Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

works fine for me...   implementing this has cut my spam-bots down to ZERO
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lazo

I installed this mod successfully. but when i tried register an account, i got the code all wrong.
i tried a few times with different codes but all are wrong
any ideas?

MothMan

Quote from: MothMan on December 13, 2006, 11:03:18 AM
As do I, also on SMF 1.1 final... although  have not gone ahead and hit Install Now button...  I am getting the same error message though, on initially hitting Apply Mod.

--------------

1.     Execute Code                       installverification.php     
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
3.    Extract File                        ./Sources/Verification.php    
4.    Extract Tree                      ./Themes/default/ttf_fonts    

------------------

Checking the error log after this failed attempt reveals some errors:

Several notes of

----------------
"2: umask() has been disabled for security reasons"

------------------------

... but I think this is normal... I get these all the time after package installs, including successful package installs.

However, there is another error noted:

-------------------------
http://othersi.ulmb.com/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=AdvancedVisualVerification_1-1

2: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: Unable to access /hosted/subs/ulmb.com/o/t/othersi/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/ttf_fonts/
File: /hosted/subs/ulmb.com/o/t/othersi/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1232
--------------------------

My guess is, the problem lies in here somewhere... but I have no idea what the problem is.

Any ideas, anyone?

Harzem

Modification parse error , mkdir(), umask() errors are completely becasue of your server configuration and has nothing to do with this modification. Sorry. You should search this forum and find general solutions.

[tiktaktok]

Any idea what server setting leads to teh parse error?

Thanks
http://savegaia.de [nofollow]

MothMan

HarzeM, thanks for the response.  Seems the mod is not meant to be for me, the reported problem is a mystery.

Annihilator

Same "modification parse error". Happens after a clean, unmodded & uncustomized install of SMF 1.1 as well.
Running Windows Server 2003 Standard x64, IIS 6.0 (in 32-bit mode), PHP 5.2.0 (32-bit), MySQL 5.0.27 (32-bit). Full permissions granted to the web server process for accessing the forum folder. All other mods install successfully.

tarsia

Quote from: Annihilator on December 18, 2006, 04:40:41 AM
Same "modification parse error". Happens after a clean, unmodded & uncustomized install of SMF 1.1 as well.
Running Windows Server 2003 Standard x64, IIS 6.0 (in 32-bit mode), PHP 5.2.0 (32-bit), MySQL 5.0.27 (32-bit). Full permissions granted to the web server process for accessing the forum folder. All other mods install successfully.

Hi Annihilator,

as i get the same error (se above) on an apache-server.  May the error depends on the PHP-Safe-Mode of the Server? I weakly remember, that i read something like that in the forum, but i can't find it again.

Could you to turn the safe-mode on/off and try to install the mod in both settings. As my webspace is on a shared-server i can't change the setting.

Maybe that's a hint.

tarsia
SMF 1.1

Dirk67

Quote from: HarzeM on December 17, 2006, 01:01:04 PM
Modification parse error , mkdir(), umask() errors are completely becasue of your server configuration and has nothing to do with this modification. Sorry. You should search this forum and find general solutions.

Why did all other mods install well then ?
(on the same server / same clean installation ?)
--> any idea ?
Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

vityusha

Quote from: tarsia on December 18, 2006, 05:53:31 AM
Could you to turn the safe-mode on/off and try to install the mod in both settings. As my webspace is on a shared-server i can't change the setting.
Modification parse error occures both in safe-mode on/off php settings.

MothMan

Just a heads up for people with this problem... as a test, through the aid of a helpful fellow SMF'er, I tried moving my forum to a different server, and then tried installing this mod again.. it installed perfectly.

No changes of anything in my forum software, coding (other than updating the directory references to the new server), etc... just a different server ... so, while I have no idea what the problem was, it certainly is an issue with the server... at least in my case.

[tiktaktok]

Moving to a new hoster soon too - for "mod_rewrite", will test than again ...
http://savegaia.de [nofollow]

gregy

Hi!

Honestly i haven't read all 23 pages :(

I'm looking for language strings i have to add into my language files. I have some errors in Forum error log aoput verification due to missing language string. I just cannopt find them comparig to moded english files  :(

thanks in advance

snifftheglove

I think I might have found the reason for the Modification parse errors. It might be down to the version of PHP you are running.
Please see my posting
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=135698.0

Quote from: snifftheglove on December 14, 2006, 08:27:53 AM

I've the same problem. I think this happens while using another language then english.

Mine is just default English and the default theme.

I have also deleted everything from my 1.1 Final root directory, and then uploaded a new install, went with utf-8 and forums then working fine, then tried uploading AVV and got
1.    Execute Code    installverification.php   
2.    Execute Modification    install.xml    Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/Verification.php   
5.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/ttf_fonts   

Confused as this was a vanilla install of SMF1.1, follows by AVV a few seconds later. (No other mods installed)

Hope this helps

snifftheglove

Oh, by the way the above post was me trying to install SMF1.1.1 upgrade, so I don't know if it will fix AVV install as AVV fails to install because of my forum now being SMF1.1.1 and not SMF1.1

I will give feedback once AVV gets upgraded for SMF1.1.1

Thanks

Badmovies.org

I found this same thing.  Rolling my PHP version back to the 4 series let me finally get past the parse error.  However, now I cannot install the AV Mod, due to the update to 1.1.1.  Waiting for the update myself, though hopefully it is not a lot of work for HarzeM.  Having to constantly update your mods is surefire way to discourage authors.
Andrew Borntreger
Champion of Cinematic Disasters
The Bad Movie Website
www.badmovies.org

Kindred

I am getting:
8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM
File: /dir.../Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1471

it doesn't appear to be causing errors from the users' point of view, but it's filling my error log right quickly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

J. Williams

Quote from: Kindred on December 19, 2006, 10:42:04 AM
I am getting:
8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM
File: /dir.../Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1471

it doesn't appear to be causing errors from the users' point of view, but it's filling my error log right quickly.

As of what I remember, when the Ask Verification for PM is unchecked; it has no value in which   it uses a blank value which results in the undefined index error.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Kindred

Ok...  fixed that error by doing this:
changing:
      $_SESSION['verificationAskPM'] ++;

to:
   if(!empty($_SESSION['verificationAskPM']))
      $_SESSION['verificationAskPM'] ++;
   else
      $_SESSION['verificationAskPM'] = 1;

but I am also getting:
8: Undefined index: use_graphic_library
File: /dir.../Themes/default/Register.template.php (eval?)
Line: 59

line 59 is:
if ($context['use_graphic_library'])

but context is correctly defined earlier in the function...
Слaва
Украинi

Harzem

The last error might be because of my incorrect implementation for 1.1, I was rushed. I'll have a look.

Until I release a fix, you may use that line as

if (isset($context['use_graphic_library']) && $context['use_graphic_library'] == true)

Advertisement: