New theme install adjustment question ....

Started by boardgirls, September 18, 2006, 07:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boardgirls

In IE, select the view tab, then select source, displays the code. I would like to change a few things like the font style for the main header logo. However, it is in the new theme folder on my server its called index.php -----> I can make the changes I want in notepad, but once I save it becomes a .TXT file no matter what I name it. What would I need to do to make the changes and git her done? Thanx again ....
www.bigfootwest.com Family & Friends Admin Team

rockinaway

Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

boardgirls

I do, but it then as I go back to the file it saves in automatic as .php.txt   ???

kegobeer

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

boardgirls

If I make the changes in notepad it auto saves it as .php.txt  Rather than just .php   ???

kegobeer

When you save as, make sure to save as type "all files" and not "Text documents (.txt)".
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

boardgirls

Great advise !!! However on our home computer it shows .php, but once I get to the host ftp java platform to transfer it over, it displays it as a php.txt still. I transferred it but saw no changes or glitches either. So I just replaced it with the original to be safe ??? Thxs again by the way !!!

kegobeer

Open up My Computer, then go to Tools -> Folder Options -> and make sure that "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked.  Now you'll see the actual file type for your file.  If the file is named "something.php.txt", you can just right click -> Rename, and remove the .txt part.

boardgirls

You are GODOBEER !!! That was spot on .... Thanks Again - Beers on me again !!!

Advertisement: