News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annihilator

Modification parse error - still.

OmegaSupreme

Quote from: kuklovod on January 28, 2007, 04:53:09 AM
Attaching fixed mod. Same, only changed to install on 1.1.1 without any problems.

Thanks I use the theme Silver_Shine_V2 and that seemed to do the trick...was waiting on that

[Lucien]

Quote from: Annihilator on January 30, 2007, 06:33:34 AM

Here the same, tried everything whats left to try.. :(

And thank you for this mod, i used it before and it is awesome :)
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

Achilles991

Hello. why i cant install this mod for SMF 1.1.1???? When i try to install it i see this massage "This mod doesn't seem to support your SMF version."!!!! WHY THAT?? If you want check my site here:
www.schoolnparty.com/forum/index.php

Achilles991

If someone fix this bug i will be glad to reable again visual verification. Now it is disabled!

kgo

Attaching fixed mod. Same, only changed to install on 1.1.1 without any problems.

This worked perfectly.  Thanks a ton!

Dirk67

Quote from: Achilles991 on February 04, 2007, 05:45:45 AM
If someone fix this bug i will be glad to reable again visual verification. Now it is disabled!
unfortunately the developer of AVV HarzeM was not active in this forum since the 19th of december last year  :(
we hope he's fine ...
Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

Krysia

This mod works fine (I'm on 1.1.1), but my members have alerted me to the fact that they get the verification request even when trying to PM someone --- and I have that setting disabled. They shouldn't have to verify anything prior to PMming a fellow member of the board.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Niteblade

Quote from: Annihilator on January 30, 2007, 06:33:34 AM

I get this when I run php v5.2.0 ... when I change back to version php 4.4.4, this error goes away.
affiliate blog

quicksilver1024

Quote from: Krysia on February 07, 2007, 12:26:03 PM
This mod works fine (I'm on 1.1.1), but my members have alerted me to the fact that they get the verification request even when trying to PM someone --- and I have that setting disabled. They shouldn't have to verify anything prior to PMming a fellow member of the board.

Has this happened to anyone else?

This is happening on my board as well. In fact, I get two CAPTCHAs to go through before sending PM's. I have turned CAPTHA for PM off and even tried turning CAPTCHA entirely off, but they are still there. To make matters worse, you cannot send PM's due to this!

Kindred

there are two places that CAPTCHA is referenced for PMs...

one is the standard SMF CAPTCHA for PMs... (turn that off)
The other is the option added by this mod....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Krysia

Quote from: Kindred on February 07, 2007, 04:59:00 PM
there are two places that CAPTCHA is referenced for PMs...

one is the standard SMF CAPTCHA for PMs... (turn that off)
The other is the option added by this mod....
Where is the standard SMF CAPTCHA for PMs located?

Krysia

Found it: "Post count under which users must enter a code"...

szinski

If you're having problems with people not being able to send pm's, you should do the following:

1. From the Admin-->Features and Options page, set the Post count under which users must enter code when sending personal messages option to 0 (zero).

2. From the Admin-->Registration-->Visual Verification page, clear (uncheck) the Ask when sending personal messages box setting.

Steve

GetRank

thanks so much

webhigh

I installed the original AVV mod and upgrade to SMF 1.1 then upgrade SMF to 1.1.1 with out realizing that the AVV didn't work with 1.1.1 - today tried to install the upgrade of AV 1.1.1 provided in this board - not guest can't post and I can't get in to the Registration in the Admin area - keep getting the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_verification_settings() (previously declared in /home/wgn/public_html/support/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code:656) in /home/wgn/public_html/support/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code on line 840

Anyone know how to fix this - tried upload the theme files again but know luck either

Thank
[email protected]

szinski

Check Sources/ManagePermissions.php and Sources/Profile.php scripts. Look for duplicate blocks of the same code, specifically look for the template_verification_settings() function and see if it's in the code twice. If it is, remove the duplicate.

quicksilver1024

Quote from: Blue Crab on February 07, 2007, 07:16:04 PM
If you're having problems with people not being able to send pm's, you should do the following:

1. From the Admin-->Features and Options page, set the Post count under which users must enter code when sending personal messages option to 0 (zero).

2. From the Admin-->Registration-->Visual Verification page, clear (uncheck) the Ask when sending personal messages box setting.

Steve

i found it! THANK YOU

gdoostra

Thanx for the update! Seems to work perfectly.
First couldn't find the avv-settings tab under registration, but it appeared when switching from Dutch to English.

Daniel15

Quote from: Dirk67 on February 05, 2007, 02:21:19 AM
Quote from: Achilles991 on February 04, 2007, 05:45:45 AM
unfortunately the developer of AVV HarzeM was not active in this forum since the 19th of december last year  :(
we hope he's fine ...
I believe that he decided to leave the community for some time. I'm not sure when (or if) he'll be back, though  :'(
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Advertisement: