Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.G.S

Hey I got a problem I only just noticed... (I installed the mod 2-3 months ago...)

Even though I have the PM Visual Verfication box unticked, it still appears in the PM area and is stopping my members from PMing.

Also, it puts two Visual V. codes in the PM send box, not just one.

Almost forgot, it also seems to be only happening to certain membergroups. (nothing to do with permissions, i checked them)
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Krysia

Quote from: L.G.S on February 11, 2007, 11:45:27 AM
Hey I got a problem I only just noticed... (I installed the mod 2-3 months ago...)

Even though I have the PM Visual Verfication box unticked, it still appears in the PM area and is stopping my members from PMing.

Also, it puts two Visual V. codes in the PM send box, not just one.

Almost forgot, it also seems to be only happening to certain membergroups. (nothing to do with permissions, i checked them)
If you check back a page or so, this problem was brought up and addressed already. :)

L.G.S

Oops sorry, I'll check it

has the mod been updated since december?
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Krysia

Quote from: L.G.S on February 11, 2007, 01:10:45 PM
Oops sorry, I'll check it

has the mod been updated since december?
Hm. That I don't know. I guess as long as it's been working for me, I haven't checked. What does it say on the Mod site?

Krysia

Okay, on the Mod's site, it still says 12/10/06, so I'm thinking not...

dpiffy

first off, if this has been asked and answered already, i apologize, didnt feel like going through 29 pages though to look it up.

Is this Advanced Visual Mod available for version 1.1.1 yet? i thought it worked, because it seems to be working fine on another boards I have up elsewhere, but i did upgrade from 1.1 to 1.1.1 and already had the mod installed, so maybe thats why it still works? IDK? But the new boards I have set up, it is 1.1.1 and when trying to install, it says that the mod is either corrupted or not valid for my version of the boards. So Im guessing fresh install of 1.1.1 will not work for this mod? yet? anything i can do to fix it manually, or is there a estimated date when it will for sure work with 1.1.1?

Thanks, David

Daniel Hofverberg

dpiffy: The mod seems to be working fine on a clean SMF 1.1.1 install, if you add ;version_emulate=1.1 to the package manager URL before installing it. I've done it, and it installed with no errors and has been running for a month with no problems.

Some other people have had problems though (as seen on various posts in this topic), but that may be because of other installed mods; not sure.

dpiffy

Quote from: Daniel Hofverberg on February 12, 2007, 05:20:16 AM
dpiffy: The mod seems to be working fine on a clean SMF 1.1.1 install, if you add ;version_emulate=1.1 to the package manager URL before installing it. I've done it, and it installed with no errors and has been running for a month with no problems.

Some other people have had problems though (as seen on various posts in this topic), but that may be because of other installed mods; not sure.

for the most part i am an advanced user with these mods, but in the case of what you just told me to do, im not sure. What file is this I am adding this to? and is there any specific place i am adding this, or replacing? i have tried using a find feature in my text editor, on a few files and havent dound it yet.

dpiffy

as another note, i just saw the update to 1.1.2
still didnt work.. and i still havent found where i am to add that version_emulate code at..
also, rather this is another issue, or could be part of the problem, now even after upgrading to 1.1.2, the better security for the verification, it only shows the background color or fuzzy, no letters are appearing in the box that you are supposed to read and type in the verify.

Dirk67

this AVV mod does not work with the new 1.1.2 Version at all  :(
(neither with ";version_emulate=1.1" nor with modifying the "package-info.xml" to e.g.: "<install for="1.1,1.1.1,1.1.2">"

what can we do now to get CAPTCHA functionality for guest postings ?
Board-Info Server-Info
using: SMF 1.1.3 PHP Version: 4.4.1
charset = UTF-8 MySQL Version: 4.1.22-debug-log
Mods: - User Email System Server Version: Apache/1.3 (Unix) mod_ssl
        - AVV by HarzeM GD Version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

web is what we make it .

Martje

:( nope its certainly not working on SMF1.1.2, I thought by now that there would be a working captcha as a standard feature in SMF, these days it is  a must to have a verification code working on a forum. unless the majority of SMF users does not alllow guestposting... :'(

dpiffy
to get the 1.1 version working on SMF1.1.1 just open  the package-info.xml and replace

<install for="1.1">
to
<install for="1.1.1">

and
<uninstall for="1.1">
to
<uninstall for="1.1.1">
uplaod the file with
Package to Upload:
in your admin-packages
and then go to browse packages and in Modification Packages click the Apply Mod

that should do the trick (1.1.1 only)

nokonium

If you installed the SMF 1.1.1 patch, uninstall it then uninstall or install the mod and re-apply the patch. However the mod does need updating for 1.1.2, if you try to install the 1.1.2 patch with the mod installed there are several test failures. If you uninstall the mod, apply the 1.1.2 patch and try to re-install the mod it cannot find the insertion points for 3 files because it has been changed by SMF 1.1.2.

I still want to use this mod because it is still way better than the SMF built in one, so I'll wait to upgrade my main site.

lexhair

I installed it under 1.1. When I upgraded to 1.1.1, it still worked just fine. However, it won't uninstall under 1.1.1 so upgrading to 1.1.2 is tough unless you manually uninstall it, which isn't trivial.

dpiffy

well i have edited the 1.1 to 1.1.1 after i uninstalled from 1.1.2 back to 1.1.1, and still not working. i edit the install file, update it to the zip file, try to add it back on my forum through the package upload, and now it says: "The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. "

Im not sure what im doing wrong. like i said i am probably a 7 out of a 10 for experience on knowing how to mod files and website editing and manually editing the files. I was thinking just install everything manually, but it looks like quite a bit more I would want to mess with without being worried of messing anything up.  

bob

Quote from: dpiffy on February 12, 2007, 02:04:33 PM
as another note, i just saw the update to 1.1.2
still didnt work.. and i still havent found where i am to add that version_emulate code at..
also, rather this is another issue, or could be part of the problem, now even after upgrading to 1.1.2, the better security for the verification, it only shows the background color or fuzzy, no letters are appearing in the box that you are supposed to read and type in the verify.

I have that problem with the stock captcha code as well. I THINK it MAY have something to do with the version of libgd on the server. AVV worked VERY well in the monochrome mode but until it has a 1.1.2 version I'm sort of stuck...

A little more info on the problem with the stock captcha code, the libgd version affects colors but the problem with the stock code appears to be freetype support in php.

Krysia

I had to manually uninstall tihs mod in order to run the SMF 1.1.2 update patch. I have not yet tried to reinstall it. Considering the update had a bunch of CAPTCHA changes, I figure that the codes wouldn't be the same anymore for this mod.

Chriss Cohn

Hello, creator of this mod, please make a fast "bugfix" to your mod, so it will work with 1.1.2
We all need it!!!

Regards,Christian

Rick_M

I agree we need an update badly.  I was able to use the modified version for 1.1.1, but without a working version for 1.1.2, I have to shut guest posting off.

Oh well.

Kindred

works fine for me in 1.1.2...

mind you, I applied the 1.1.2 patch and ignored the "errors" since they were all related to the changes that this mod made...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dpiffy

well thats nice, but like i said, it didnt even work for 1.1.1.. i installed it fresh of 1.1.1, and converted a YaBB board to this new SMF.. so it never worked once on my new host.. i have another host however that it did work fine going from 1.1 to 1.1.1 but not to 1.1.2

Advertisement: