News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laibeus Lord

Anyone else having problems for the captcha not showing in PMs even after a successful install??

(SMF1.1 Final)

willi1

Hello,

thanks for the great mod,

can i use it with vers 1.1.1?

best regards

FoneBone

Just open the package-info.xml in the zip-file and modify these two lines:
<install for="1.1">
<uninstall for="1.1">

to:

<install for="1.1, 1.1.1">
<uninstall for="1.1, 1.1.1">

In my case, it works  8)

And for all people, who wants to use this mod in their german boards, here's a language mod ;)

willi1

danke, thanks

it works great  :)

best regards

willi1

Badmovies.org

Ah, quite sad to report that I cannot install version 1.1 of the Mod to a SMF 1.1.1 forum.  This is from a clean install of 1.1, then immediately upgraded to 1.1.1.  I made the changes to package-info.  No other mods have been installed.  When I tell it to install, the following errors appear:

2.     Execute Modification     ./index.php                                         Test failed
9.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Search.template.php     Test failed
12.    Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageRegistration.php       Test failed

Installing it anyway definitely causes issues, such as this in registration:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare verificationsettings() (previously declared in /home/mydir/public_html/forum_test/Sources/ManageRegistration.php:312) in /home/mydir/public_html/forum_test/Sources/ManageRegistration.php on line 383

Attempting to uninstall, I get the following error every time:

9.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/PersonalMessage.php     Test failed

After the uninstall, registration still does not work.  The only way to get it to work is to upload a clean copy of SMF and start over.
Andrew Borntreger
Champion of Cinematic Disasters
The Bad Movie Website
www.badmovies.org

Fiery

When I enable AVV I get the following message when I try to send a personal message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: verificationnotexceed() in forums/Sources/PersonalMessage.php on line 1093

It only occurs when I enable AVV on sending personal messages.  Does this have anything to do with the fact I have a non default theme?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Brian

Update:  This appears to occur with everything that has to do with AVV

Simple Machinist

Can we expect an update to be released that supports the new version of SMF 1.1.1?

I made the modificaitons to the package-info.xml file as sugessted by FoneBone, but after the mod is uploaded to the Forum it still wont install because I think there are other issues relating to the recent upgrade to SMF 1.1.1

Any other thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.

best wishes,

Marc

J. Williams

It will be updated when HarzeM has time to update it.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

carbonize

But the mod is made by HarzeM not Forsakenlad.
C a r b o n i z e

J. Williams

Sorry about that, two different topics messed up; got to fix the second.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

sasquatch

I wasn't able to install this on smf 1.1.1: I uploaded the extracted archive into my packages folder, went into admin panel -> browse packages -> apply mod and got the following:
Installation Readme
This mod doesn't seem to support your SMF version.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Advanced Visual Verification":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

Looking forward to getting this mod working.

r_kstro

in smf 1.1.1 when wishing to install the modification it appears an error indicating that it is not possible to be installed.

as this can be solved?

:( :( :( :( :(

Dirk67

good mod, works now fine for me on V.1.1.1

another question:

Quote from: HarzeM on December 12, 2006, 04:40:31 PM
You should disable the default SMF image from features and options.

Is this still needed (using the actual versions ?)
anyhow, I can not find the setting "default SMF image" within the  "Features and Options" dialog
which one do you mean ?
Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

snifftheglove

Quote from: Dirk67 on December 31, 2006, 09:38:52 AM
good mod, works now fine for me on V.1.1.1

Do you mean you installed AVV onto 1.1.1 or was AVV already running and then you upgraded to SMF 1.1.1

Uexplode

I cant get It to work whit 1.1.1. I get this when I try to install. "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

Any cool awnser how to fix that?=)
Never straight and narrow
I won't keep in time
Tend to burn the arrow
Out of the line
www.tuvebrink.se

Dirk67

Quote from: snifftheglove on January 01, 2007, 05:18:09 AM
Do you mean you installed AVV onto 1.1.1 or was AVV already running and then you upgraded to SMF 1.1.1
Yes,
I installed AVV onto 1.1.1 (AVV was not running before)

Just did the trick like "FoneBone" described it just one page before:
--> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114620.msg867913#msg867913
Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

RSprinkel

YEah I did it too, but the ONE primary theme that I wanted apparently didn't like it as it didn't allow the code to work on it as nothing showed.  So I decided to remove it, well thats where the headaches come in so BEWARE if you have to uninstall it.  IF you do have to, plan on reuploading all the folders and files once again and do an overwrite

Kindred

jujst about EVERY mod will require you to manually install some portions if you are running something other than the default theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crash3903

Folks I have this installed but when I test it all i see is the background image

I can listen to the letters but they are not appearing??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

crash3903

Quote from: crash3903 on January 02, 2007, 02:42:13 PM
Folks I have this installed but when I test it all i see is the background image

I can listen to the letters but they are not appearing??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

I have resolved it now - Uninstalled it, deleted the Register.template.php and uploaded a fresh one from my backup, re uploaded the mod and installed it and it all works fine now except for PM's but I am not that bothered - Just for info of others

Regards

Mark

Advertisement: