News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Member Awards (2.0 Compatible!)

Started by Spuds, September 18, 2006, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emrak

Can we list all of the members who have the award(s)? I mean can we put a link in main menu like "Members and Awards"? So every member can see the them and their awards in a page.

littleone

Quote from: Emrak on September 21, 2006, 06:30:24 PM
Can we list all of the members who have the award(s)? I mean can we put a link in main menu like "Members and Awards"? So every member can see the them and their awards in a page.
Every member gets a page added to their profile.  So any member can see this page with the awards on it of any other person.

You can also click on the award image, and it will display who all has won that same award in a list.  see the screenshots posted on the mod page.

Emrak

Quote from: littleone on September 21, 2006, 08:09:26 PM
Every member gets a page added to their profile.  So any member can see this page with the awards on it of any other person.

You can also click on the award image, and it will display who all has won that same award in a list.  see the screenshots posted on the mod page.

Yea, when we click the award image, it displays who all has won that same award.. But how can we display winners of different games in a page? If possible let the single page displays all winners of all games. Can we do that?

JayBachatero

No you can't do that.  You can do a query to do it though.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

littleone

Quote from: Emrak on September 21, 2006, 08:29:35 PM
Quote from: littleone on September 21, 2006, 08:09:26 PM

Yea, when we click the award image, it displays who all has won that same award.. But how can we display winners of different games in a page? If possible let the single page displays all winners of all games. Can we do that?

In most cases this would be bad.  I for one have almost 250 active awards many of which are awarded 30 or 40 times, so imagine what that would do.  Post 250 badges, with many having 30 or 40 names, it be one long useless page to scroll through.  You can also however, find the badge in your admin panel and do a view assigned on it.  But ur members cant. ;)

bohn002

well it looked great so I installed it, installed fine, went to the admin of it, and tried to add an award w/o a picture but it wouldnt let me. So found a png file 100x100 and added it and hit upload. Next thing that happens is an internal server error. I start panicing, but am now confused since I use a wrapped forum with my joomla! cms install and it is displaying perfectly.???
hxxp:www.joejoomla.com/forum/ [nonactive] is where the error is.
hxxp:www.joejoomla.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=76 [nonactive] is the wrapped forums that display fine!!!
I deleted the package via the wrapped forums but still getting the error.
Anything else I can try...

Also I had noticed that I was using 1.01 so i went to 1.02. Deleted 1.01 and installed 1.02 via the wrapped forums, 1.02 installed fine and even showed the award I was trying to upload in the 1.01 unwrapped forum. the unwrapped forum is still hosed and SMF repair options cant seem to find anything wrong.

JayBachatero

Does your host allow CHMOD 777?
Follow me on Twitter

bohn002

i have other files at 777 and also directories at the same that seem to work. I will rewrite the file to see. But why would it work in the wrapped format and not the standalone? Also where is the manage awards file.

bohn002

is the forum_directory/awards folder supposed to have a few files in it? All that was there was the png I had tried to upload

JayBachatero

Yes it's supposed to have the files that you upload there.

Check the permissions for SMF.  I'm not sure if you can browse the forum directly with the bridge.
Follow me on Twitter

bohn002

just did a test install of 1.2 in the wrapped forum, I uploaded it, and Applied it.
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Who.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
13.    Extract File    ./Sources/ManageAwards.php    
14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ManageAwards.template.php    
15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ManageAwards.english.php    
16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/award.gif    
17.    Create Tree    ./awards    
18.    Execute Code    install.php

I check the awards folder and there is nothing in it after installing the package. it says both it and the database changes were successful

JayBachatero

Ok when you install it, it's supposed to be empty  When you add an award that file that you upload goes there.
Follow me on Twitter

bohn002

so any idea why the internal server error?

JayBachatero

Check the permission of the forum dir.  Change it to 755.
Follow me on Twitter

bohn002

ok it was 777, so i changed it to 755 works now....Im pretty sure it was working under 777, but oh well. Thanks so much!

JayBachatero

Also change ManageAwards.php to be 755 also.  The code to look for is on page one of this topic.
Follow me on Twitter

Emrak

By the way why can not we give the same award to a same member twice or etc.. ? I want to give a award to a member twice, three times etc in different times but i can't.. Every time i have to upload a new award with the same picture, same game name and award name to give a member.

JayBachatero

This is not.  It was designed that way.
Follow me on Twitter

littleone

Quote from: Emrak on September 22, 2006, 05:26:31 PM
By the way why can not we give the same award to a same member twice or etc.. ? I want to give a award to a member twice, three times etc in different times but i can't.. Every time i have to upload a new award with the same picture, same game name and award name to give a member.

That would be correct.  Thats the only option.  I purposely asked Jay to write it so that you couldnt duplicate it, because I wanted to avoid doubling awards.  I am using them slightly differently though and can see why you would want to reward something multiple times.  Sorry :(

JayBachatero

The change to allow this shouldn't be too hard.
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: