News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Member Awards (2.0 Compatible!)

Started by Spuds, September 18, 2006, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dzonny

Thanks for trying to help hcfwesker.

It wont work at all sadly, no matter if i wrote half of a members name or the whole, nothing seems to activate that drop-down list.

As i have highly customized theme and few mods on my forum, including some jquery/java scripts it may be possible that some of those scripts caused such problems? If so any idea where can i search for a solution, as everything besides this seems to be working great. Also if there's a change to turn off this drop-down box and accept just written username while assigning an award would be great, but so far i didn't managed to do that. :(

Mr. Pedram

Someone have problem with this mod, he created topic here but can't speak English for post this prob here, so i did this instead him. the issue is when he want to upload an image for award, will get this error:

Quotefile: /home/user/public_html/Sources/ManageAwards.php
line: 168

On SMF 2.0.rc4
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» Birthdate On Registration
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
» Search Topic & Board Button
Browse All...

Kindred

what is the ACTUAL error... not just the line number
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Skaty

Quote from: hcfwesker on May 26, 2013, 02:43:52 PM
Quote from: Skaty on May 24, 2013, 07:35:54 AM
Can't find where was the codes for pm send when assign a award.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114701.msg3482704#msg3482704

Thank you. i tried to delete description from pm body but when a delete it pm is sending empty. how can i delete award's desctiption from pm and gave a award's link to image or the award's title ?

function SendAwardPMByID()
{
global $smcFunc, $sourcedir, $txt;

$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
SELECT
a.id_award, a.award_name, a.description, a.filename, m.uniq_id, m.id_award, m.id_member, m.date_received
FROM
({db_prefix}awards AS a)

LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}awards_members as m ON (a.id_award = m.id_award)
                ORDER BY m.uniq_id DESC LIMIT 1");

$row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request);

$smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);

$image = $row['filename'];
                $awardname = $row['award_name'];
                $description = $row['description'];

$pm_register_recipients = array(
'to' => array($row['id_member']),
'bcc' => array(),
);

require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Post.php');

sendpm($pm_register_recipients, sprintf($txt['award_pm_subject'],$row['id_member']),
sprintf($txt['award_pm_body'],$image,$awardname,$description));

}

Mr. Pedram

Quote from: Kindred on May 27, 2013, 03:08:27 PM
what is the ACTUAL error... not just the line number

He said:

Quoteconstraint failed
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

Kindred

constraint failed?
I don't know that error.

what is the full error message?

...WHAT IS HERE?...
file: /home/user/public_html/Sources/ManageAwards.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mr. Pedram

Quote from: Kindred on May 28, 2013, 07:37:53 AM
constraint failed?
I don't know that error.

what is the full error message?

...WHAT IS HERE?...
file: /home/user/public_html/Sources/ManageAwards.php

I asked him a screenshot:

http://simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=504202.0;attach=220545;image
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

Kindred

I have never seen that error before -- which leads me to think it might be a bad translation (??)
Слaва
Украинi

Ian1045

Hello everyone, I am having a problem with this mod...

I installed it with a few errors, thought nothing of it. I made sure it was installed with the theme I am using too. So when I go to set a member with an award it works, but doesn't show up under their name... this is the whole reason I wanted this mod. So if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. I will be happy to answer any questions you have for me.

Mr. Pedram

Quote from: Kindred on May 28, 2013, 08:32:45 PM
I have never seen that error before -- which leads me to think it might be a bad translation (??)

I think that error is so weird!
bad translation of mod or SMF or.. what

and one thing Kindred, on the title in screenshot wrote in farsi, that means:

Error in database

maybe it help to solve this prob.
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

Kindred

Ian1045,

if the mod had errors during the install, then it did not successfully install.
What is it with people ignoring errors and assuming that everything will just work, despite the errors?
At this point, you are going to have to manually go through all the files which were supposed to be edited by the mod and confirm that the changes have been made, correctly
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Mr. Pedram,
At this point, I am at a loss...  did he confirm if the database table was correctly created?
Слaва
Украинi

hcfwesker

Quote from: Ian1045 on May 29, 2013, 04:40:54 AMI installed it with a few errors, thought nothing of it.

There's your mod installing mistake.

Quote from: Ian1045 on May 29, 2013, 04:40:54 AMbut doesn't show up under their name... this is the whole reason I wanted this mod. So if anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. I will be happy to answer any questions you have for me.

Add the manual edits to Display.template.php from the MOD's parse page instructions, OR ....

Though, if you're interested, I've changed where awards display to be put with Member's signatures. (When many Awards are displayed in the mini-profile in posts will get cluttered, in the signature they're laid out much cleaner)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114701.msg3122589#msg3122589  Just skip to Step 3

Kindred

hcfwesker,

just as a note - if he had more than one error, he will have to fix them all... not just display.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

hcfwesker

He says everything else works, just not member's awards showing in their post-profile.  And, those edits get skipped without showing errors, as shown on the mod parse page.  This is a common problem with the MOD, because for some reason the installer is coded to "skip" the errors for Display.template.phph if there's an error.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Ian1045

Thanks for the help so far guys, but I went and checked back to see where the install errors were, and it turns out they were in 'Load.php', I clicked on the little modify icon or w/e and it told me this:

Code: (Find)

// I'm sorry, but I've got to stick it somewhere...
if($modSettings['awards_in_post'] > 0 && !empty($new_loaded_ids)){
$awardsRequest = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT
aw.id_award, aw.award_name, aw.description, aw.minifile,
am.id_member, am.date_received, am.favorite
FROM {db_prefix}awards_members AS am
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}awards AS aw ON (aw.id_award = am.id_award)
WHERE am.id_member IN({array_int:members})
ORDER BY am.favorite DESC, am.date_received DESC',
array(
'members' => $new_loaded_ids,
)
);

// Fetch the award info just once
while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($awardsRequest)){
$user_profile[$row['id_member']]['awards'][] = array(
'id' => $row['id_award'],
'award_name' => $row['award_name'],
'description' => $row['description'],
'more' => '?action=profile;area=awardsMembers;id=' . $row['id_award'],
'href' => '?action=profile;area=showAwards;u=' . $row['id_member'],
'minifile' => $row['minifile'],
'img' => '/' . (empty($modSettings['awards_dir']) ? '' : $modSettings['awards_dir'] . '/') . $row['minifile'],
);
}
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($awardsRequest);
}
}

if (!empty($new_loaded_ids) && $set !== 'minimal')

Code: (Replace)

}

if (!empty($new_loaded_ids) && $set !== 'minimal')

I have searched all through 'Load.php' for the Code: (Find) bit.. but nothing, I can't seem to find it.

Also, hcfwesker... the signature thing didn't work sadly :/ But, I think it might be because I am using a custom theme... I don't know though because I put the default theme on just to see if the awards would show up, but they don't. However, some of these appear: '*****' under the users name. If anyone knows how I can just get this awards showing up in posts, that would be great. Thanks :D

hcfwesker

Dude.  you're doing the complete opposite.  What you're "trying" to find is actually what you have to replace with, and vice verse.  That's the uninstall instructions you're looking at.  so do the opposite of Find & Replace, that you have labeled in your post above.

Mortuum

Hi,

I try to install this mod but it doesnt work in my forum.

My smf is 2.0.4 with ADK portal 2.1.1

So, i did installation, the only problem came from the subs, so i add the code myself. The rest is ok without problem.
I am able to creat award (with logo) but the problem come after.
I can't assign, modify, delete, etc. an award, i can't édit a category. It links to a 404 page.
So basicaly, i can't do nothing except created award but of link problem.

Exemple of link problem : http://e-lire.fr/forum/admin/?area=awards;sa=viewcategory;id=1 [nofollow] --> 404 error and same for all links.

What is wrong ?

SD-X

Quote from: Mortuum on June 01, 2013, 08:23:56 PM
Hi,

I try to install this mod but it doesnt work in my forum.

My smf is 2.0.4 with ADK portal 2.1.1

So, i did installation, the only problem came from the subs, so i add the code myself. The rest is ok without problem.
I am able to creat award (with logo) but the problem come after.
I can't assign, modify, delete, etc. an award, i can't édit a category. It links to a 404 page.
So basicaly, i can't do nothing except created award but of link problem.

Exemple of link problem : http://e-lire.fr/forum/admin/?area=awards;sa=viewcategory;id=1 --> 404 error and same for all links.

What is wrong ?
Make sure you apply the necessary fixes mentioned in previous pages. There are some bugs in the code that require being repaired.

Mortuum

yeah i did from las previous page. Get worse.

Anyway way. I try on an other forum in other name domain. I work fine.
So i reinstall a clean version on the current forum, so no other mods, nothing. And it still do the same problem!

Advertisement: