News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Williams

Quote from: dpiffy on February 14, 2007, 01:07:05 PM
well thats nice, but like i said, it didnt even work for 1.1.1.. i installed it fresh of 1.1.1, and converted a YaBB board to this new SMF.. so it never worked once on my new host.. i have another host however that it did work fine going from 1.1 to 1.1.1 but not to 1.1.2

Have you tried checking the CHMOD permissions?
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

dpiffy

i honestly dont remember if i have or not..

what files should i be concerned with checking and what permissions should they have?

Sapphire_H

I thought because I got it installed it was working - took me a few days to realize that, in fact, no character images were showing up at registration, so no one could get through the registration process.

I disabled all the built in visual verifications (1.1.1) and tried installing the mod - got the following error when clicking on "Register":

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_verification_settings() (previously declared in /home/sou10001/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1751) : eval()'d code:701) in /home/sou10001/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1751) : eval()'d code on line 885

Uninstalling the mod caused a failure in the personalmessage.php file, but it did uninstall otherwise.

Registration, however, still doesn't work and I've got the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_verification_settings() (previously declared in /home/sou10001/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1751) : eval()'d code:721) in /home/sou10001/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1751) : eval()'d code on line 905

I really need some help!

Mods currently installed:

SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
MessagePreviewOnHover    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
SMF Staff Page       1.5.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Enchanced post template    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
SMF Links       1.6.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
MessagePreviewOnHover    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
VisualWarning       1.31    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Search Topic       1.01    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Custom Profile Field Mod    3.16    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
View Only Boards       1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
BBCode Bar For Signature    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Ignore Boards       2.0.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Ignore user       1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
PM On Registration       1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Reason For Editing Mod    1.14    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Kindred

looks like you installed the mod twice...

you will have to go remove the duplicate sections by hand...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dpiffy

i never got a response to my question 2-3 posts above this one..

all i know is the author of this mod said to not comment on the actual mod page and to do so on this topic, and everyone is needing help or is just plain asking for an update for 1.1.2 and haven't heard anything back at all...

i cant imagine it being much any different than 1.1.1 to change much at all that would make it difficult to upgrade it to work for 1.1.2     right/wrong?

Chriss Cohn

Its very sad that we got no response of the mod-creator.....
Anyway, why not just try to find out the right insert-point by our selves?
This couldn't be so hard.....

Regards Christian

Cyberclone

Here my version for 1.1.2
I hope it works...

dpiffy

Quote from: Cyberclone on February 25, 2007, 09:24:36 AM
I hope it works...

WOW! THANK YOU !! YOUR A LIFE SAVER!! IT worked and installed perfect for me.. now.. however.. i am still finding the same problem I had with the new updated verification built in to the new SMF 1.1.2 --where the background is showing, but no actual letters are appearing. It is doing this as well with this mod. I thought maybe with this mod, it would work, but it does the same thing as the one built into SMF too.. So does it have something to do with my internet host/server that is making it not work. The guy for my host is easy to talk to, is there something I need to find out from him as to why it may not be working??

rejetto

did you try to install 1.1.2 from scratch, then apply the mods?

dpiffy

i did a 1.1.1 then update to 1.1.2

staudili

Hi,

i had tested it with 1.1.2 (Update from 1.1.1) and it works only whith a little trick.

at // Skip I, J, L, O and Q. is a different line, there must be:

<file name="$sourcedir/Register.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ // Generate a visual verification code to make sure the user is no bot.
$context['visual_verification'] = empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) || $modSettings['disable_visual_verification'] != 1;
if ($context['visual_verification'])
{
$context['use_graphic_library'] = in_array('gd', get_loaded_extensions());
$context['verificiation_image_href'] = $scripturl . '?action=verificationcode;rand=' . md5(rand());

// Only generate a new code if one hasn't been set yet
if (!isset($_SESSION['visual_verification_code']))
{
// Skip I, J, L, O and Q.
$character_range = array_merge(range('A', 'H'), array('K', 'M', 'N', 'P', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '9'), range('R', 'Z'));

// Generate a new code.
$_SESSION['visual_verification_code'] = '';
for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++)
$_SESSION['visual_verification_code'] .= $character_range[array_rand($character_range)];
}
}
]]></search>

so all works correctly.

My Forum is german, but if i use the translated file a few post before there are a few things in english...
"Type the letters shown in the picture
Sie sollten 5 Zeichen in diesem Bild lesen können. "
Where can i modify it?

Greetz staudi

P.S.: sorry my english (o:

Cyberclone

Dann ändere das File install.xml in der Zip Datei und übersetze die englischen Ausdrücke im Bereicht zwischen    <file name="$languagedir/index.german.php"> blabla </file>

you have to translate the english strings between <file name="$languagedir/index.german.php"> blabla </file>  in file install.xml

staudili

Hi,

das hab ich auch gerade festgestellt, aber trotzdem dankeschön. bei der übersetzung die hier im thread etwas früher steht fehlen ein paar sachen.

Thanks, i used the translation from earlyer in this thread, but in this a few things missed.

greetz staudi

lexhair

Quote from: Cyberclone on February 25, 2007, 09:24:36 AM
I hope it works...
Nice. The mod still needs an uninstaller for 1.1.1 so you can remove it, install the 1.1.2 patch and then reinstall AVV.

staudili

Hi again,

i´ve found the few strings which was untranslated in: /Themes/default/Login.german.php (or your prefered language)
here a quick german translation
$txt['visual_verification_label'] = 'Visuelle Verifikation';
$txt['visual_verification_description'] = 'Geben Sie die Zeichen des Bildes ein.';
$txt['visual_verification_sound'] = 'Die Zeichen h&ouml;ren';
$txt['visual_verification_sound_again'] = 'Wiederholen';
$txt['visual_verification_sound_close'] = 'Fenster schlie&szlig;en';
$txt['visual_verification_request_new'] = 'Ein neues Bild generieren';
$txt['visual_verification_sound_direct'] = 'Haben Sie Probleme das zu h&ouml;ren? Versuchen Sie es mit direkt.';

greetz staudi

vcomp

Thanks for all of the hard work dude.  What is the verdict on the 1.1.2 download a few posts ago.  Does it require any tweaks to work properly?

TIA

lexhair

I'm a compulsive "updater" but I've got AVV and 1.1.1 running fine so I'm going to stay with this configuration for a couple more 1.1.x releases.

And yes....it's killing me not to update.

lucia2

I've installed SMF 1.1.2 and I'd love to add AVV.  I've tried to figure out how to do it based on what's discussed here, but I'm mystified. When I try to install using the package manager I get this:

===
Installation Readme
This mod doesn't seem to support your SMF version.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Advanced Visual Verification":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
==

Is there a work around? (I'm seeing  hints above, but I'm afraid I don't understand enough to figure out what to do.  Can I unzip, edit and install without the package manager? Or modify, rezip, then use the package manager? (Yes. I am clueless!)

verderacer

Howdy,

Been trying to just uncompress the zip file on my OS X (10.4.8) system and it fail every time.  Have tried downloading the file on 3 different systems and still no luck.

Any ideas ???

lucia2

Advertisement: