Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laibeus Lord

Hmm... the verification do not show up when creating a PM.  As in nothing, but it does check if the code supposedly entered is correct.

Using Default template.
I checked everything and all things are properly inserted, replaced, etc.

Any idea?

Thanks!

julien

vityusha

Please, help!
When i try to apply mod (Advanced Visual Verification 1.1) on SMF 1.1 Final i got in the "Installations actions for "Advanced Visual Verification" error message:
Execute Modification     -     Modification parse error

After pressing "Install now" i got "The package was installed successfully" message. But this mod doesn't appear anywhere - neither in "registration" in admin section, nor in registration and post forms.
What's wrong?

nediam

Have the same error like vityusha

MothMan

As do I, also on SMF 1.1 final... although  have not gone ahead and hit Install Now button...  I am getting the same error message though, on initially hitting Apply Mod.

--------------

1.     Execute Code                       installverification.php     
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
3.    Extract File                        ./Sources/Verification.php    
4.    Extract Tree                      ./Themes/default/ttf_fonts    

------------------

Checking the error log after this failed attempt reveals some errors:

Several notes of

----------------
"2: umask() has been disabled for security reasons"

------------------------

... but I think this is normal... I get these all the time after package installs, including successful package installs.

However, there is another error noted:

-------------------------
http://othersi.ulmb.com/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=AdvancedVisualVerification_1-1

2: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: Unable to access /hosted/subs/ulmb.com/o/t/othersi/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/ttf_fonts/
File: /hosted/subs/ulmb.com/o/t/othersi/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1232
--------------------------

My guess is, the problem lies in here somewhere... but I ahve no idea what the problem is.

Zeihold_von_SSL

How do I integrate the mod into a german board?

I don't know how to configure the mod while using german templates.

nokonium

I can add it bit more information, each of the members who reported that they didn't see the AVV graphic created a pair of error messages each time:

Quotehttp://our-local.co.uk/index.php?action=pm;sa=send2

Yes, the error, file and line do not appear in the error message, it isn't that I've not posted it

and

http://our-local.co.uk/index.php?action=pm;sa=send2
8: Undefined index: visual_verification_failed
File: /############/our-local/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1470

WarBirD

I can´t see it in the Admin Panel after the Installation of the Mod. I tested with default theme, its not there. Had no error while installation, everything went fine. Just isn´t there.

Anyone similiar problems ?

WarBirD

julien

Can anyone e-mail me the mod? The download link is broken...
Thanks!

WarBirD

Worked for me the download. Btw, how can someone mail something to you if you hide your Email in your Forum profile. ;)

WarBirD

julien

Quote from: WarBirD on December 14, 2006, 05:46:18 AM
Worked for me the download. Btw, how can someone mail something to you if you hide your Email in your Forum profile. ;)

WarBirD
Oh...  :-\
my adress:
info monkeything cadsite.be
Thanks!

WarBirD

Quote from: julien on December 14, 2006, 05:48:45 AM
Quote from: WarBirD on December 14, 2006, 05:46:18 AM

WarBirD
Oh...  :-\
my adress:
info monkeything cadsite.be
Thanks!

Send.

snifftheglove

Quote from: MothMan on December 13, 2006, 11:03:18 AM
As do I, also on SMF 1.1 final... although  have not gone ahead and hit Install Now button...  I am getting the same error message though, on initially hitting Apply Mod.

--------------

1.     Execute Code                       installverification.php     
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
3.    Extract File                        ./Sources/Verification.php    
4.    Extract Tree                      ./Themes/default/ttf_fonts    

I too have the same problem.
I did uninstalled TP 0.95 then uploaded the SMF 1.1 upgrade, then uploaded TP0.97 and then uploaded AVV1.1, when I got the above error I did continue the installation and it said all was OK at the end but I can not find any settings and even the guests can post with out the code  :(

EDIT-->
I tried to uninstall AVV and it said parse errors but I went ahead and then tried again to upload and this time go this message

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Code    installverification.php    
2.    Execute Modification    install.xml    Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/Verification.php    
5.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/ttf_fonts    

Any help would be great.

Only other mods on the forum is TP0.9.7

Zeihold_von_SSL

Quote from: WarBirD on December 14, 2006, 05:42:42 AM
I can´t see it in the Admin Panel after the Installation of the Mod. I tested with default theme, its not there. Had no error while installation, everything went fine. Just isn´t there.

Anyone similiar problems ?

WarBirD

I've the same problem. I think this happens while using another language then english.

Another problem are various error messages like:

8: Undefined index: verificationReadChars
Datei: /www/htdocs/wenzinga/testsmf/Themes/default/Register.template.php (eval?)
Zeile: 118

snifftheglove

I've the same problem. I think this happens while using another language then english.

Mine is just default English and the default theme.

I have also deleted everything from my 1.1 Final root directory, and then uploaded a new install, went with utf-8 and forums then working fine, then tried uploading AVV and got
1.    Execute Code    installverification.php   
2.    Execute Modification    install.xml    Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/Verification.php   
5.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/ttf_fonts   

Confused as this was a vanilla install of SMF1.1, follows by AVV a few seconds later. (No other mods installed)

Hope this helps

tarsia

Quote from: snifftheglove on December 14, 2006, 08:27:53 AM

Mine is just default English and the default theme.

I have also deleted everything from my 1.1 Final root directory, and then uploaded a new install, went with utf-8 and forums then working fine, then tried uploading AVV and got
1.    Execute Code    installverification.php   
2.    Execute Modification    install.xml    Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/Verification.php   
5.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/ttf_fonts   

Confused as this was a vanilla install of SMF1.1, follows by AVV a few seconds later. (No other mods installed)

Hope this helps

I have exactly the same problem. But I don't think it depends on the language (I tried it with in english and german).

I searched the forum and found two hints with similiar problems by other mods.

1st hint: Change the rights of the SMF-installation-folder (and subfolders) to WWW_RUN.
=> Tried this, but it doesn't help

2nd hint: Make a temp-folder in the package-folder with full rights (777) before installing the mod.
=> Tried this, but it doesn't help. The temp-folder is deleted after trying to add the mod.

Any help is welcome, because i would like to install the mod asap.

thanks, tarsia

SMF 1.1

snifftheglove

Also this is the error message from the log files

http://www.midlandrocketry.org.uk/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=AdvancedVisualVerification_1-1.zip

2: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32016 is not allowed to access /home/midland/public_html/Packages/temp owned by uid 99
File: /home/midland/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1232

Seranza

Quote from: badman2nd on December 10, 2006, 08:37:23 PM
First thank you for the update. I am showing a problem on my forum, it works great for registering and for guest use but my members PMs it shows up twice, once above the message box and then again below the box. this way you cannot send a message. I then went to the admin panel and unchecked the box for using on pms and it does not go away. Can anyone check theirs ans see if it is just me?

Thanks

Pat

I'm having this same problem, didn't have it with 1.0 on SMF 1.1 RC3.  Yes I've turned off the Image Verification for SMF, only way I can do so though is before installing this mod as it removes that option in ALL themes after it is installed.  Thing is, even if I turn it off then install this mod, I still have the problem and it persists even if I turn off the AVV completely.  Any other bright ideas other than "go into Features and Options and turn it off?" as that doesn't work.  This is a good mod, or was before 1.1 and SMF 1.1 Final.

MothMan

Quote2nd hint: Make a temp-folder in the package-folder with full rights (777) before installing the mod.
=> Tried this, but it doesn't help. The temp-folder is deleted after trying to add the mod.

Ditto

topdog2k

I dont recommend using this mod...way too many errors.  And too much fussing to get it working correctly.

Advertisement: