News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_dave

Quote from: Kindred on January 04, 2007, 05:29:44 PM
it's working just fine for me on 3 different forums using 1.1.1

first u installed SMF 1.1.1 pack or AVV?

lexhair

I installed AVV while I was running 1.1. No problems after I upgraded to 1.1.1.

I run php version 4.4.4.

haartester

Quote from: lexhair on January 09, 2007, 09:42:59 PM
[...]
Same with me. The other way round AVV did not work correctly and uninstalling AVV thereafter led to errors while trying to register.

lexhair

Quote from: just_dave on January 10, 2007, 03:06:02 AM

I run php version 4.4.4.

i did exactly the same, but regular members cannot send PM (administrators can). I tried to remove AVV code from PersonalMessage.php and PersonalMessage.template.php but it didnt help.
i also tried to remove 1.1.1. Still not working.
Any ideas, how to make PMs work?
Sorry, I can't replicate this. I just created a new member and sent a PM without a problem. Are your PM settings in "Features and Options" correct? Check the post count switch which forces a AVV before sending.

busy_one

I run 1.1.1 and made the mistake(?) to update with AVV activated. AVV wouldn't work but after deinstalling it, still the (nice) big AVV-letters showed on registration-attempts. But they displayed the wrong code! Boy some quite days until I realised that. :o

I tried the <install for="1.1, 1.1.1"> hack, but got an error-message that index.php failed. Obviously the installer searches for something like array('Register.php', 'VerificationCode') but in my installation there it says array('Register.php', 'Register').

I changed that but still got an error concerning index.php but this time after entering the FTP-connecting data.

If anyone has an idea how I could at least use the build-in registration, please tell - I have (among some dumb bots) a very annoying spammer on my back with fake IPs and valid, unsuspicious email-accounts.

BFG

Hey HarzeM. Firstly thanks for the mod it looks excellent. However we have recently upgraded our forums having struggled with a bout of spammers. We are running 1.1.1 and i was wondering how long it might be before you have this mod running under the latest smf release?

Cheers

just_dave

Quote from: lexhair on January 10, 2007, 11:00:49 AM
Quote from: just_dave on January 10, 2007, 03:06:02 AM

I run php version 4.4.4.

i did exactly the same, but regular members cannot send PM (administrators can). I tried to remove AVV code from PersonalMessage.php and PersonalMessage.template.php but it didnt help.
i also tried to remove 1.1.1. Still not working.
Any ideas, how to make PMs work?
Sorry, I can't replicate this. I just created a new member and sent a PM without a problem. Are your PM settings in "Features and Options" correct? Check the post count switch which forces a AVV before sending.

well... i feel kind of embarrassed :/ I didn't setup minimum postcount needed to send PM. Default value is five. My community spammer helped me :)

dooie

Will this be upgraded to work with SMF 1.1.1?

I am having lots of trouble with robots signing up and SPAMing my forum. This would come in very handy and would be greatly appreciated if it was able to work with the newest update of SMF 1.1.1

Cheers

Daniel Hofverberg

The current version seems to be working fine for SMF 1.1.1. I was able to install it with no problems, when I added the ;version_emulate=1.1 string to the package manager URL. I have had it running for a week on 1.1.1, and haven't found any problems so far.

That said though, I'd love to see a new version soon with CAPTCHA added also for the "Send topic" screen, as that feature is pretty much impossible to have enabled for guests for the time being.

korby

Quote from: Daniel Hofverberg on January 12, 2007, 08:54:54 PM
The current version seems to be working fine for SMF 1.1.1. I was able to install it with no problems, when I added the ;version_emulate=1.1 string to the package manager URL. I have had it running for a week on 1.1.1, and haven't found any problems so far.

That said though, I'd love to see a new version soon with CAPTCHA added also for the "Send topic" screen, as that feature is pretty much impossible to have enabled for guests for the time being.

How can we do that please? I'm kinda bad at this stuff. :|

Daniel Hofverberg

Korby: Go to the Package Manager, and then add the following at the end of the URL in the address bar (index.php?action=package, etc):
;version_emulate=1.1

If it works, the package manager will then display a notification that you should upgrade to 1.1.1 (which you can safely ignore). Then you can install the mod as usual.

korby

gregy

worked well for me .. spam is off :d

snifftheglove

Does anybody know if HarzeM is OK?

He has not posted in SMF forum since 19th December (1 month ago)

korby

Anybody there? :D

I really need this mod, but .php is not my good point. :(

maobe

Hi Folks,

do the following:

1. Download the zip-File from the PackageServer!

2. Access the PackageManager of your SMF and add ;version_emulate=1.1 to the URL in your Adressbar ->

/index.php?action=packages;version_emulate=1.1

...hit Return, ignore the Message

3. Upload the zip-File via PackageManager (Download Packages) to your SMF

4. Apply Mod

5. be happy...

Tested & Proved on a NEW SMF 1.1.1 Installation, but should do for every upgraded SMF!!!

regards

Mao-B

"Ich weiß nicht ob es besser wird, wenn es anders wird. Ich weiß nur, dass es anders werden muss, damit es besser werden kann."

www.phantastischewelten.de

Annihilator

Someone fix this mod, please. Modification parse error, incompatibility with 1.1.1 (disregarding the "hack" to get it to run)... too much.

korby

maobe, I allready said it. Doesn't work. Look at my first post on this page. :(

kuklovod

Attaching fixed mod. Same, only changed to install on 1.1.1 without any problems.

jacobselby

I installed it successfully but for some reason none of the letters for the verification show up, whats going on?

Advertisement: