Transferred from vBulletin to SMF, problems with PMs

Started by Illarane, September 19, 2006, 11:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illarane

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.8
Hiya,

I've just transferred my forums from vBulletin to SMF and verything seems to be working fine, but some of the usergroups have gone wonky.  We replaced the group IDs on the Guest, admin and moderators groups and transferred everything across, however for some reason most of the users are showing up as Guests as well as another group.

I can't figure out why it's doing it, since no-one's in the Guest group, so if anyone can tell me how I can sort it out I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Ben.

Illarane

Actually, scratch that; it's not everyone, just Moderators.  Still can't work out why, though...

Illarane

D'oh, right, SMF doesn't *have* a guest usergroup per se, that's the Mods group.

jerm

So is this issue resolved, or are you still having problems?

Illarane

I'm still having some issues, just not that one.  I realised that I'd managed to replace the Moderators group with the old Guests group, which is why I was confused.

The problems we have at the moment are missing private messages; the messages themselves have been converted over to the new database, however the information that links them to users has only been transferred in part.  I've tried writing a script to read the touserarray field of the vBulletin tables and convert that into a format that is readable by SMF, but this seems to end in PMs that were definitely not sent to people being linked to their account.

I've tried searching for this issue elsewhere, but I can't find another topic on it.  Is there an easy way to fix this that doesn't involve reading every row individually and typing the data in by hand?

gravesend46

Hi, have just converted over from vB on a test site and all seems to have gone OK, except the PMs. Similar problem as above.

All outbox messages seem to be in place, but no inbox PMs. I've run the SQL query listed elsewhere and repaired settings via the php file and the forum maintenance but still no inbox PMs...??

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

madmigmr2

another one with the same problem

my conversion was from 3.6.4

I looked trough phpmyadmin and the messages are there
but they don't show up on the inbox of the users

JayBachatero

It's a known problem.  I haven't had a chance to fix it yet.  Maybe in a week or so.
Follow me on Twitter

JayBachatero

Does anyone have a test board so that I can take a look at converting the PM's properly?
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: