.  Ick.
This will help you a lot:
Upload the package-info.xml file to http://server.daniel15.com/smf_xml/package-info.php?action=file, and the install.xml file to http://server.daniel15.com/smf_xml/modification.php?action=file. It will tell you exactly what to do, in a nicely-formatted form :)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Dirk67

Quote from: Daniel15 on December 12, 2006, 02:55:51 AM
This will help you a lot:
Upload the package-info.xml file to http://server.daniel15.com/smf_xml/package-info.php?action=file, and the install.xml file to http://server.daniel15.com/smf_xml/modification.php?action=file. It will tell you exactly what to do, in a nicely-formatted form :)

That's quite cool man  :D
Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

Daniel15

QuoteThat's quite cool man
Thanks ;)
I did that as soon as I discovered PHP 5's SimpleXML functions... Both scripts are quite short (modification.php is 99 lines, and package-info.php is 128 lines)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

nokonium

I've just installed the version for 1.1 and have found two problems. When AVV is turned on for PM's no graphic displays and all the avatars appear with horizontal scroll bars. The scroll bars go when it is turned off.

Using SMF 1.1 Final

and

1.   SMF Arcade   1.3.1-MOD-E1.5     
2.   TinyPortal   0.97     
3.   Googlebot & Spiders Mod   2.0.2     
4.   Location Mod   1.2     
5.   Advanced Visual Verification   1.1     
6.   Users Online Today Mod   1.4.0b3     
7.   Move Old Topics   1.2     
8.   Karma Blocks Package V.03   0.3     
9.   Location Mod - Additional Maps   1.2

Harzem

You should disable the default SMF image from features and options.

Avatars should have no relation to this mod ::)

nokonium

I don't understand what you mean by

Quote from: HarzeM on December 12, 2006, 04:40:31 PM
You should disable the default SMF image from features and options.

There are no image options in features and options and the SMF VV was turned off in Registration when the mod was installed.

Quote from: HarzeM on December 12, 2006, 04:40:31 PM
Avatars should have no relation to this mod ::)

That is what I thought, but when the AVV for PM's was unchecked they returned to normal. This was in Opera 9, I didn't check it with other browsers.

f4five1

Any ideas to the cause of my problem yet?

Advertisement: